WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm the opposite I didn't enjoy the film and the only thing I like about it was Morgan Freemon I love that guy!

Morgan Freeman. Anthony Hopkins. Gene Hackman. Samual L. Jackson. Denzel Washington.

Movies are better just for having those 5 in the credits. Amazing actors.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I love me some fantasy football, but I have a rule:

Never start players that are playing your favorite team. I say fandom before fantasy. Most of my buddies think I am worthless and weak for such a silly rule that has cost me massive points as opposing players run up points on my Bucs but they are on my bench.

What say you, oh WP Fantasy Footballers?

So, you saying I should just grab the systems top pic for each player pic? We pick our teams tomorrow evening.... Just looking for pointers.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morgan Freeman. Anthony Hopkins. Gene Hackman. Samual L. Jackson. Denzel Washington.

Movies are better just for having those 5 in the credits. Amazing actors.

Good thing Samuel L. Jackson was in Django Unchained, or else I'd had written about him what I think about Christoph Waltz. Christoph Waltz is amazing in a lot of movies, but he's just Christoph Waltz playing himself. I feel somehow similar about Samuel L. Jackson. Are there other roles he wasn't just an incredibly cool bad-***?

Denzel Washington is actually a good actor and I like him. He was great (but not likable) in Training day, but if I look at his more recent movies, most of them are either okay or even terrible.

I'm not religious, but I have nothing against some religious symbolism in movies, as long as it's done right. However, The Book of Eli was just the biggest religious propaganda crap I have ever seen, and I don't understand it, as the movie is very, very violent. Well, the crusades were incredibly violent too, so maybe it's okay.

Safe House, Unstoppable, The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, Inside Man, Man on Fire... enjoyable but as Jeremy Jahns would say, forgotten after T -3 minutes. Yeah, already forgotten.

I completely agree with the other guys though. Anthony Hopkins was on Craig Ferguson's show recently, he's such a nice and funny guy. My brain really had troubles to adjust, I always see a homicidal psychopath when I see him ;-)

So what's else to say. I would also count Robert De Niro in this category. I really like his acting.

I like also Bruce Willis very much, you just have to forget about every second movie he was in. The first Die Hard, 12 Monkeys, The Sixth Sense, when he is in great movies he is great. I think the same about Leonardo Di Caprio. He's so good in The Departed and Blood Diamond. I would write about Forest Whitaker and The Last King of Scotland or Ghost Dog, but he was in Battlefield Earth and as long as this movie doesn't get officially get erased from this world and my memory... I think I should stop now! ;-)

Just as a note, yes, I love movies. And maybe we should do something similar for women, I also know great actresses :)

I never understood fantasy football or anything fantasy sports XD im out of the loop
cool.png

I don't even know what this is. Reminds me of these people happily reenacting the middle ages but forgetting all about starvation, the plague, no justice in law, no medicine or all the feces just thrown onto the streets. (Don't get me wrong, drinking mead and barbecuing big junks of meat can be fun ;-) )

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

I watched "Sharktopus." Best half shark half octopus movie I've ever seen. Of course, its the only one I've seen so I really have no frame of reference. So, there could be other ones that are great, who knows.

As far as I know there aren't any. So if you've seen one (live or on tv....) chime in!

Apparently, they hang out in Puerto Vallarta. At least according to the movie.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

It was my birthday on the 27th, and I took this picture with my 8X. Thought I'd share it randomly here hahahahaha. Pretty cool no?!

WP_20130727_012.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I will not watch Django unchained because Jamie Foxx is the most "anti-racist", racist I can can think of.

I've heard this argument before. I understand your position.

There are movies I would never watch as a matter of principle, for example everything directed by Roman Polanski.

Personally I didn't have an issue with Django Unchained (well, there are some scenes with unnecessary violence, people who love this movie tend to forget about those, when I bring them up many say they just didn't think about them anymore). I think I wasn't bothered by what you are saying, because Switzerland has no history of slavery. (Don't get me wrong, there's racism in Switzerland and a lot of it, it has just a different face.)

Actually, I only brought the movie up, because Samuel L. Jackson plays an entirely different role to what he does usually.

It was my birthday on the 27th, and I took this picture with my 8X. Thought I'd share it randomly here hahahahaha. Pretty cool no?!

Amazing!

Owen Groundhog

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

while listening to a liliputter singin awesome rock, i decided to to contribute to this post i read about this morning..
not that hard to make 1000posts right? ;D

ps. today i feel happy, thought share it with you guys :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

and id thought i share this vid with u guys xD
used to make my day ( and it still does )

Cars with an manual gear change are so common in Europe, that when I had to use my brothers automatic car a few days ago, I slammed on the brakes because I wanted to couple. His wife didn't enjoy that, didn't enjoy that at all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Cars with an manual gear change are so common in Europe, that when I had to use my brothers automatic car a few days ago, I slammed on the brakes because I wanted to couple. His wife didn't enjoy that, didn't enjoy that at all.

I personally don't get the over fascination with manual cars in Europe. I know they're cheaper but there's so much traffic in cities these days, how enjoyable can it be changing gears all the time? I was in traffic yesterday, yeah on a Saturday, took me over one hour what would normally be a 35min drive. Anyway, that whole time was start and stop traffic. I drive an automatic. No issues with it. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lots of talk about movies on here. I feel sort of left out as I don't want many. I've sort of lost my taste for them.

Maybe someone could recommend some? I can try some of the ones already mentioned to start.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll just post some food now. People seem to like food on here.

My version of Eggs Benedict - Salmon, spinach, hollandaise sauce with a touch of pepper and dill sitting on a toasted panini.

eggsbenedict.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I personally don't get the over fascination with manual cars in Europe. I know they're cheaper but there's so much traffic in cities these days, how enjoyable can it be changing gears all the time? I was in traffic yesterday, yeah on a Saturday, took me over one hour what would normally be a 35min drive. Anyway, that whole time was start and stop traffic. I drive an automatic. No issues with it. :)

I don't know really, personally I like the feeling of shifting the gears manually, but I'm absolutely fine with an automatic. It seems nowadays I just need to get used to it when I use it ;-) I don't really think it's about the price, maybe we just buy cars with manual gears because this is what we always did...

Lots of talk about movies on here. I feel sort of left out as I don't want many. I've sort of lost my taste for them.

Maybe someone could recommend some? I can try some of the ones already mentioned to start.

What kinds of movies do you enjoy?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I really feel like going for a walk in the forest. There will be thunderstorms later today and tomorrow I'll be captured again in my laboratory with constant 22 ?C and the blinds down because of the heat outside. But to do this I'll need some good music. I like my music enjoyable, not to artsy, but also not too main stream (like Justin Bieber I mean).

Music I enjoyed the last few days: Woodkid, The Heavy, Depeche Mode, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Naked And Famous.

Any suggestions?

I love Spotify...(at least on my computer, it runs smooth and has all the features)

I'm going for Cage The Elephant. Found it on Spotify and sounds good so far.

Still taking suggestions though :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I really feel like going for a walk in the forest. There will be thunderstorms later today and tomorrow I'll be captured again in my laboratory with constant 22 ?C and the blinds down because of the heat outside. But to do this I'll need some good music. I like my music enjoyable, not to artsy, but also not too main stream (like Justin Bieber I mean).

Music I enjoyed the last few days: Woodkid, The Heavy, Depeche Mode, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Naked And Famous.

Any suggestions?

I love Spotify...(at least on my computer, it runs smooth and has all the features)

I'm going for Cage The Elephant. Found it on Spotify and sounds good so far.

Still taking suggestions though :)

Funny, I've been listening to Depeche Mode lately and David Bowie.

Not sure what's on Spotify but if you want something a bit heavy and different, there's Tool and Nine Inch Nails. There's also A Perfect Circle, though I would recommend being a bit open minded to lyrics on that one. Would also mention that the lyrics from all of them have explicit lyrics.

For some Canadian music, try The Tea Party or Our Lady Peace.

Australian you can try Powder Finger and Midnight Oil.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo