WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm going to post a picture, just because.

Here's something I took with Camera360 just playing around with the filters.

Camera360_2013_4_27_102857.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was told many years ago a simple thing about office meetings. If you have between 2-6 people you're likely to accomplish something. If you go between 6-10 you will reduce probability by 20%. Once you go beyond 10 people your chances of accomplishing anything reduces exponentially with each person added.

I was stuck in 'information' meetings twice today. I'm now groggy and not happy about it. :(

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Office meetings....?

I thought you could just be referring to office meetings, but the quotes confused me, and what's a stern in this context?

Personally I like office meetings. Very amusing. My boss has the habit to stare at people for two reasons: Either he's expecting you to present your results, or he's just thinking about something. I usually wait half a minute or so to see what happens. And there are other interesting things like this in our meetings ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Haven't been to a bbq yet this year. :( I'll probably be at one while on vacation though! :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Haven't been to a bbq yet this year. :( I'll probably be at one while on vacation though! :)

It's rainy in London, huh? ;-)

Man, someday I have to visit this city for a week or so, I've been there multiple times, but only for small periods of time. That way you don't get anything to see, except of incredibly expensive Hot Dogs that taste disgustingly.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
BBQ on coal taste the best. Gas doesn't give that yummy touch. Maybe firewood could beat it, but that have to depend on what you barbecue. Tomato on a coal grill that's been really used for a while, tastes wonderful together with some meat served with garlic butter AND creme fresh in a split open baked potatoes with ... ouch, im hungry now. Oh, I would like to BBQ my Nokia phones also because there been such a hassle. Probably wouldn't eat them though:-D

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Whoever created the idea of 'the meeting' should be shot. OK maybe that's a bit harsh, how about a stern talking to?

Progress meetings are the worst - you sit in a room with people higher up the food chain than you explaining that you are late because people keep issuing changes, taking a kicking for missing programme dates because of the changes then agreeing new issue dates only for them to issue you with further changes an hour after you've had the progress meeting.

One of the biggest problems of the building industry has been the computer age. Changes were never as frequent and information provided to you was always correct first time when everything was hand drawn.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Also while were on meetings - theres always one person that's intent on derailing whats on the agenda to bring up something that's completely irrelevant and nothing to do with what you are doing purely for the reason that they like the sound of their own voice.

And while we are on BBQ's have loved the last month in London been having BBQ's every weekend and at least once a week in the evening. Got another planned for this weekend too. Got myself a nice slab of beef brisket reserved at the butchers that's begging to be smoked for 6 hours

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

The worst meeting person is the one who has to keep asking questions to look good when the meeting should be over and everyone's ready to head out the door. Go to his office and suck up on your time, not everyone elses.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The worst meeting person is the one who has to keep asking questions to look good when the meeting should be over and everyone's ready to head out the door. Go to his office and suck up on your time, not everyone elses.

I can remember playing buzzword bingo in a meeting with a colleague years ago - the meeting was so insanely boring that he actually yelled "bingo" when he had filled up his card. - Guy chairing the meeting was so in love with his own voice that he thought my colleague was just agreeing with his proposal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786