WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Do I get like an XBL Achievement or something?

Nothing?

Seriously?

Not even 5 achievement score?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

What kind of beer did you have?

Gouden Carolus Kuvee Van de Keizer Blauw
Brewery: Brouwerij Het Anker
Style: Belgian Strong Dark AleMechelen - Belgium
My Rating: 3

The beer pours a dark brown color with slightly ruby highlights. The beer is capped with a creamy foam that left lacing down the glass. Dark fruit, raisins, dates and the like, mix with boozy esters in the nose. Layers of aroma waft into the nose. A significant body to this brew, and lots of character. The dark fruit is overlain with dark roasted malts. Sweet but not quite syrupy. The alcohol peppered the profile and provided ample warmth. 11% abv.

Abita Satsuma Harvest Wit (BTL)
Brewery: Abita Brewing Co.
Style: Belgian WitAbita Springs, LA - United States

This beer pours a cloudy lemon-yellow with a thick white head. It smells of orange peel, wheat, and a touch of white pepper. The taste is similar to the aroma, with a floral dryness dominating the finish. Refreshing and very drinkable. 5.1% abv.

Sapporo Draft
Brewery: Sapporo Breweries
Style: Pale LagerTokyo - Japan

Good malt and some hop character; very light in body and light in alcohol content; golden in color.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Gouden Carolus Kuvee Van de Keizer Blauw
Brewery: Brouwerij Het Anker
Style: Belgian Strong Dark AleMechelen - Belgium

The beer pours a dark brown color with slightly ruby highlights. The beer is capped with a creamy foam that left lacing down the glass. Dark fruit, raisins, dates and the like, mix with boozy esters in the nose. Layers of aroma waft into the nose. A significant body to this brew, and lots of character. The dark fruit is overlain with dark roasted malts. Sweet but not quite syrupy. The alcohol peppered the profile and provided ample warmth. 11% abv.

Abita Satsuma Harvest Wit (BTL)
Brewery: Abita Brewing Co.
Style: Belgian WitAbita Springs, LA - United States

This beer pours a cloudy lemon-yellow with a thick white head. It smells of orange peel, wheat, and a touch of white pepper. The taste is similar to the aroma, with a floral dryness dominating the finish. Refreshing and very drinkable. 5.1% abv.

Sapporo Draft
Brewery: Sapporo Breweries
Style: Pale LagerTokyo - Japan

Good malt and some hop character; very light in body and light in alcohol content; golden in color.

Wow good descriptions on beer - Anyone would think you had an app that covered the same thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You sir have far too much time on your hands - appreciate the gesture though.

Office certificates and fill in blanks. Doesn't take long. :) As for time though, the project is sort of slow atm. It doesn't ramp up until next year.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Wow good descriptions on beer - Anyone would think you had an app that covered the same thing.

I do :grin:

But it's only for members at by local bar :/ Although I suppose anyone could download it, set up a non-member card, and see what beers are available at a paticular location.

wp_ss_20130725_0001.jpg

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

And that's todays shameless plug people :grin:

:grincry:

Why would you rate a beer when there only one that truly great 5 stars CARLING!

I give most beers I like 3 stars... There are a few 4 star beers, but I have yet to give a beer 5 stars... Not sure what it will take, but when I find it, I will know and life will be complete.

I'm not sure that I've had the pleasure of trying Carling... They don't seem to have it at the Saucer :(

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Wish I had a product or service to plug.... sigh :eck:

When I was in high school, my dad had bought this Disney animation program where you could, well, make cartoons... anyhow, I made a stupid commercial for a yellow, cream filled sponge cake, "Hostage Kinkies"...

Anyhow, a year or 2 later, my photography class had an assignment where we had to make a commercial and enter it in a competition... I submitted my Kinkies commercial, and low and behold, it took the Best in State award! Not sure if it was that good or the competition was that bad though :/

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

:grincry:

I give most beers I like 3 stars... There are a few 4 star beers, but I have yet to give a beer 5 stars... Not sure what it will take, but when I find it, I will know and life will be complete.

I'm not sure that I've had the pleasure of trying Carling... They don't seem to have it at the Saucer :(

Get that British beer down your neck, there will be some place that will sell carling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12