WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't think I gave a long enough cable... 12' won't get out of San Antonio, much less out of TX

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Somebody share with me your internet!!!

That sucks BP - no offence to anyone from other countries but a month without a phone line is third world standard.

If you phoned BT and told them you were cancelling your contract for breach of terms of service and switching to another provider I wonder how quickly you would have everything back up and running?? I had a rant to sky the other night - im paying for their top broadband package which is supposed to give me 20mb download speed - ive been doing speedtests at different times all week and ive never got over 3mb. Had a bit of a rant over the phone and emailed a screenshot of the test results and ive now got them coming to switch me over to the new fibre optic service for the same price as im paying now for the first six months only now I will be getting 40mb download speeds

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

That sucks BP - no offence to anyone from other countries but a month without a phone line is third world standard.

If you phoned BT and told them you were cancelling your contract for breach of terms of service and switching to another provider I wonder how quickly you would have everything back up and running?? I had a rant to sky the other night - im paying for their top broadband package which is supposed to give me 20mb download speed - ive been doing speedtests at different times all week and ive never got over 3mb. Had a bit of a rant over the phone and emailed a screenshot of the test results and ive now got them coming to switch me over to the new fibre optic service for the same price as im paying now for the first six months only now I will be getting 40mb download speeds

My mum managed to get six months free unlimited fibre broadband. We will be getting it soon. Didn't need to blag for it either. Just asked for Fibre broadband and they gave us it six months free as we have Sky Sports.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yep it crap my mum dealing with it and she said to them we want to cancel and not to pay until i fix, they then said if you do so you will have to pay for a new contract which is a lot more expensive than the one we got for unlimited internet it crazy!

She also ask about compensation they said you have to talk to another department did so, they said we don't know about compensation yet. Rung them back up they said we will get the money back for the two months and didn't mention anything else.

We got offered a free upgrade to fibre optic and we can have bt sport or a youview box like freeview.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Should switch to Sky - you don't have to pay the BT line rental or BT connection/reconnection charges - I was paying ?22 a month for unlimited internet (albeit quite slow at times hence my whinge) and phone line with free evening and weekend calls and that included line rental. BT just screw you over and provide the worst TV package going.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

One of my friends switched from Time-Warner to AT&T UVerse due to lack of certain stations resulting from an ongoing dispute between Time-Warner and CBS.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I went from TW to UV a couple of months back... While I prefer UV, they kind of suck having a 250GB monthly limit... Not that I go anywhere near that now... I could see getting up there if you were to go diskless on the One

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I went from TW to UV a couple of months back... While I prefer UV, they kind of suck having a 250GB monthly limit... Not that I go anywhere near that now... I could see getting up there if you were to go diskless on the One
I dumped AT&T for that reason. I don't have TV service, just internet. I easily use that much.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Useless, random trivia: I didn't know Elvis didn't write any of the music he recorded.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

O_O

My internet been going out for the past two weeks and now it been out for the past few days.... Phone been out for two months now ask BT what the issue, they said they were fixing it two weeks ago just waiting for a permit they got one, rung them up again where still getting the permit!!!

Why BT, why, why punish me by taking my internet away!

Rant over ishhhh....

Want are your two backs up you have?

I was thinking about going to a coffee shop with free WIFI.

Update on the internet situation. Service restored in 4 hours flat.
Back up #1 - two window phones - 510 & 820. Internet sharing enabled.
Back up #2 I also pay for a USB dongle internet service. Works off a cell phone network
Back up #3 Parents house. Quick trip of 30 minutes. I try to keep this as last resort

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

97.34MB of mobile data left starting to lose it...... may have to....... resort ...... to extreme ......... measures ........ Derp

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Can't sleep, jesus feels like back in September '39, a huge thunderstorm coming over the Warsaw. Lightnings accompanied by Thunders are tearing the sky just like diving Junkers Ju 87!!
I was about to take a video with my Lumia, but suddenly... Hgrhhhhhhgrghhhhhhh 'FLASH' and I was back again in my bed, scared **** out of me.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

97.34MB of mobile data left starting to lose it...... may have to....... resort ...... to extreme ......... measures ........ Derp
Here's a tip: Use the XPress Browser for everything. Disable all images.

Now, watch as you still eat away at your data, but at a slower rate.

P.S. I'm stuck on EDGE. Help me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)