It makes me sad when people leave our platform. :(

Came from Windows Phone - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Poor user was still onWP7. No wonder he/she left. WP8 would have been a much better experience.

The last entry was "Loving Android!! Why would anyone use any other OS?"

Sigh....

Just wait. A couple updates, a bunch of stuff running in the background you don't know about, and some badly written apps downloaded to the phone later and there will be some reasons why people use other OS's fairly apparent.
    01-17-2014 05:34 PM
    Poor user was still onWP7. No wonder he/she left. WP8 would have been a much better experience.

Sigh....

Just wait. A couple updates, a bunch of stuff running in the background you don't know about, and some badly written apps downloaded to the phone later and there will be some reasons why people use other OS's fairly apparent.
    Ha,ha...I would have to agree.
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-17-2014 05:38 PM

Sigh....

I deleted certain apps and block other that were doing this.

Always fun!

I feel like a 24/7 IT Technician!
    snowmutt and sahib lopez like this.
    01-17-2014 05:39 PM

Sigh....

Dont forget the apps that have malware, adware etc.

I once saw a person android phone that had adware everywhere on the lock screen, notification centre, messages etc.

Very funny! :P

This happened because they let their child go on the device and downloaded some games and other things.
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-17-2014 05:40 PM
    As we are exchanging some fun stories about seeing other WP users...

As I do just a whole bunch of stuff with the Salvation Army, our Local Mall had a Burlington Coat Factory open up. The company decided to "adopt" the Salvation Army as it's charity of choice in the local area, so a few of us represented the Army at the presentation. Our local paper was there as the Mayor and State Rep were both in attendence as well. What was she recording/taking pictures with for use later? A fancy point and shoot? A top line Cannon or other digital camera?

Nope. A Lumia 1020.

Had about 30 seconds to talk to her, and she said she saves herself all kinds of hassle by using the 1020 for the events she was assigned, and that not one person at the paper has noticed a drop in quality from the photos of her old camera to the L1020.

Made me smile.
    BIGPADDY and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-17-2014 05:42 PM

Always fun!

same here I am not about to go to android just to put an AV and worry about what apps are safe ....."anit nobody have time for that" :P
    01-17-2014 05:57 PM
    As we are exchanging some fun stories about seeing other WP users...

As I do just a whole bunch of stuff with the Salvation Army, our Local Mall had a Burlington Coat Factory open up. The company decided to "adopt" the Salvation Army as it's charity of choice in the local area, so a few of us represented the Army at the presentation. Our local paper was there as the Mayor and State Rep were both in attendence as well. What was she recording/taking pictures with for use later? A fancy point and shoot? A top line Cannon or other digital camera?

Nope. A Lumia 1020.

Had about 30 seconds to talk to her, and she said she saves herself all kinds of hassle by using the 1020 for the events she was assigned, and that not one person at the paper has noticed a drop in quality from the photos of her old camera to the L1020.

Made me smile.
    well my friend had an iPhone 4 and now have the 1020 :P that is my story ... yeah I know short but its something
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-17-2014 05:58 PM
    looks like we are going to need a AV on googles thermostat too :P and while we are at it also for googles contact lens ;)
    01-17-2014 05:59 PM
    well im off to do a little job ...laters all
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-17-2014 06:17 PM
    We are pushing the single digits in fahrenheit here in central IL again. Makes a lot of people edgy. (About -12 in celsius? Sound about right?)
    01-17-2014 06:23 PM

Always fun!

TThat is why I gave my kid an iPad I received as a gift.
    01-17-2014 06:40 PM
    TThat is why I gave my kid an iPad I received as a gift.
    In app purchases! :P
    worldspy99 likes this.
    01-17-2014 06:42 PM

Always fun!

I wwanted a phone that worked all the time not one that made me an IT technician and hence the switch to WP!
    01-17-2014 06:42 PM
    We are pushing the single digits in fahrenheit here in central IL again. Makes a lot of people edgy. (About -12 in celsius? Sound about right?)
    It's 12F at the Minneapolis airport right now. Boarding my delayed flight, I hop I make the tight connection!
    01-17-2014 06:44 PM
    In app purchases! :P
    Mine rrequires a password!
    01-17-2014 06:45 PM
    I wwanted a phone that worked all the time not one that made me an IT technician and hence the switch to WP!
    lol I work as an IT Technician anyway just like to mention it every thousand post or so. I'm always on a device or two or fixing something.

Android.....
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-17-2014 06:48 PM
    Mine rrequires a password!
    I hope it not password!
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    01-17-2014 06:49 PM
    I love eating my CAKE!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-17-2014 10:53 PM
    hey 99 I got MMS to work on H and H+ on the 822 but I still cant send text on H or H+ wat was your problem though
    01-18-2014 12:28 AM
    but I will not give up the 822
    01-18-2014 12:29 AM
    sometimes I think people only want nerds for their knowledge on electronics
    01-18-2014 12:29 AM
    grrrr I like hot dogs :P
    01-18-2014 12:31 AM
    how did RUE pass me o.o ...was he on a posting spree
    01-18-2014 12:31 AM
    I think 2g is very usable when its empty ._. sad but true :P
    01-18-2014 12:35 AM
    I hope it not password!