WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So folks, what's the coolest bit of tech do you own (can be anything)? For me it is my Nokia wireless charging pad. It is cool just to slap my cyan charge cover on my 810, drop it on the pad, and then go to sleep. 😊

The Nintendo 3DS XL just at the moment. Hated the concept when they released the first DS, but gave it another chance recently. I feel like they really made it work over the years.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm not excited to go back to school !!!!!!!! Lol

well actually im on the middle, because I want my degree as a network admin already, but I hate waking up at 5 am >.< for school :confused: but I start in 2 more weeks so I must make my 2 weeks worth it !:cool:

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So folks, what's the coolest bit of tech do you own (can be anything)? For me it is my Nokia wireless charging pad. It is cool just to slap my cyan charge cover on my 810, drop it on the pad, and then go to sleep. &#55357;&#56842;

Mine is going to be boring to some. Yes I love my smartphone but it's not the coolest. Yes my wireless charger is cool but it doesn't do much else. So my coolest is by far my 2TB NAS with cloud and media servers. I own a WD My Book Live. :) What's cool about it is that I can access it from anywhere via apps on my phone or tablet or via the web at another person's home if I need to. Very handy for someone like me who travels a lot and has friends and family abroad.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Good morning.

I was thinking about getting that same NAS. Does it work well with WP?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good morning.

I was thinking about getting that same NAS. Does it work well with WP?

Yes the app is great. The only limitation of course is WP itself as it doesn't like certain file types. You can email a share link to files (ones you can't download) via the app and do all the usual file management stuff.

The NAS itself is great. At home it has excellent speed via my wireless connection and abroad it comes down to the usual limitations of what connection speed you have etc.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the info. Seems sufficient enough.

If you decided to use the media server make sure your songs are all pre-tagged prior to uploading them on. It makes life a lot easier.

It's a good NAS. A lot better than the first gen ones that were out. It has a nice small footprint for 2TB. The webased software for the NAS is easy to use and the updates are similar to updating a modem or router. I can't complain really.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So folks, what's the coolest bit of tech do you own (can be anything)? For me it is my Nokia wireless charging pad. It is cool just to slap my cyan charge cover on my 810, drop it on the pad, and then go to sleep. 
I love my Klipsch Image s4 headphones, since my music sounds great when I'm at the gym.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
If you decided to use the media server make sure your songs are all pre-tagged prior to uploading them on. It makes life a lot easier.

It's a good NAS. A lot better than the first gen ones that were out. It has a nice small footprint for 2TB. The webased software for the NAS is easy to use and the updates are similar to updating a modem or router. I can't complain really.

Right I'll keep that in mind. I just took a look at the WD 2go app. Looks functional and neatly done. I'll probably use it mainly for video streaming. Looks promising. Thanks for all the info..appreciate it.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I love my Klipsch Image s4 headphones, since my music sounds great when I'm at the gym.

Hey Laura. I think this is the first time I caught you in this thread. I thought about picking up those headphones too. Oh man, it's like my amazon wishlist is being revealed here :grin:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura. I think this is the first time I caught you in this thread. I thought about picking up those headphones too. Oh man, it's like my amazon wishlist is being revealed here :grin:
Amazon is where I bought them.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning all - Discovered the joys of Dota 2 last night - bye bye social life, bye bye going to bed at a decent time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning all - Discovered the joys of Dota 2 last night - bye bye social life, bye bye going to bed at a decent time.

I don't play many games these days. I just never got into them much. Oh well. Maybe one day when I actually have some time I'll see what all the fuss is about. LOL!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't play many games these days. I just never got into them much. Oh well. Maybe one day when I actually have some time I'll see what all the fuss is about. LOL!

In my heart I'm still a gamer, but when I'm actually playing I just get bored very fast. Even when playing the games that seem perfect for my taste. That's the reason why I bought a 3DS, it's a cheap device, you don't need any peripherals and when I have the urge to play I can play games I loved when I was young.

I still think this was a good solution, makes more sense than buying an expensive gaming machine I use for Word and Facebook. (I don't have Facebook, but you know what I mean.)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I want to cut down a bit on my game time. But gaming is just one of those few things that can help clear my mind. I'm finding Civ V quite the stress reliever :grin:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I want to cut down a bit on my game time. But gaming is just one of those few things that can help clear my mind. I'm finding Civ V quite the stress reliever :grin:

I loved Civ IV and played it an incredible amount of time. I couldn't wait for Civ V, but then never got into it. It just didn't have the same feeling for me, and also even in the beginning the turns took forever to be calculated, what annoyed me terribly...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster