WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It always comes down to topic though. To me, anyone discussing a sports match is about as mindless as someone gossiping about their friends, regardless of sex.

I have heard on trains, planes and other situations where one person dominates the conversation, obviously stressed by something, and the other person just sits there not saying anything, with that glazed look of, I've heard this all before kind of expression. Lots of times it is mindless nonsense but obviously the person talking thinks it's highly important...

Totally agree. Just blows my mind with some of the conversations you hear on packed trains. Some conversations are definitely meant for areas a bit more private.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Totally agree. Just blows my mind with some of the conversations you hear on packed trains. Some conversations are definitely meant for areas a bit more private.

That's a whole other area but so true! I have have a Facebook feed called Tube Eavesdropper. It's snippets of conversation on the tube. Quite funny and alarming!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

mmm mmm..more food discussion. I like :grin:

I like lasagne. One of my favourite dishes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

mmm mmm..more food discussion. I like :grin:

I like lasagne. One of my favourite dishes.

Lasagne is ok. I'm a big fan of food in general but I've taken a liking to Thai and Indian food as well as good Chinese. Also spicey.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Also a fan of some spice. Not too much though :wink: Chili con carne is another one of my faves.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Also a fan of some spice. Not too much though :wink: Chili con carne is another one of my faves.

Never got into Mexican food much. I don't mind some things but not a huge fan. Some of the dishes we cook at home are very hot. We have this one Chili Chicken dish from the Sichuan region. Very hot but yummy.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Ah! What I have found interesting living in the EU is how some food has been transferred around, though lots of it didn't make it to the UK...

The French claim they have invented Fondue, the Swiss claim they have invented Fondue, even the Austrians claim they have invented it. I don't care, I just enjoy food ;-)

That's because the English sit on a island and are busy fighting the Scottish and Irish while planning French invasions! That's what I've learned from Braveheart.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The French claim they have invented Fondue, the Swiss claim they have invented Fondue, even the Austrians claim they have invented it. I don't care, I just enjoy food ;-)

You made me go check out wikipedia. Apparently it is a Swiss dish (1699), the name however is French and somehow Italian is in there too. I don't know how Australians can lay claim to it but then Australians are like that. They laid claim to Pavlova but it's NZ.

That's because the English sit on a island and are busy fighting the Scottish and Irish while planning French invasions! That's what I've learned from Braveheart.

That's probably good a reason as any as to why the food was so bad here for so long. It's a lot better now though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss