WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This looks tasty!

Thanks! :) It's a breakfast we have occasionally, it's a touch fattening. We've gone back to using what people refer to English Muffins, though here in the UK we just call them muffins. In Australia we used to use what we called Turkish bread. It's basically a puffy flat bread, like a pide.

Owen Groundhog

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I personally don't get the over fascination with manual cars in Europe. I know they're cheaper but there's so much traffic in cities these days, how enjoyable can it be changing gears all the time? I was in traffic yesterday, yeah on a Saturday, took me over one hour what would normally be a 35min drive. Anyway, that whole time was start and stop traffic. I drive an automatic. No issues with it. :)

man, changing gearsb is somethibg you need to learn, but when u master it..whoa its just u in control of the machine.
i love it :3 - buts thats just my opinion ;)

Sent from my XT910 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Owen Groundhog

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Cars with an manual gear change are so common in Europe, that when I had to use my brothers automatic car a few days ago, I slammed on the brakes because I wanted to couple. His wife didn't enjoy that, didn't enjoy that at all.

whahah xD i once was sitting next to me uncle, he. drives an old mercedes (automatic) he had to hit 120km/h to shift to 4th gear xD and then back to 80km;h xD

Sent from my XT910 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have brought some pictures (taken with my 8X) from my stroll. Behind the town, if it was really clear, you could see the mountains to the south. On the second picture, on the small hill to the right there's an old castle (well, they pimped it with some fancy towers a hundred years ago or so, but the base is a real castle from the Middle Ages).

In a week I'll move to another city, I am already missing these woods almost at my doorstep.

Attachments

• WP_20130728_002.jpg
    WP_20130728_002.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 6
  • WP_20130728_005.jpg
    WP_20130728_005.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Funny, I've been listening to Depeche Mode lately and David Bowie.

Not sure what's on Spotify but if you want something a bit heavy and different, there's Tool and Nine Inch Nails. There's also A Perfect Circle, though I would recommend being a bit open minded to lyrics on that one. Would also mention that the lyrics from all of them have explicit lyrics.

For some Canadian music, try The Tea Party or Our Lady Peace.

Australian you can try Powder Finger and Midnight Oil.

All of these artists are available on Spotify with multiple albums. This will keep me occupied for a while, thanks!

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site

On a completely unrelated topic, I was trying out the quick prints feature on the Walgreens app this morning, and I'm pretty disappointed that you can only order multiple prints of the entire selection, not individual prints. I REALLY wanted that feature to work well. Left feedback.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm tired. I don't have a 1020. I just spent over an hour replying to a topic. I'm tired.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm tired. I don't have a 1020. I just spent over an hour replying to a topic. I'm tired.

I'm tired after taking a look at all the part I choice (online mainly from amazon haven't brought anything yet) for the PC build and forgotten a few key part such as a power supply and case. :p

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm tired after taking a look at all the part I choice (online mainly from amazon haven't brought anything yet) for the PC build and forgotten a few key part such as a power supply and case. :p

Oh so just the smallest, most insignificant parts then :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'll just post some food now. People seem to like food on here.

My version of Eggs Benedict - Salmon, spinach, hollandaise sauce with a touch of pepper and dill sitting on a toasted panini.

View attachment 38455

I won't tell you what I've cooked for dinner, as it didn't look nearly as great as this.

But what I can tell you is, that it was very good and very healthy involving a lot of fresh vegetables and some r?sti (I bought it oven-ready, preparing some fresh r?sti is hard work and takes forever).

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm making burgers for lunch......

Do you still have Sunday? Sadly, mine is over soon. Well, at least at Thursday is Swiss' national day, that means no work! Okay, I'll have to go to work anyway, but only for a few hours. The rest of the day I'll use to prepare for my move and reflect about the conveniently bended history our national day is based on.

Enjoy your burgers!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I won't tell you what I've cooked for dinner, as it didn't look nearly as great as this.

But what I can tell you is, that it was very good and very healthy involving a lot of fresh vegetables and some r?sti (I bought it oven-ready, preparing some fresh r?sti is hard work and takes forever).

Nothing wrong with healthy. We do a mixture of foods from vegetarian/vegan to fish/meat dishes. We do our best to keep it varied and simple.

Had chicken Thai curry with vegetables and rice. We made it a touch too hot (spicy) though and lacked some flavour for some reason. I don't mind spicy btw I just like flavour with it as well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We were supposed to go look at a car today but it got sold unfortunately. :( We're not in a hurry but it would have been nice to see it anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven