WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

A great way to end a tough day at work...my Purity headphones arrived! Thanks to WPCentral for letting me get this on sale last week!

WP_20130730_001.jpgWP_20130730_003.jpg

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Any ideas for a movie in the theatre tonight?

Assuming you are in the states, here is a rundown of movies out recently as reviewed by the entire "snowmutt" family:

"Wolverine"- 3 stars. Fun.

"RED2"- 2 stars. Not as much fun as the first.

"Pacific Rim"- 3 stars. Just a blast to watch.

"Despicable Me 2"- 3 stars. Those minions.... just not fair how funny they are.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Star Trek: Into Darkness.

If you haven't seen it go. Go. It is amazing.

SPOILER

Apart from the clich? that the captain needs to sleep with two women with tail at the same time to show how bad-*** he is in the beginning, which already took the movie waaaay down for me,

SPOILER END

Maybe my expectations were just too high. The first one was no masterpiece but I loved it very much (and it has many flaws too), the second one felt just stupidly written. So many people acted strangely, so many stuff was just too convenient (that was the worst part), the wrong things were over the top, some characters developed super strength without a reason and so on and so on.

I didn't feel ripped off after the movie, just disappointed. But maybe I just thought too much about it.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning. I see people talking about... BEER. Now if only I could drink it... oh well. Been a long time since I've seen the names Molson and Labatt. I guess I'll be seeing a lot of that when I make my way back to see the family in Canada at xmas this year.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Good morning!

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to beer, so I'll sit this one out and hope for cake.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning - Question of the day - how do some women manage to talk about absolute cr*p for over half an hour? - got on the train this morning and this woman was chatting to her friend - she talked non stop about the most inane stuff for the whole journey - never once did her friend speak even in acknowledgement - she just kept going and going and going.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morning - Question of the day - how do some women manage to talk about absolute cr*p for over half an hour? - got on the train this morning and this woman was chatting to her friend - she talked non stop about the most inane stuff for the whole journey - never once did her friend speak even in acknowledgement - she just kept going and going and going.

A few months ago I had to look after the cats of my brother. They bit through my ear buds and until I got a replacement I had to listen to the people in the train. It made me crazy, it's unbelievable what people talk about on the train. The worst are the ones on cell phones screaming that the entire carriage has to hear them...

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Maybe we should learn something from them. It will get us to 5000 posts faster.

Also, as a woman im a little offended by the "talking cr*p" part.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

A few months ago I had to look after the cats of my brother. They bit through my ear buds and until I got a replacement I had to listen to the people in the train. It made me crazy, it's unbelievable what people talk about on the train. The worst are the ones on cell phones screaming that the entire carriage has to hear them...

Oh I hear that - Got on the train home the other day and this Polish woman was screaming down the phone at someone, I can only assume her boyfriend. Was incredibly loud and she just didn't stop. Felt sorry for the person on the other end of the phone. Polish sounds like such a harsh language for an argument.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Maybe we should learn something from them. It will get us to 5000 posts faster.

Also, as a woman im a little offended by the "talking cr*p" part.

Apologies - didn't mean to offend - maybe its just being in Essex and its the tone of some of the womens voices when they talk - I wasn't generalising for all women either - im sure some of you talk complete sense - just after some conversations with women all men can hear after 5 mins is blah blah blah :wink:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Apologies - didn't mean to offend - maybe its just being in Essex and its the tone of some of the womens voices when they talk - I wasn't generalising for all women either - im sure some of you talk complete sense - just after some conversations with women all men can hear after 5 mins is blah blah blah :wink:

It always comes down to topic though. To me, anyone discussing a sports match is about as mindless as someone gossiping about their friends, regardless of sex.

I have heard on trains, planes and other situations where one person dominates the conversation, obviously stressed by something, and the other person just sits there not saying anything, with that glazed look of, I've heard this all before kind of expression. Lots of times it is mindless nonsense but obviously the person talking thinks it's highly important...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss