WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Don't get me wrong agree with you here. I realise they're incredibly bad for your health, but man KFC's chicken tastes nice. McDonalds etc I can give a miss but KFC is on another level in quality for me. Can you enlighten me why you used not one, not two but 3 BAD's?

Also, I'm in the UK but when I did go to America and went into Wendy's it was the most disgusting square burger I've ever had. Maybe I had a bad experience. Steak and Shake was amazing, though.
Really?? I find KFC to be greasy and ...... mushy. (Sorry for the visual, only word I could find.) I used to love their sides, but find all the veggies to be boiled out of existence and the gravy to be watered down. This isn't just my KFC. I have found it to be at everyone in my travels. It just seems like in the last decade they made a company wide effort to chase me away. Maybe it is the Wiley Coyote tattoo.

Steak and Shake is just the opposite: I used to not like them, now it is great. I live for a good shake there. At Christmas time their peppermint and egg nog shakes... *shivers with joy*

By the way, what is some good UK fast food joints?? Any brands just there and not here that you like?

How about other Fast food/burger joints from our non-US posters? Now I am curious, and a sucker has to know...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Really?? I find KFC to be greasy and ...... mushy. (Sorry for the visual, only word I could find.) I used to love their sides, but find all the veggies to be boiled out of existence and the gravy to be watered down. This isn't just my KFC. I have found it to be at everyone in my travels. It just seems like in the last decade they made a company wide effort to chase me away. Maybe it is the Wiley Coyote tattoo.

Steak and Shake is just the opposite: I used to not like them, now it is great. I live for a good shake there. At Christmas time their peppermint and egg nog shakes... *shivers with joy*

By the way, what is some good UK fast food joints?? Any brands just there and not here that you like?

How about other Fast food/burger joints from our non-US posters? Now I am curious, and a sucker has to know...

KFC for me can be hit and miss when it comes to the chicken itself. The worst KFC I ever had was in Albuquerque (s?) and it was literally dripping. I wouldn't ever go back there if you paid me. I've found the KFC's to be better quality in the UK than my experience in the US. I found is it... Jack in the Box or something like that? That chain was completely "meh".

As far as UK fast food goes ... it's not a fast food chain but there's a restaurant chain here called "Frankie & Benny's" which is based on a fictional New York setting and it's made out to be an Italian/American immigrant success story for Italian cuisine. I found out to my own pain when I went to New York and asked where I could find the original Frankie & Benny's restaurant that the chain didn't even exist over there. Red Face. There's Pizza Hut, Burger King, Wimpy.... the best UK fast food chains are Fish & Chip shops and these don't tend to be 'chains' but individual shops across pretty much all UK cities. They're great.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

My Dad has been over to England a few times (we have distant relatives there) and raves about the Fish & Chips places. I got to visit once while I was in the US Navy- Portsmith. I spent a couple nights in some really fun little pubs trying to learn the right way to shoot the billards game with the huge table and three bumpers on either side. I was embarassingly bad, but the locals found it fun. Wish I would have hit one of those fish & chips places I saw, now.

And if I had a dollar... or Euro... or Pound... for every time I was red faced and dumb looking while in other countries I would have been retired about 10 years ago. If you only have the "Frankie & Benny's" story, you are in much better shape. There are locals in Spain still making fun of mefor all the dumb moments from when I was there, I am sure of it!!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

What do you do?

Official title is BIM Implementation Manager. Im in building services. So my job involves lots of meetings - lots of basic IT - lots of looking at 3d models of building services and lots and lots and lots of sorting out other peoples mistakes. Oh and lots of telling people what they need to do for them to then either ignore my advice completely or do the exact opposite.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Official title is BIM Implementation Manager. Im in building services. So my job involves lots of meetings - lots of basic IT - lots of looking at 3d models of building services and lots and lots and lots of sorting out other peoples mistakes. Oh and lots of telling people what they need to do for them to then either ignore my advice completely or do the exact opposite.

..Sounds fun haha, working with people makes you hate people haha

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

..Sounds fun haha, working with people makes you hate people haha

Yeah - ive built up to this position over nearly 20 years and it amazes me how people have gotten more idiotic the better the tech and software gets.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Yeah - ive built up to this position over nearly 20 years and it amazes me how people have gotten more idiotic the better the tech and software gets.

I know what you mean lol I've just started my career in IT and just finished an apprenticeship and I already facepalm at least 30 times a day lol

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I know what you mean lol I've just started my career in IT and just finished an apprenticeship and I already facepalm at least 30 times a day lol

Yeah IT always gives me the biggest facepalms - I build my own machines for work because I know what hardware plays nicest with the software - my builds are always at least ?1000 cheaper than a similar offering from Dell or HP and they never have problems. So I sell my setups at an initial meeting then get a call a month later when the company have bought 20 Dell machines with worse specs than I recommended asking me to set up the system because they keep getting blue screens due to conflicts. That one is always a double hand facepalm into holding head in hands move

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA..... if you are ever in the little city of Danville IL, stop by. I will buy you a drink. Nothing but respect.

Reminds me of when I was an intern during college summer holidays. Looking back, no doubt I was bugging out my supervisors with questions and incompetence

Snowmutt, if I'm ever in the area (I'm NYC based) I will take you up on that offer.
Gedzum, incompetence is ok, but I get that 10% of the time. What I get is mostly talking, little hearing and zero listening. Most of these teens are 15-17. It's a charter school for kids who are not too far from slipping through the cracks, so of course they like to hear themselves talk more than listen to you. The funny part is that even though I expect it, since I've been working with youth for a few years, this group is just in their own way than usual. They need a lot of work and ever day it's a wrestling match. The joke among my coworkers is that we need to do a reality TV show called "16 &$%&#"*! Loud" with these youth. And it is mostly girls. Sighs.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Yeah IT always gives me the biggest facepalms - I build my own machines for work because I know what hardware plays nicest with the software - my builds are always at least ?1000 cheaper than a similar offering from Dell or HP and they never have problems. So I sell my setups at an initial meeting then get a call a month later when the company have bought 20 Dell machines with worse specs than I recommended asking me to set up the system because they keep getting blue screens due to conflicts. That one is always a double hand facepalm into holding head in hands move

Has to be the best, asks for advice, doesn't listen, it doesn't work, so they ask for you to fix it :grin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss