I was thinking that a 1080p display will drain the battery very quickly it not that bad at all.

However there is a 3000 mAh battery so that helps.

Currently on 83% even using wifi not bad at all.
    01-20-2014 05:04 AM
    My nephew used to be horrible with downloading all the illegal stuff and making his computer a mess.
    I dont know why but they seem not to understand not to do it.
    01-20-2014 05:05 AM
    I can't believe how long it's taking to get the stupid Black Update. People will be on WP8.1 by the time I get it. :P Stupid EE...

I still wonder if I'll even get WP8.1 because of EE. They don't seem overly interested in the 920 anymore.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2014 05:46 AM
    I can't understand one thing... Lumia Black is available/coming soon around the world to 920's, 820's, 625's and its "waiting for approval" in Poland. Come on, its available in other European countries since 1 week!!
    I just want CV software!! I'm pretty sure there is no big difference between European CV's and Polish CV.!
    01-20-2014 05:56 AM
    I can't understand one thing... Lumia Black is available/coming soon around the world to 920's, 820's, 625's and its "waiting for approval" in Poland. Come on, its available in other European countries since 1 week!!
    I just want CV software!! I'm pretty sure there is no big difference between European CV's and Polish CV.!
    I'm in the UK with the same issue. Don't feel so bad. It looks like all the carriers, especially EE, seem to drag their feet with Lumia devices. They got the 1020 and 925 out quickly but that's about it. The rest are all 'waiting for approval' status. With the L920 it's 3UK and EE that haven't released it yet. EE was last with Amber, I'm expecting the same with Black. We didn't get our update until over a month later.

I despise carriers for this reason. I refuse to buy a new phone until a few months old now so I can get one a bit cheaper off contract. I'll never buy another branded phone.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    01-20-2014 06:06 AM
    I had Orange brand, but flashed with CV. What is interesting as I have seen, Orange branded 925's and 1020's had Lumia Black update prior to unbranded phones in Poland :(

We shouldn't complain that much, AT&T users probably are now receiving pre-portico hahah
    01-20-2014 06:13 AM
    *if it keeps being good.

It seems my grammar skills were still asleep.
    01-20-2014 06:14 AM
    Where is everyone working?
    I'm working at staying sane in the GF's house during a holiday weekend. Fortunately I'm off from work today before he. Have to get back to the grind of work and school tomorrow...
    01-20-2014 06:45 AM
    Don't throw it out of your window!
    that's the best way to fix it. Just don't hit anyone with it or they will fix you with a stinging lawsuit...
    01-20-2014 06:46 AM
    Need you remind us? :P
    Glad you said it, not me...
    01-20-2014 06:48 AM
    I'll be needing to de-ice my car too.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/u...3.png~original
    Stay warm! I wish I could send you sunny weather, but it's in the 20s here in NYC...
    01-20-2014 06:50 AM
    Morning folks. One of the problems with dating someone at your job can be their propensity to talk about work after hours and in some of the weirdest times too. The GF is quite guilty of doing this. I will give her credit as she doesn't talk about work as much as she used to - but she still talks abut it a little too much for me...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:02 AM
    I'm up early on a holiday weekend because I always getup early now. That sucks and o wish I could not to that at times...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:04 AM
    Guess it is just me here right now. Instead of following the Sahib to Sahib type conversation when he has the thread to himself, I'll do other things instead...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:05 AM
    So I plan to make for the GF today: broiled salmon, roasted asparagus, steamed red peppers and mash potatoes. The broiled salmon technique is one of the favorites I learned and used from this Chef John and his blog. Last time I made it I used apricot preserves the GF had in her house and it gave it a nice flavor...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:08 AM
    So the GF and I were suppose to do dinner and a movie today, but because the plummer is coming to fix a leak by her toilet, the movie got scrapped. She had wanted to go see "Lone Survivor", as she's a Wahlberg fan. We really wanted to see Dallas Buyers Club but strangely it wasn't playing in the cinemas by her.

So lets hope the plummer doesn't take forever to show up. It supposedly cold tonight and I'd rather us be home before the temp drops so that I don't have to hear her complain about the cold and find a way to say it's my fault were outside freezing. Cold jokes like that are not funny...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:14 AM
    It s nice to have my 920 finally updated. It was getting a bit disjointed gong from the 8X to the 920, especially when I close apps the new way in the multitasker a lot. I haven't really tried out the camera since then, but improvements are always welcome...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:16 AM
    So the GF is still asleep and thus I get to post here. I'm glad she is enjoying her kickboxing classes. She is seeing results - she hasn't lost weight but her size has reduced - and is constantly talking about it. While I'm happy for her, I guess I rather listen to her talk about the gym all the time than work all the time. I guess she likes when I listen because she can go on for stretches and then look at me quizzically as to "why am I not saying anything?" then she will give me the silent treatment for a little while.

I tell you I cannot "win for losing" with her most times. Comes with the territory, I guess...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:22 AM
    I must say, I'm digging the rumors about a mini 1520 from Nokia. The reason why the nano SIM is an issue for me is that even though card adapters have come a long way since the iPhone 4 days, I still rather have all my devices with the same type of SIM card slot. I used to go from my 810 to my G. Nexus alot and the old tape trick while effective was a little nerve wrecking. But if those specs are true, I'd really have to think about it...
    01-20-2014 07:25 AM
    So I just did a baker's dozen worth of consecutive posts without a reply. I should get an award, but BP and Sahib do that all the time, so it taints my achievement. Still, it goes to show you how much posting they do in order to average over 14 posts per day...yikes...😵
    N_LaRUE, BIGPADDY and sahib lopez like this.
    01-20-2014 07:28 AM
    So I'm a bit pissed at work right now. The job offers tuition reimbursement for those in school who can show your studies help improve or are relevant to your work. I'm getting a MSW and I see patients daily who could use a social worker, so you'd think it'd be a slam dunk for me to get it, right?

Wrong. The lady who handles the process is telling me that since I'm getting financial aid, I don't qualify. She even told me that the financial aid is free money I don't have to pay back. I had to reminder here that there is no such thing as "free money" at the post graduate level and I'm paying on the loan I took out for school already.

Now it feels like m cutting through unnecessary red tape. Yes, I understand the hospital has to screen each case differently, but I wished she had just told me the loans would have been an issue. I asked her about that initially, she said no, and now it's a pain in the ***...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:38 AM
    Morning folks. One of the problems with dating someone at your job can be their propensity to talk about work after hours and in some of the weirdest times too. The GF is quite guilty of doing this. I will give her credit as she doesn't talk about work as much as she used to - but she still talks abut it a little too much for me...
    Consider it a debriefing. Most women just need to get stuff out and talking is how they do it. Thing is for you to let her know when it's gone beyond simple debriefing. Not easily accomplished.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    01-20-2014 07:53 AM
    So I just did a baker's dozen worth of consecutive posts without a reply. I should get an award, but BP and Sahib do that all the time, so it taints my achievement. Still, it goes to show you how much posting they do in order to average over 14 posts per day...yikes...😵
    It very hard!
    01-20-2014 07:54 AM
    So I'm a bit pissed at work right now. The job offers tuition reimbursement for those in school who can show your studies help improve or are relevant to your work. I'm getting a MSW and I see patients daily who could use a social worker, so you'd think it'd be a slam dunk for me to get it, right?

Wrong. The lady who handles the process is telling me that since I'm getting financial aid, I don't qualify. She even told me that the financial aid is free money I don't have to pay back. I had to reminder here that there is no such thing as "free money" at the post graduate level and I'm paying on the loan I took out for school already.

Now it feels like m cutting through unnecessary red tape. Yes, I understand the hospital has to screen each case differently, but I wished she had just told me the loans would have been an issue. I asked her about that initially, she said no, and now it's a pain in the ***...
    Can't stand the red tape such a pain to cut.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:54 AM
    So I plan to make for the GF today: broiled salmon, roasted asparagus, steamed red peppers and mash potatoes. The broiled salmon technique is one of the favorites I learned and used from this Chef John and his blog. Last time I made it I used apricot preserves the GF had in her house and it gave it a nice flavor...
    We do salmon in several ways. Fried is typical but we do baked in tinfoil with usually some Asian flavours. Turns out nicely. :)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:56 AM
142,760 ... 976977978979980 ...