WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning all - another fine and sunny summer day!

Send some of that sun to NYC, as it is a cool and rainy day. This feels like spring weather, honestly.

So of course I'm headed to work and my train is running 10 minutes late. Travelling by public transit in the NYC area on weekends is always an adventure...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I just got up. And now I drink a coffee, then I'll have a shower, and then I have an appointment to donate blood. The rest of the day I'll be spending moving my stuff to the new flat.

Drinking coffee right now @ work (love getting paid for getting my caffeine fix :evil:). Last Sunday, got to move my Daughter for the second time in 12 months. Nothing good about moving but getting it over with. My sympathy.

Been a long, long time since I donated blood. I have a unique blood type too, so they are happy when I do. You have inspired me... Will try to get that done.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Send some of that sun to NYC, as it is a cool and rainy day. This feels like spring weather, honestly.

So of course I'm headed to work and my train is running 10 minutes late. Travelling by public transit in the NYC area on weekends is always an adventure...

Geez, and I whine like a baby if I just have to go to Wal-Mart on a weekend.

Respect, buddy. And tick someone grumpy off by smiling at them. It is a good time!!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I can't send you any sun - we have so little of it here in the UK I almost forgot what a summer should feel like. It's mine I tell you! Mine!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

No one can claim the sun. It is public property. A more equitable distribution would be nice though

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I can't send you any sun - we have so little of it here in the UK I almost forgot what a summer should feel like. It's mine I tell you! Mine!
I visit England in 2 weeks. Should I bring clothes to bundle up with? That seems odd to me, as I am in central Texas with tons of sun and it is fairly hot here :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I visit England in 2 weeks. Should I bring clothes to bundle up with? That seems odd to me, as I am in central Texas with tons of sun and it is fairly hot here :)

When visiting England I always suggest packing for any weather imaginable. It could rain, be muggy, be really nice sunny weather or even snow. We never know. If you have shorts, t-shirts, jumpers and trousers (pants) you can't go wrong. Also bring a waterproof coat even if you don't think you'll need it :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Geez, and I whine like a baby if I just have to go to Wal-Mart on a weekend.

Respect, buddy. And tick someone grumpy off by smiling at them. It is a good time!!

I'm too tired to tick someone off at this point. Just pushing to get through the day. Fortunately its not many patients here so I can go slowly and not exhaust myself too much. Been a long month and I'm looking forward to a cold Guinness after work. 😊

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I have some Texas sun you can have its 107 on the heart index right here in Dallas where I am standing. You want so sun take it its all yours.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

Totally agree with you Dave! Same story here in San Antonio. Same forecast everyday - heat, heat, and more heat. Yesterday, when I left work, my car read the outside temperature as 105.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, here it was a hot day too. Made moving a sweaty undertaking.

I didn't get as far as I wanted to. The wardrobe had a incredible amount of screws to build it, but at least its quality is much better than I've expected. I will even be able to move this thing again without destroying it.

Well, tomorrow is another day :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Was quite hot here for the UK (27-29 degrees C ish) and it was a nice dry heat - none of this overly humid nonsense!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I didn't wake up until 3pm and then I had a pizza hut which was a large pizza which had bacon, ham and chicken with a side of chicken strips while watching Harry Potter and the prisoner of forgotten prison name which I think was the best of the 7 films.

Easy day today and now I'm going to get a carling zest and have a few.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I didn't wake up until 3pm and then I had a pizza hut which was a large pizza which had bacon, ham and chicken with a side of chicken strips while watching Harry Potter and the prisoner of forgotten prison name which I think was the best of the 7 films.

Easy day today and now I'm going to get a carling zest and have a few.

I also think that's the best Harry Potter movie. I found another book the best, and I found the seventh book by far the worst. The two movies about the seventh were okay though, probably because of my company in the cinema ;-)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I also think that's the best Harry Potter movie. I found another book the best, and I found the seventh book by far the worst. The two movies about the seventh were okay though, probably because of my company in the cinema ;-)

That one with the serpent was my least favorite movie. None of the books were bad, in my opinion. But those who read "Order of Phoenix" will understand what I mean when I say if one more bad thing had happened to Harry and his pals, I was chucking that book into the wall. It was hard for them in the movie, but it did not do justice to the book.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
That one with the serpent was my least favorite movie. None of the books were bad, in my opinion. But those who read "Order of Phoenix" will understand what I mean when I say if one more bad thing had happened to Harry and his pals, I was chucking that book into the wall. It was hard for them in the movie, but it did not do justice to the book.

When I read the seventh book it just felt like Harry and his friends were arguing and moving their tents in the first half, then doing stuff they did before in the previous books in the second half. After that they fought Voldemort in Hogwarts at the end, finished. Wrapped up with a glimpse into the future which only seemed to be in there so Rowling's publisher couldn't force her to write another one, I just didn't like it that much.

But maybe I was in a strange mood and should read it again.

The one with the serpent was the Chamber of Secrets. I thought nobody liked that one very much... surprisingly, the IMDb rating is pretty high with a 7.2: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295297/

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

When I read the seventh book it just felt like Harry and his friends were arguing and moving their tents in the first half, then doing stuff they did before in the previous books in the second half. After that they fought Voldemort in Hogwarts at the end, finished. Wrapped up with a glimpse into the future which only seemed to be in there so Rowling's publisher couldn't force her to write another one, I just didn't like it that much.

But maybe I was in a strange mood and should read it again.

The one with the serpent was the Chamber of Secrets. I thought nobody liked that one very much... surprisingly, the IMDb rating is pretty high with a 7.2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) - IMDb
I never read any of the books, but I have seen all the movies. The movies appealed to me, even though I'm not a kid.

I probably would have read the books if I were a kid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12