WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Take a sleeping pill just don't get it confuse with the purple pill.

Once I had a phase in which I could barely sleep at all. I'm not particularly nervous before exams, but one night I couldn't get any sleep at all. The day after I had a very important, very difficult exam. Doing this exam without any sleep wasn't fun.
So I decided, before another exam, at 3 am to take a sleeping pill so I could catch at least some sleep. It should have kicked in after 45 minutes, however after 45 minutes all I felt was the urge to go to the toilet. Finally I was able to catch an hour of sleep and had to write the exam under the peak influence of the pill.

The exam went very well for some freaky reason, but that day I've decided to never take sleeping pills again. I rather don't sleep at all. Luckily this phase passed by after a few months. (I still have some weeks I sleep very badly, but it's never as bad as back then.)

Of course, if you have a medical condition and get sleeping pills prescribed you should most likely listen to your doctor.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I love the cans so far! I also own the in ear version of the purity headphones (cyan as well). Funny enough, they went bad and I'm to ship them back to Nokia for repairs. Once I saw the deal in WPCentral I had to snap the cans up too. The in ears were pretty good for me: I'm not an audiophile, but I liked how balanced the sound is. I think the in ears were a bit louder than the cans overall, the noise cancellation was good enough for my NYC commute. What I really liked too were some Sony tips I had from my ex that I put on the purity in ears that allowed me to drop the volume but still get the in ears loud and with a great seal. All in all, I like the purity headset. If I had the cash I would have gotten the HD wireless ones, but they're still too expensive for me. I do plan to ship back the in ear to Nokia for replacements though.

Thanks for the details. I'm thinking of picking up the in ear ones to try. Hopefully they don't die on me. Mainly going to use them on my commute as well, so it's good to know the noise isolation is decent. The headset seems cool. I might see if there is a store near me where I can try them. The cyan one you got looks fab. Definitely going to stand out from the crowd :wink:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Once I had a phase in which I could barely sleep at all. I'm not particularly nervous before exams, but one night I couldn't get any sleep at all. The day after I had a very important, very difficult exam. Doing this exam without any sleep wasn't fun.
So I decided, before another exam, at 3 am to take a sleeping pill so I could catch at least some sleep. It should have kicked in after 45 minutes, however after 45 minutes all I felt was the urge to go to the toilet. Finally I was able to catch an hour of sleep and had to write the exam under the peak influence of the pill.

The exam went very well for some freaky reason, but that day I've decided to never take sleeping pills again. I rather don't sleep at all. Luckily this phase passed by after a few months. (I still have some weeks I sleep very badly, but it's never as bad as back then.)

Of course, if you have a medical condition and get sleeping pills prescribed you should most likely listen to your doctor.

When I cant get to sleep I just normally play some rap music on or rise against the machine sometimes TV after 5 minutes I get tired and fall to sleep

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the details. I'm thinking of picking up the in ear ones to try. Hopefully they don't die on me. Mainly going to use them on my commute as well, so it's good to know the noise isolation is decent. The headset seems cool. I might see if there is a store near me where I can try them. The cyan one you got looks fab. Definitely going to stand out from the crowd :wink:

Personal headphone recommendation here - Wesc Chambers by RZA premium headphones - Don't be put off by the celeb endorsement these headphones are amazing - The noise cancellation is great even just putting them over your ears with the NC on and no music playing you hear virtually no outside noise - Range in sound is great too - not too bassey which surprised me coming with an endorsement from the RZA. They also have a great feature of muting and turning off noise cancellation by pushing on the outside of one of the cans. So if you do want to hear anything in the outside world all you have to do is push on your ear rather than fiddle with volume or stop the music and take off the headphones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Personal headphone recommendation here - Wesc Chambers by RZA premium headphones - Don't be put off by the celeb endorsement these headphones are amazing - The noise cancellation is great even just putting them over your ears with the NC on and no music playing you hear virtually no outside noise - Range in sound is great too - not too bassey which surprised me coming with an endorsement from the RZA. They also have a great feature of muting and turning off noise cancellation by pushing on the outside of one of the cans. So if you do want to hear anything in the outside world all you have to do is push on your ear rather than fiddle with volume or stop the music and take off the headphones.

The cyan and yellow shades used by Nokia pop, especially the cyan. It's ironic how colorful yet subtle these headphones are. I did have a teen see the monster brand and give me the "are those monster headphones?" look. My ex loves the look of my cyan headphones. What I liked most about the purity is that I get just enough seal to hear my music, but I still hear enough outside noise. That's important for me since I do a lot of transfers and don't want to get hit by anything during my commute. Plus you get volume control and built in mic. I wish more companies made WP headsets with volume and mic, but I guess that's like the app debate...

I wouldn't buy any of the purity headsets at full price, honestly, as nice as they sound. Sound wise, you can get better options at their price point, but the mic and volume control ability evens things out. So if you can get a deal online through amazon, I'd do that.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion and detailed feedback. I'll check them out.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

The cyan and yellow shades used by Nokia pop, especially the cyan. It's ironic how colorful yet subtle these headphones are. I did have a teen see the monster brand and give me the "are those monster headphones?" look. My ex loves the look of my cyan headphones. What I liked most about the purity is that I get just enough seal to hear my music, but I still hear enough outside noise. That's important for me since I do a lot of transfers and don't want to get hit by anything during my commute. Plus you get volume control and built in mic. I wish more companies made WP headsets with volume and mic, but I guess that's like the app debate...

I wouldn't buy any of the purity headsets at full price, honestly, as nice as they sound. Sound wise, you can get better options at their price point, but the mic and volume control ability evens things out. So if you can get a deal online through amazon, I'd do that.

Yeah, I was thinking the in ear ones aren't too bad for the price since it had mic and the in line controls as well. Won't be using them too much, so the price point was attractive enough to me. Also wish more companies supported WP with accesories like headsets.

I was looking at the Klipsh S4 (I think). But I'm not sure if the one with mic will support WP.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion and detailed feedback. I'll check them out.

No prob. 😊. I still think you may like them. 👍

I fell in love with the Lumia 1020 yesterday when messing with it in the AT&T store. It is pretty light weight wise. Not 8X level light, but a little lighter than the 810/820. I still like the 920, but I would love a 1020 to use on weekends. Makes you want to go take pictures for no reason...😊

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I was thinking the in ear ones aren't too bad for the price since it had mic and the in line controls as well. Won't be using them too much, so the price point was attractive enough to me. Also wish more companies supported WP with accesories like headsets.

I was looking at the Klipsh S4 (I think). But I'm not sure if the one with mic will support WP.

I was picking between the S4 and the Purity. The Purity won out because of the versatility with the volume and mic, for me. I think sound wise, the S4 is better and I'm not sure that mic is WP supported.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I was picking between the S4 and the Purity. The Purity won out because of the versatility with the volume and mic, for me. I think sound wise, the S4 is better and I'm not sure that mic is WP supported.

Exactly the two I'm also looking at. The S4 has good feedback regarding the sound quality. But like you, I'm unsure if the mic is supported. Might play it safe with the purity ones. Thanks again.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Theres a place called Yauatcha in soho on broadwick street that does some amazing dimsum - its a Michelin star restaurant too

That name sounds familiar. I think most dimsum places are pretty good, they have to be for people to come back. I was after more than dimsum. Usually dimsum is at lunch time only in Australia.

The best Chinese restaurant I went to in the UK so far has been in Newcastle. That's a bit out of the way for a quick bite. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The free lunch was better than expected, mostly sandwiches with some other meat on stick dishes. Presentation was a bit dull but that's OK.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm not saying there isn't any in London, it's just been difficult to find them!

Should I buy an iPad?

Reasons for it: The newspaper I'll subscribe to has a great iPad app, with the high resolution, the support for VPN and all the scientific apps it would be great to read paper on it, it has a good Spotify app and Bluetooth earphones work very well with it, the app ecosystem is general the best, support for Exchange.

Reasons against it: I don't like iOS, but I think iOS 7 is more to my taste. No native Office apps (but I wouldn't want to write on a tablet anyway). Very expensive.

The free lunch was better than expected, mostly sandwiches with some other meat on stick dishes. Presentation was a bit dull but that's OK.

That's a good thing then, I hope your day got a little brighter!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Should I buy an iPad?

Reasons for it: The newspaper I'll subscribe to has a great iPad app, with the high resolution, the support for VPN and all the scientific apps it would be great to read paper on it, it has a good Spotify app and Bluetooth earphones work very well with it, the app ecosystem is general the best, support for Exchange.

Reasons against it: I don't like iOS, but I think iOS 7 is more to my taste. No native Office apps (but I wouldn't want to write on a tablet anyway). Very expensive.

I'm probably not the best person to ask. I've never used an Apple product and don't plan to ever own one. I have nothing against Apple personally, to each their own. I do know the academic sciences use Apple products quite a bit so having an iPad could be ideal. They do have the best and largest 'quality' app selection though Android isn't too far behind. You can get a bluetooth keyboard.

That's a good thing then, I hope your day got a little brighter!

It's always a good day when you have a free lunch! :D

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm probably not the best person to ask. I've never used an Apple product and don't plan to ever own one. I have nothing against Apple personally, to each their own. I do know the academic sciences use Apple products quite a bit so having an iPad could be ideal. They do have the best and largest 'quality' app selection though Android isn't too far behind. You can get a bluetooth keyboard.

Thanks. Well, I can wait a little bit longer and see how the market develops. Maybe it would be a good thing to look at the new Atom processors for a Windows 8 (not RT) tablet, and compare it with the new iPad that likely will be presented at the end of the year. There's no Android tablet I really like at the moment. Maybe the new Nexus 7, but its screen is too small...

I also have to see what computer I'll get in the new lab and adjust the rest to it.

It's always a good day when you have a free lunch! :D

Great :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. Well, I can wait a little bit longer and see how the market develops. Maybe it would be a good thing to look at the new Atom processors for a Windows 8 (not RT) tablet, and compare it with the new iPad that likely will be presented at the end of the year. There's no Android tablet I really like at the moment. Maybe the new Nexus 7, but its screen is too small...

They do make a Nexus 10" as well. I currently have the Note 2 but don't use it to it's full potential. I like it regardless of what people say about Samsung and Android.

It will be interesting to see what comes out with regards to W8.1 tablets. It's possible they may make some headway with a full blown OS on them.

I also have to see what computer I'll get in the new lab and adjust the rest to it.

That's probably the best option. If you have an Apple machine probably best to get an iPad.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

They do make a Nexus 10" as well. I currently have the Note 2 but don't use it to it's full potential. I like it regardless of what people say about Samsung and Android.

It will be interesting to see what comes out with regards to W8.1 tablets. It's possible they may make some headway with a full blown OS on them.

Yes, the Note would probably be the best option. But I think I wouldn't use the pen much, and the Galaxy Tab 3 has just gotten terrible reviews.

That's probably the best option. If you have an Apple machine probably best to get an iPad.

If I remember right most people had an iMac, but I was more focused on the people and the science. At my current lab I was able to choose, could have had a Macbook Pro, but decided to take a Windows 7 station.

We will see, interesting times are coming in any case :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)