WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

God did, blame him.

Actually man came up with the names for the days of the week. Our concept of the 'week' is just our way of sorting out time. But that's way too philosophical for so early in the day and pre-coffee.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Men did, don't blame god, he is innocent. Just sitting up there, doing nothing much but playing poker with the other gods.

I'd watch those gods from India, some them have multiple arms. Could be tricky. :p

Welcome back N_LaRue, how were your holidays? :)

Was great. St. Petersburg was interesting. Other than that, realtively relaxing. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have pictures of course, taken with my 920 :)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard of any issues regarding SD cards and the 820? My wife took a bunch of pictures on her 820 and they are on the phone but when she goes to export them they end up corrupted.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Actually man came up with the names for the days of the week. Our concept of the 'week' is just our way of sorting out time. But that's way too philosophical for so early in the day and pre-coffee.

well.. yes, I didn't mean monday as a specified day of week. at all God has created us, world, space, so we can blame him for every single day whatever if it's monday or saturday.. :p of course that wouldn't make any sense, to blame him for everything. I believe that God exists but he doesn't interpose into our lives. Anything we experience during whole life, bad or good things - we shouldn't be thinking it's a sign from God or he has something to do with it. That's my point. :)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

I have pictures of course, taken with my 920 :)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard of any issues regarding SD cards and the 820? My wife took a bunch of pictures on her 820 and they are on the phone but when she goes to export them they end up corrupted.

Maybe she should connect phone to PC, copy photos from Internal Storage to desktop, and then back to the phone (SD Card) :p tried already?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

well.. yes, I didn't mean monday as a specified day of week. at all God has created us, world, space, so we can blame him for every single day whatever if it's monday or saturday.. :p of course that wouldn't make any sense, to blame him for everything. I believe that God exists but he doesn't interpose into our lives. Anything we experience during whole life, bad or good things - we shouldn't be thinking it's a sign from God or he has something to do with it. That's my point. :)

I'll stay out of the God discussion to keep things friendly on here. :) Wasn't necessarily blaming 'anyone' for Monday I was just being facetious.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

I agree, let's stay out of it. So what about SD card thing? Have your wife tried it already? ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree, let's stay out of it. So what about SD card thing? Have your wife tried it already? ;-)

Well what happens is that all the pictures are being saved to the SD card. Simply because the 820 has very little storage. We're using an SD card that was working fine on her Nokia N8. Anyway, the pictures appear fine on her phone but are being corrupted when imported onto PC. I used the WP8 app on W8 and I tried transferring by just USB via Windows Explorer. Neither worked.

I plan to pick up a new SD card as I believe it may be part of the cause but I'm starting to think it has something do with the fact that WP8 and SD cards simply don't get along well at this time. I hope GDR2 fixes this.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice!

Whom's blood was spilled?

...my spell checker doesn't know the word "whom", what the heavens?

It was built where Tsar Alexander II was assassinated. Commissioned by his son Tsar Alexander III.

Interesting that your spell checker doesn't understand 'whom'.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Well what happens is that all the pictures are being saved to the SD card. Simply because the 820 has very little storage. We're using an SD card that was working fine on her Nokia N8. Anyway, the pictures appear fine on her phone but are being corrupted when imported onto PC. I used the WP8 app on W8 and I tried transferring by just USB via Windows Explorer. Neither worked.

I plan to pick up a new SD card as I believe it may be part of the cause but I'm starting to think it has something do with the fact that WP8 and SD cards simply don't get along well at this time. I hope GDR2 fixes this.

that might be, and what if you put this sd card to another phone? If it doesn't work then make a backup sending all photos via bluetooth to another phone or send it to skydrive. Go to settings, phones memory, tap on sd card and format it. I had an issue with SD Card and Lumia820. When I took a photo with 'save photos to SD' on, it took ages to process and save those photos, and with GDR2/Amber on aboard its fine, so maybe it will resolve your problems too. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

that might be, and what if you put this sd card to another phone? If it doesn't work then make a backup sending all photos via bluetooth to another phone or send it to skydrive. Go to settings, phones memory, tap on sd card and format it. I had an issue with SD Card and Lumia820. When I took a photo with 'save photos to SD' on, it took ages to process and save those photos, and with GDR2/Amber on aboard its fine, so maybe it will resolve your problems too. :)

I'll try uploading them to Skydrive when I get home. Don't have another phone to try it out on. I formatted the card prior to it being used. Good to hear the GDR2/Amber update seems to fix these issues. Wish it would get here already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05