WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nice! Looks very... special.

I just realized there is a German expression for Pie, it's called W?he

This word is used mostly in Switzerland, that makes it strange that I didn't think of it earlier. Or not, I usually look for words in the "Written German" in my mind and not in my very special dialect.

I've noticed a lot of negative threads in Windows Phone 8 forum lately. Rather depressing.

That's true, for a long time I felt as one of the most critical users around here, but recently I'm just average... Where have all the enthusiasts defending the platform gone?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm not seeing any real negative forum posts on the Windows Phone 8 page.

Oh, well if there is any negativity, i don't really mind. A forum can't be all happy and magical. :)

And how would W?he be pronounced? :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

And how would W?he be pronounced? :)

In German it would sound strange anyway, in my dialect it would be pronounced like: "Why" and the article "a" (like in "a pie") put together: "Why-a".

In German you would pronounce the y much less, and emphasize the h of W?he.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Four MILES!

I used to run a little bit over 7 miles 4 times a week, but my joints don't take it anymore :(

Reduced to 3 times a week a few days ago, and my legs already feel better. But I incorporate as much walking into my daily routine as possible. Probably I'll start to swim once a week to compensate, or my ice cream consumption will make me fat in no time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I used to run a little bit over 7 miles 4 times a week, but my joints don't take it anymore :(

Reduced to 3 times a week a few days ago, and my legs already feel better. But I incorporate as much walking into my daily routine as possible. Probably I'll start to swim once a week to compensate, or my ice cream consumption will make me fat in no time.

I always preferred bike riding myself, though I don't do that much anymore. As you get older running gets harder on the body. There is a guy at my work who runs marathons frequently. He even went to South Africa to run this mega marathon there. I think it was 50 miles, took him 12 hours.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I always preferred bike riding myself, though I don't do that much anymore. As you get older running gets harder on the body. There is a guy at my work who runs marathons frequently. He even went to South Africa to run this mega marathon there. I think it was 50 miles, took him 12 hours.

this reminded me of a show I saw with a guy who was addicted to running marathons. He'd run all the time, including ultra marathons. He was married once, the wife left him due to the running, and his girlfriend he was seeing during the episode left him as well...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

this reminded me of a show I saw with a guy who was addicted to running marathons. He'd run all the time, including ultra marathons. He was married once, the wife left him due to the running, and his girlfriend he was seeing during the episode left him as well...

Thankfully the guy I'm mentioning isn't that obsessed!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Random... But yeah, I can now stream at 720p, hardware wise. I could probably even stream at 1080p... Problem is... my internet sucks and can only comfortably handle 360p... So yeah...

That similar to my speed with all the devices in my house sucking it all in, to many mobiles, laptops etc connected to the wireless.

However we been offered a free upgrade to fibre optic! :excited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nice. I used to own a dell until the motherboard gave out and I just got a barebone kit and did it myself. Best decision I ever made. I'm still running XP and it is smooth. I bought the Windows 8 upgrade for $40 during the MSFT offer and when I get around to tricking my PC out (blu ray player + burner, affordable touch screen monitor), then I will make the plunge. Otherwise, it runs great. Funny enough, the dell monitor has lasted a lot longer than threat of the PC...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Nice. I used to own a dell until the motherboard gave out and I just got a barebone kit and did it myself. Best decision I ever made. I'm still running XP and it is smooth. I bought the Windows 8 upgrade for $40 during the MSFT offer and when I get around to tricking my PC out (blu ray player + burner, affordable touch screen monitor), then I will make the plunge. Otherwise, it runs great. Funny enough, the dell monitor has lasted a lot longer than threat of the PC...

Nice. I just need a touch-screen, but apparently they're not worth the money right now (very low PPI rates, a 19" touch-screen for ?400 will have something like 72PPI, if I want one that'll have a 1440x900 resolution akin to my desktop monitor at 19", I'm looking at about ?2'000 I think!). So yeah, just keeping my monitors as non-touch for now. I plan to get twin 16:9 monitors though, as opposed to one 4:3 and the other 16:10...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Nice. I just need a touch-screen, but apparently they're not worth the money right now (very low PPI rates, a 19" touch-screen for ?400 will have something like 72PPI, if I want one that'll have a 1440x900 resolution akin to my desktop monitor at 19", I'm looking at about ?2'000 I think!). So yeah, just keeping my monitors as non-touch for now. I plan to get twin 16:9 monitors though, as opposed to one 4:3 and the other 16:10...

Should go with one of these Daniel - just picked one up myself.

Acer T232HL LED IPS 23" IPS Touch screen HDMI.. | Ebuyer.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo