WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well I got an early start - my dad got me into the industry and had me doing some of his work when I was still at school at 15 - Taught myself to use AutoCAD in the 6 week school holiday. Yeah still use AutoCAD a bit but my job has me using quite a few of the Autodesk packages, am constantly switching between Revit, Fabrication, Navisworks, 3DStudioMax and plain old vanilla AutoCAD. Cant wait for them to pull their finger out and convert their ipad apps to run on RT - have got a couple of app ideas that would work brilliantly sideloaded alongside what they have on ipad

I noticed that Autodesk brought out a recent app for Windows 8. I would like to see their other products on WP8 as well not only RT.

In my industry we're slowly moving away from AutoCAD and Microstation (if you've never used Microstation be happy) and going to more of BIM style of system. We use a tool called SmartPlant by Intergraph. It's a neat package but it's still got a way to go in some things. I still use both AutoCAD and Microstation though. I've used AutoCAD since version 12 but I never did much 3D with it. It never used to be the thing for 3D but it's gotten better.

As for programming it's something on my to do list. There's too much going on at the moment and I work a 9 hour day plus travel so I'm about 10+hrs away. I'll hopefully get there next year when things settle down some.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Woah deffo broken haha guess I was lucky with mine

it was working well last night but the green camera screen just happened this morning. and yea I was gonna exchange it anyway cuz pressing the up voluming made a click that was driving my ocd self crazy

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

it was working well last night but the green camera screen just happened this morning. and yea I was gonna exchange it anyway cuz pressing the up voluming made a click that was driving my ocd self crazy

Yeah that's not normal ..that would annoy me too

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

nowadays I can't stand the manga anymore its gotten really stupid and the people are like just trying to make it as epic as can be and its really dumb

I kind of agree but I have just been reading if for so long

The last like 5 have been EPIC

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I noticed that Autodesk brought out a recent app for Windows 8. I would like to see their other products on WP8 as well not only RT.

In my industry we're slowly moving away from AutoCAD and Microstation (if you've never used Microstation be happy) and going to more of BIM style of system. We use a tool called SmartPlant by Intergraph. It's a neat package but it's still got a way to go in some things. I still use both AutoCAD and Microstation though. I've used AutoCAD since version 12 but I never did much 3D with it. It never used to be the thing for 3D but it's gotten better.

As for programming it's something on my to do list. There's too much going on at the moment and I work a 9 hour day plus travel so I'm about 10+hrs away. I'll hopefully get there next year when things settle down some.
That app is for animators I think.
Yes have heard of microstation always stayed away from it though thankfully, Have had to convert some drawings from it though and it was a pain in the behind. Not heard of Smartplant but I do know Autodesk do some neat packages for industrial plant. Only trouble is with Autodesk is the license costs. Think I started on Acad 10 or 11 before the icons came in and all the commands were in a sidebar. Yeah I hear you on the long days im currently doing 12 hour days with an hour travel each way to make it 14 but my project is about to end so its all hands to get it done on schedule. Hopefully next month I can get back down to a more normal 10 hour day and leave an hour a night for some studying

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

So good to finally be home. Can out a pair of shorts on and just chill, eating dinner while watching man vs food

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

So good to finally be home. Can out a pair of shorts on and just chill, eating dinner while watching man vs food

I love me some man vs food. Man makes me tempted to try those challenges. Just get so pumped watching him

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb