WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I couldn't work from home, I would just watch TV all day and nothing would get done.

For some reason I have very good self discipline about that. The TV does not come on during working hours. I do listen to music. And the very casual dress code is great!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've decided to embark on a PhD in infection biology in autumn. Let's see how this works out...

Sounds interesting. Infection in humans or otherwise?

I've always wanted to expand my knowledge more and get into something more interesting and what I think of as more serious. I was a lazy student though and now I just don't have the time. :( I do read however so that's how I learn these days. Unfortunately doesn't give me a degree! :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Sounds interesting. Infection in humans or otherwise?

I've always wanted to expand my knowledge more and get into something more interesting and what I think of as more serious. I was a lazy student though and now I just don't have the time. :( I do read however so that's how I learn these days. Unfortunately doesn't give me a degree! :p

It will be very basic research on bacteria. I'm not too keen on doing animal experiments, and this promises to be an amazing project without that :)

I'm working with incredibly knowledgeable people without a higher degree. I want to do it mostly because I have no big commitments (like family) and I love science. There are many great reasons not to do a PhD...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It will be very basic research on bacteria. I'm not too keen on doing animal experiments, and this promises to be an amazing project without that :)

I'm working with incredibly knowledgeable people without a higher degree. I want to do it mostly because I have no big commitments (like family) and I love science. There are many great reasons not to do a PhD...

Yeah but one good one. Putting Dr. :p Seriously, that's, great! My partner wants one. They're at masters level so far.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah but one good one. Putting Dr. :p Seriously, that's, great! My partner wants one. They're at masters level so far.

Well, first I'll have to do 3 to 4 years of hard and frustrating work I'm being told. ;-)

Good luck to your partner :)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

i have a migraine... yet to take anything for it. even though it's right in front of me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers