WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I haven't had a soft serve in years. When I was younger it was the best thing. Now I'm a bit more snobby about it. Partly due to the fact I can't have it that often.

I do not like junk food generally. Candy bars (maybe the rare Payday), cakes (frosting is to sweet), chocolate (again, to sweet), most other sweets are just not my thing.

Ice Cream????? Geez, I would just roll over and die a slow, painful death without it. I remember the first time I found out DQ's shut down operation during the winter after moving to Illinois from being down south all my life. I threw a month long hissy fit every time we drove by. My wife asked repeatedly "who wants ice cream when it is 3 degrees out??"

ME!!!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I do not like junk food generally. Candy bars (maybe the rare Payday), cakes (frosting is to sweet), chocolate (again, to sweet), most other sweets are just not my thing.

Ice Cream????? Geez, I would just roll over and die a slow, painful death without it. I remember the first time I found out DQ's shut down operation during the winter after moving to Illinois from being down south all my life. I threw a month long hissy fit every time we drove by. My wife asked repeatedly "who wants ice cream when it is 3 degrees out??"

ME!!!!

Oh I love ice cream when I can have it. I'm not a fan of candy bars these days as I feel they chocolate just isn't up to scratch, way too sweet. Being a bit older my tastes are a lot more mature and I'm more into making my own cakes and so on. That way I can control the sugar content and so on. I'm more for quality sweets than anything else. I sound so snobby sometimes... gee.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

As for the Microsoft in the tablet world conversation, MS did not handle this well. But, what they put out were good products. Maybe over priced which took them out of the competition (Windows 8 Tablets) or just packaged and promoted wrong (Windows RT). But the systems and the products themselves were good. That is why I am not that worried for their future. When your products are good and you have enough money to make mistakes and recover, you will be fine, MS will be fine.

So long as they realize they are still behind and react with a sense of urgency. That "urgency" part does not mean "rushed". Just react. Please.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Oh I love ice cream when I can have it. I'm not a fan of candy bars these days as I feel they chocolate just isn't up to scratch, way too sweet. Being a bit older my tastes are a lot more mature and I'm more into making my own cakes and so on. That way I can control the sugar content and so on. I'm more for quality sweets than anything else. I sound so snobby sometimes... gee.

Somethings are worth being snobby about.

Get that nose in the air, N_LaRUE. Be snob-like. I've got your back.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Somethings are worth being snobby about.

Get that nose in the air, N_LaRUE. Be snob-like. I've got your back.

Yeah that's me. Coffee, tea, sweets, jams and ice cream. All of them I'm a bit on the snob side of.

I unfortunately have a Costa coffee, subsidized at my work. I really don't like Costa or even Starbucks, which is the only other choice aside from instant... (shudders) The coffee is cheap enough that I deal with it but every time I have it I feel less and less satisfied.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As for the Microsoft in the tablet world conversation, MS did not handle this well. But, what they put out were good products. Maybe over priced which took them out of the competition (Windows 8 Tablets) or just packaged and promoted wrong (Windows RT). But the systems and the products themselves were good. That is why I am not that worried for their future. When your products are good and you have enough money to make mistakes and recover, you will be fine, MS will be fine.

So long as they realize they are still behind and react with a sense of urgency. That "urgency" part does not mean "rushed". Just react. Please.

I would say the same about the mobile phone thing too. Even though many people say apps are not important, to a lot of people they are.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's me. Coffee, tea, sweets, jams and ice cream. All of them I'm a bit on the snob side of.

I unfortunately have a Costa coffee, subsidized at my work. I really don't like Costa or even Starbucks, which is the only other choice aside from instant... (shudders) The coffee is cheap enough that I deal with it but every time I have it I feel less and less satisfied.

I almost completely stopped drinking coffee after they replaced the machines at my office, making it more expensive but leaving the quality as bad.

Now I drink one small cup at home in the morning and that's it.

Don't know about the coffee situation at the new place yet.

God it is hot in the tram I am in right now, it is one of the old models without A/C.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

I really want a 1020, everytime I look through the Pictures thread I get jealous.. The 925 takes nice pictures but there is just no detail to them

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

They have a little Lumia event at my train station. I won't participate, but there's quite a queue.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I liked the Lumia look on my Lumia 800, but the 920 is just not my taste. Maybe it is due to the glossy finish, the screen that is placed too high or just the enormous size, I don't like it. I am really wondering how I'll feel about the 1020 when I see it in a store.

I'm impressed by the camera but I still prefer a real camera for travelling.

So I will certainly not buy a 1020, but 'd like to see a 1025! (The 925 is beautiful)

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

I liked the Lumia look on my Lumia 800, but the 920 is just not my taste. Maybe it is due to the glossy finish, the screen that is placed too high or just the enormous size, I don't like it. I am really wondering how I'll like the 1020.

I'm impressed by the camera but I still prefer a real camera for travelling.

So I will certainly not buy a 1020, but 'd like to see a 1025! (The 925 is beautiful)

This is true, they might release a newer nicer version of the 1020 and I'm think I should really wait until then

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't get the waiting thing - if you want something get it and live with the choice - otherwise you will never have anything you want.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the waiting thing - if you want something get it and live with the choice - otherwise you will never have anything you want.

If you don't need it now you should just wait. At least you will save a lot of money...

For a while I just bought everything I wanted all the time, what a waste. Now I wait until it really feels right and then I am happy with my decision.

Unless something brakes and I have to replace it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05