WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

A quick reply for you.

A pie is anything with a pastry crust, typically on the bottom but sometimes on top or both. There are both sweet pies and savory pies.

A cake is typically flour based. Not always though. So the best way to think of a cake is that it doesn't have a pastry crust. A cheesecake has a crumble base, not a pastry so to tell the difference. Cakes as far as I know are always sweet.

Hope that helps.

Aaah, now I get the concept of pake.

A pie filled with cake. What a wonderful, wonderful idea. Can't innovate my ***, Apple!

Edit: Why does the forum change this word into stars? What if I want to write something about donkeys?

bamf-hacker

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Sup all. Nice to see WP on board with the post challenge.

1000 will come quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've been craving ice cream for a week.

I've eaten ice cream in the last two weeks for at least four days worth of calories. Good thing I go for runs regularly, or I would roll to work...

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Baby steps, baby steps...

But isn't the pie the thing that has a filling? I would use cake as the filling. Maybe that would be a Cakie...

Makes sense too. Now I'm hungry.

Pake means pie in cake. How it works is people take full made pies (usually store bought) and the put them in a cake mix and then bake them. So you get chocolate cake with cherry pie in the center as an example.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just to throw in a little confusion to the mix - pizza is also sometimes known as pie.

LOL! Yeah I heard that a lot in North America, I think (could be wrong) that in Italy they refer to it as pie as well. The 'pie' in North America tends to be used more with deep dish pizza rather than the usual flat version.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed a lot of negative threads in Windows Phone 8 forum lately. Rather depressing.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed a lot of negative threads in Windows Phone 8 forum lately. Rather depressing.

Well I guess forums exist to have a moan - you're not likely to visit if you don't have any problems - so taking that into consideration I would say probably 70% of threads would be negative. 25% informative 5% mindless drivel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett