WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Also mucous membranes are dryer in winter, making it easier for pathogens to enter the body.

I don't know if this is translated right...

I like peanut butter cake!

Half of that post its too early for - its never too early for peanut butter cake.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If coffee and tea does it for you in the morning then go for it - I'm (maybe quite oddly) not a fan of hot drinks.

I never used to be into hot drinks either. Strangely enough it wasn't until I moved to Australia that I acquired a taste for coffee and tea. I'm pretty snobby about the coffee. If you're going to drink something it might as well be good.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nothing worse than getting up early on your day off. Damn construction workers!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My English skills don't yet reach out far enough to distinguish pie and cake effortlessly. The distinction is different than in the German language (I think I get it now, after some research on Wikipedia ;-) )

We have "Kuchen", which is more bread-like, and "Torte", which involves a lot of cream (at least that's my understanding of it, I'm no pastry chef).

In this case I think I was referring correctly to cake, a friend made it for me because she was so shocked when I told her I've never tasted peanut butter in my life, even though I've spent some months in the USA.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Spartan Assault - Just realised on my way in this morning that the majority of loadouts that would cost me money are free because of my achievements in Halo 4. Woohoo for small victories.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My English skills don't yet reach out far enough to distinguish pie and cake effortlessly. The distinction is different than in the German language (I think I get it now, after some research on Wikipedia ;-) )

We have "Kuchen", which is more bread-like, and "Torte", which involves a lot of cream (at least that's my understanding of it, I'm no pastry chef).

In this case I think I was referring correctly to cake, a friend made it for me because she was so shocked when I told her I've never tasted peanut butter in my life, even though I've spent some months in the USA.

A quick reply for you.

A pie is anything with a pastry crust, typically on the bottom but sometimes on top or both. There are both sweet pies and savory pies.

A cake is typically flour based. Not always though. So the best way to think of a cake is that it doesn't have a pastry crust. A cheesecake has a crumble base, not a pastry so to tell the difference. Cakes as far as I know are always sweet.

Hope that helps.

BergerKing

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Mornin' folks, Laura invited some of us over, and I figured I'd at least step in and visit a bit. Before I fall asleep, that is...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte