WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm amazed I tell you! Amazed! I wen to both BBC and The Guardian and didn't see one news story on the new Royal Br.. Baby in the headlines! I was waiting for the latest breaking news story about the first bowel movement...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm amazed I tell you! Amazed! I wen to both BBC and The Guardian and didn't see one news story on the new Royal Br.. Baby in the headlines! I was waiting for the latest breaking news story about the first bowel movement...

Theres a royal baby??? Oh yeah that's right the only news I read or watch is tech stuff. Unless of course the royal baby was a robot with a 5" amoled face I wouldn't know about it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Theres a royal baby??? Oh yeah that's right the only news I read or watch is tech stuff. Unless of course the royal baby was a robot with a 5" amoled face I wouldn't know about it.

I wish my life was like that sometimes...

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

No doubt Apple has a patent for that

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I wish my life was like that sometimes...

Yeah, Its quite nice to block out all the misery and hatred that goes on in the world and filter out all the rubbish TV. Conversations with non techies get pretty boring pretty quickly though.
"did you hear about the.." "No."
"did you see that guy from..." "No"
"did you watch the..." "No. Did you hear nokia could be making a phablet with a 41 megapixel camera"
"No"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, Its quite nice to block out all the misery and hatred that goes on in the world and filter out all the rubbish TV. Conversations with non techies get pretty boring pretty quickly though.
"did you hear about the.." "No."
"did you see that guy from..." "No"
"did you watch the..." "No. Did you hear nokia could be making a phablet with a 41 megapixel camera"
"No"

Most TV is rubbish. The only TV I like is some stand-up comedy and the documentaries. I have issues with most movies these days as well. I don't know what's happened to me but I tend to get bored rather easily with the media these days.

I've read a couple of good books lately but they were non-fiction.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Most TV is rubbish. The only TV I like is some stand-up comedy and the documentaries. I have issues with most movies these days as well. I don't know what's happened to me but I tend to get bored rather easily with the media these days.

Indeed. If it's not sports (which I'm actually watching a bit less of now) or medical stuff or nature documentaries or BBQ Pitmasters, then my TV is off. These days I skim my news online, including tech stuff.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Think the only things I watch anymore on a regular basis is Man vs Food, Diners, Drive ins and Dives and the Big Bang Theory. Cant remember the last time I watched any soap or caught the news. Working my way through the Game of Thrones series of books at a bit of a snails pace as the main book in my bag is a massive tome on learning C#

Currently waiting for the NFL season to start. Go BIG BLUE!!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Think the only things I watch anymore on a regular basis is Man vs Food, Diners, Drive ins and Dives and the Big Bang Theory. Cant remember the last time I watched any soap or caught the news. Working my way through the Game of Thrones series of books at a bit of a snails pace as the main book in my bag is a massive tome on learning C#

Currently waiting for the NFL season to start. Go BIG BLUE!!!

Game of Thorns doesn't interest me much. I read a few dark fantasy books in the past and they start to lose their appeal after awhile. Normally the authors can't seem to let the damn thing go.

As for sports, well I'm not a sports fan at all. I can appreciate the skills but could care less.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting a little jaded with sports because of the rash of PEDs, especially in MLB. Still, nothing beats a sporting event in NYC (I know I'm biased, but hey)...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Okay, it's time.

I went to.. the ... Dancing Duck Brewery!

2013_07_25_10_03_02_ProShot.jpg

Or rather, I was opposite it while my car had some maintenance done. Hah!

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Game of Thorns doesn't interest me much. I read a few dark fantasy books in the past and they start to lose their appeal after awhile. Normally the authors can't seem to let the damn thing go.

As for sports, well I'm not a sports fan at all. I can appreciate the skills but could care less.

I love Game of Throne :) Prefer Temeraire though

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting a little jaded with sports because of the rash of PEDs, especially in MLB. Still, nothing beats a sporting event in NYC (I know I'm biased, but hey)...

Hoping to get tickets for the superbowl next year - Its got to be a Giants vs Broncos final - They had brother vs brother coaches this year got to have brother vs brother QB's next year especially as its at the MetLife.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I love Game of Throne :) Prefer Temeraire though

Well I watched season 1 and half of 2 before I had to move and decided not to renew my sky tv - bit bummed I was missing out so got the whole series of books for Christmas.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Well I watched season 1 and half of 2 before I had to move and decided not to renew my sky tv - bit bummed I was missing out so got the whole series of books for Christmas.

You sir have just hit a 1000 posts :)

Yeah the books are great :p

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo