Why are you messing with Comp Tia certs? I didn't bother with them. Went for my mcsa, mcse, mcp and mcitp. Each one I got I kept getting me more job offers.
    I want to have a better understanding of the basic from hardware to networking then I'm going to do the comptia network.

IT jobs in the UK mention CompTia as a good advantage and is asked more from what I look at.

I also at a permanent job right now so I'm reading all different sort of certifications.

As well was going to ask my friend that I know what he thinks will be best for me as well, I ask about CompTia they said that good place to start out with.

I'm also saving money to do an online university degree course.
    stmav likes this.
    01-22-2014 10:32 AM
    So, you prioritize some fish in tanks over posting stuff here?

Why are you Ambassador again? :P
    Worse is that he went to the zoo yesterday. :P I'm not a fan of zoos personally. I have similar feelings about aquariums too.
    Chregu and unstoppablekem like this.
    01-22-2014 10:33 AM
    I got my hands on a rc helicopter yesterday, and oh my, it is fun!
    sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-22-2014 10:33 AM
    I want to have a better understanding of the basic from hardware to networking then I'm going to do the comptia network.

IT jobs in the UK mention CompTia as a good advantage and is asked more from what I look at.

I also at a permanent job right now so I'm reading all different sort of certifications.

As well was going to ask my friend that I know what he thinks will be best for me as well, I ask about CompTia they said that good place to start out with.

Having a degree is nice but the certifications are more important in the long run. Experience counts for a lot too. Nothing against a degree btw.
    01-22-2014 10:36 AM
    Worse is that he went to the zoo yesterday. :P I'm not a fan of zoos personally. I have similar feelings about aquariums too.
    I'm always torn between appreciating and being awed by this amazing creatures while they are preserved in a save surrounding, and the fact that no animal can really be hold captive in a appropriate way for the species.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    I got my hands on a rc helicopter yesterday, and oh my, it is fun!
    There's some guys here into the micro helicopters. They really like them. They went so far as to get the fancy RC.

Well whatever works out best for you BP. That's the main thing. I personally found more value in Microsoft and Cisco certifications. Security and messaging are two hot areas at the moment. I went with messaging in addition to network administrator/engineer because I figured e-mail isn't going anywhere for a while.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-22-2014 10:41 AM
    Having a degree is nice but the certifications are more important in the long run. Experience counts for a lot too. Nothing against a degree btw.
    This is true. I know of many with degrees that didn't get many job offers until they got certifications to go with them. There was an article on this not long ago. Keeping with the theme around here, I can't find it at the moment.
    01-22-2014 10:43 AM

Agreed! And at least you should have eaten Cake for breakfast:-)
    Chregu likes this.
    01-22-2014 10:54 AM
    The HTC 8X 16GB arrived last night. It is an absolute delight and not to mention in mint condition. So now I am really torn between it and the 810. The 920 I am sorry to say is going to go up for sale even with its fancy DT-910 wireless charger:-(
    Chregu likes this.
    01-22-2014 10:55 AM
    Or go a host a show called BP vs Cake, where you eat the weirdest cakes around...
    BP vs Cake, it could go in the This or That forum:-)
    BIGPADDY and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-22-2014 10:58 AM
    I felt terrible after getting up. Then I went for a run and now I'm feeling quite good. I think I'll get a coffee in the canteen at the lab and then I'm ready and well to fight with the protein purification machine ;-)
    EBIL ..EBIL ....COFFEE
    01-22-2014 11:04 AM
    Only going for the degree because it will last longer than 3 years. :-P
    01-22-2014 11:04 AM
    oh oh same here :P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-22-2014 11:05 AM
    Hooray for WEDNESDAY!
    * sigh* and then comes Thursday :P
    01-22-2014 11:05 AM
    There are some really expensive cars!
    I know right I,.... I have to play multiplayer just to buy more cars
    01-22-2014 11:06 AM
    Morning all
    o.o and you repapered
    01-22-2014 11:06 AM
    oh oh same here :P
    Yeah the Microsoft, Cisco and compTia only last for three years then you got to retake which I don't mind however I would like something that will last a life time that why I'm going for a degree.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-22-2014 11:07 AM
    Late afternoon here, my late snack...
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/22/u8yse5y8

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    that looks like pasta :3

It's just a few days off. Then, I'll be annoying you like crazy. :P
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    Yeah the Microsoft, Cisco and compTia only last for three years then you got to retake which I don't mind however I would like something that will last a life time that why I'm going for a degree.
    I hate that certs only last that long :(
    It's just a few days off. Then, I'll be annoying you like crazy. :P
    * cough* never happens* cough*
    01-22-2014 11:08 AM
    Yes, but you will still need to stay current in your field. A degree without staying up to date isn't worth much. A younger guy with a more recent degree can be brought in for cheaper.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-22-2014 11:08 AM
    I hate that certs only last that long :(
    Yeah it good that it does only last for a short time however would be nice if they last longer.
    01-22-2014 11:09 AM
    "to hump sb. [vulg.] [sl.] [engage in sexual intercourse]"

You have a dedicated day for this? ;-)
    Somehow I knew this was coming...(no pun intended)

I meant going over the 'hump' of the week. The mid point in otherwords. In otherwords, it's smooth sailing from here to the weekend. :P
    OH why :P out of all the people I expected to make a joke out of it ... it was not snowflake who would say it
    01-22-2014 11:09 AM
142,760 ... 993994995996997 ...