WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah, when I was in Italy, years back, I was offered shredded horse meat as an appetizer and tried it. Wasn't bad at all. I think people in the US get caught up on horses being more of a pet then livestock.

It's the same in the UK. Horses have a 'special' place in society. Same in Canada and Australia.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The problem isn't the fact it was horse meat per say, as long as its on the label of the product you're buying (issue one), the main issue (number two) was that it wasn't traceable to source. That's a big deal in the meat industry.

Yeah, I think I've covered the first point, the second point is also true. I'm not sure if this wasn't as much of an issue here or we Swiss just love our horse meat too much...

I understand people not eating special kinds of meat for cultural or other reasons. But there's one animal all nations and religions and cultures can agree on: Let's eat chicken!

And now I'd like to wish everybody a good night :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

GOOGLE you mean bing!

Yeah, I knew that could rise issues after I've read the sentence again, but it's the word my brain uses in normal thinking, so I just left it there. It's hard to build a verb out of "search engine".

"I search engined it!"

I don't use Bing at all. Go to bing.ch, if it doesn't send you to your local domain you'll see it's even still in beta here.

Edit: God, there's not even a link to "maps", at least I can't find it.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I knew that could rise issues after I've read the sentence again, but it's the word my brain uses in normal thinking, so I just left it there. It's hard to build a verb out of "search engine".

"I search engined it!"

I don't use Bing at all. Go to bing.ch, if it doesn't send you to your local domain you'll see it's even still in beta here.

I prefer "I search engine it" then google, it an MS forum. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here's a quick way to get to the 1000: what WP device are folks currently using? I've got a Lumia 810 (😶) and a VZW HTC 8X (👍)...

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Hi all

Android Central, iMore, Crackberry have all been doing this challenge on there forums, so let?s start this challenge over here!

So what do you have do I hear you ask, just reply in this thread about anything, that's correct anything at all!

This can be your lunch, the weather, holiday, share images of your vacation and these are just a few examples. Let?s show the other site on MN what we can do, it may be a steep hill to climb however we can do it together, spare some of your time and post to your heart?s content and the best thing about this thread it can be about anything (in reason of course :p) and have FUN!

If you need a few more examples to get the wheels turning you can post about how your days was, a device, something funny you read or heard, cake, food, some more cake you get by now, of what you can do! :smile:

Now then the thread title will change every time we break the post count so I want to see this thread EXPLODE WITH POST, I WANT TO SEE YOUR KEYBOARD SET ALIGHT!

This is also a contest as well don't forget, against the other forum in MN, so let show them what we can do on WPC!!!

Hello to the WPC Challenge! Laura dropped into our CB 50K Challenge and mentioned that you guys were starting one! I assume that I'll need 10 posts in order to not be moderated, so here's the first one.

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I like this place already! No waiting for the first 10 posts to be able to post unmoderated!

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

So I'm a Sprint customer. I currently have a Blackberry 9650 that I've been using for years. I've been waiting for BB10 for almost as long. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon have had these devices for months now. But Sprint.... coming late summer. Given the fact that I have not had the opportunity to switch to the new OS and that BB could just as easily flourish as well as fail, I had to consider other devices. I'm not a fan of iOS or Android (is that OK to say here?). Long ago I've used Compaq iPaqs with Windows Mobile and I really liked it. I've never had a Windows phone, but would consider it if BB doesn't work out for me....

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

So I'm a Sprint customer. I currently have a Blackberry 9650 that I've been using for years. I've been waiting for BB10 for almost as long. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon have had these devices for months now. But Sprint.... coming late summer. Given the fact that I have not had the opportunity to switch to the new OS and that BB could just as easily flourish as well as fail, I had to consider other devices. I'm not a fan of iOS or Android (is that OK to say here?). Long ago I've used Compaq iPaqs with Windows Mobile and I really liked it. I've never had a Windows phone, but would consider it if BB doesn't work out for me....
... But, being a Sprint customer, I know that BB isn't the only brand that doesn't get Sprint love. I would have tried an HTC Arrive (being the only Windows phone that Sprint gave a chance to, but I read too many things about quality issues.

I really like the Nokias, but again, Sprint says "No Nokia for you!"...

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

... But, being a Sprint customer, I know that BB isn't the only brand that doesn't get Sprint love. I would have tried an HTC Arrive (being the only Windows phone that Sprint gave a chance to, but I read too many things about quality issues.

I really like the Nokias, but again, Sprint says "No Nokia for you!"...

...The HTC 8XT just came out on Sprint a week or so ago. It seems like a nice phone, but it's definitely a mid-tiered phone. Build quality looks nice, but it just doesn't wow me! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a Samsung Ativ Neo in a few weeks to give it a go. I have high hopes for that device. If I convert, that will probably be the way I'll go.

And, BTW, since this is a 'challenge' thread, I decided to split this into 3 posts because 3 posts are better than 1! Also, you need more smileys!
rotfl.png

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Is the Lumia the phone of choice here? And what are others on Sprint planning to do?

louzer

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

And now I've brought this thread up to 900 posts! Only 149,100 more to catch up to the CB thread!
rotfl.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion