WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So folks, what's your top 5 places on the planet you'd like to go visit?

As silly as this sounds, ever since I was a kid I wanted to take a train ride across Canada. I do not even know if there is a train that goes across all of Canada. But took a vacation to go camping in Windsor one year and have also spent a few days in Nova Scotia and it just made me want to do it more. Had a blast, my kind of weather, and have enjoyed the culture. Their beer.... not too shabby either. :cool:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

People may have been tired after a long week. I know I was, especially with the drama with the interns yesterday.

BP I'm sure is thinking about cake while on his vacation, so no worries there.

So folks, what's your top 5 places on the planet you'd like to go visit?

Yeah those interns sound like a handful for sure.

Places I like/would like to visit:

Philippines - since it's second home
Chicago - like a third home
New York
Hawaii
Another Asian country..maybe Japan

Pretty tough to pick the other 3. So many places I'd like to check out. What about you?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Okay, WPC, as soon as he is out the door on vacation......

PARTY AT BIG PADDY'S PLACE!!!

Shhhhh..... keep it down.... don't tip it off to BP...... look away, make no eye contact......

My beer is all gone NOOOOOOOO and what happened to the CAKE!!!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Top 5 places eh. Not into places so will have to do countries.

1.Japan (taking a month in 2015 to do a tour)
2.USA (coast to coast roadtrip next year over 3 weeks)
3.Norway (Up to the north coast get a decent view of the northern lights sometime in 2014)
4.China ( Don't know when but probably another month tour)
5.Brazil (Don't know when but have got a few friends that moved over there to teach English)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Places I like/would like to visit:

1. South America, this won't happen within the next 4 years, but once in my life I'd like to travel the entire continent.
2. North America, I have been to the USA a few times, I'd like to go again and also visit Canada. The national parks must be incredible.

I love to travel around Europe and have visited most countries, and of course I'd like to see many of them again. I have also been to northern Africa, it's beautiful but it's such a troubled continent. Asia would interest me too of course, but this comes as a third after the two Americas.

My next holidays will be over Christmas traveling the coast of Norway.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with Yahoo mail today? It keeps asking for my password over and over. Also, for the last couple days it's been slow to check mail

WOOT!!! just got an email that I won a backpack from a drawing! Maybe it will be a suitable replacement for my current, aging, laptop backpack :?

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Congrats on winning the backpack. I never win anything thing. I could be the only person in a contest and I still would not win.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Congrats on winning the backpack. I never win anything thing. I could be the only person in a contest and I still would not win.

I don't participate anywhere I could win something. I consider it either a waste of money (because I also never win, and statistics tells me I never will) or just data fishing. And I don't have any particular talents that would me help win something with them ;-)

Anyway, congratulations sinime :)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Well, the backpack was a drawing from my local Nokia Developer Program's Ambassador. So it wasn't some random site data fishing.

They were also giving away purity head phones and some other swag.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Same here - we could be the only two people and not win anything.

I got a backpack from www.sprayground.com for my birthday - awesome bag for tech. Has got a padded pouch for a 17" laptop, a sleeve for a 11" tablet, pockets and pouches for cables and plugs has enough room for lots of other stuff, sunglasses pouch on the top and the straps are really padded and comfortable. They do some pretty funky designs as well.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, the backpack was a drawing from my local Nokia Developer Program's Ambassador. So it wasn't some random site data fishing.

They were also giving away purity head phones and some other swag.

I didn't want to imply that :)

Once in a while I participate in something like this too, I still never win :D

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I didn't buy any ice cream today, so you could say I saved money too!

Car ins are car insurance I guess? Well, this thread really helps my English :D

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I didn't buy any ice cream today, so you could say I saved money too!

Car ins are car insurance I guess? Well, this thread really helps my English :D

Insurance... I didn't realy, but there is commercial where people are always claiming that.

Anyhow, not sure if I solved my Yahoo mail problem, or if it was a coincidence... was snooping around Yahoo's web page based email and noticed a setting was not checked, "Use SSL"... anyhow, I checked it off and now it's working on my phone... If that was the issue, I wonder how it got unchecked???

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Lol, that gojo hands free thing is one of the dumbest products I've seen a commercial for

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99