WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I loved Civ IV and played it an incredible amount of time. I couldn't wait for Civ V, but then never got into it. It just didn't have the same feeling for me, and also even in the beginning the turns took forever to be calculated, what annoyed me terribly...

Yeah that's a fair comment. I've seen a lot of Civ veterans not really like Civ V. For me it was my first Civ game, so I didn't really have a basis to compare to the earlier games. I enjoy it. Used to play with my friend if he's on, also sometimes play with my uncle.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In my heart I'm still a gamer, but when I'm actually playing I just get bored very fast. Even when playing the games that seem perfect for my taste. That's the reason why I bought a 3DS, it's a cheap device, you don't need any peripherals and when I have the urge to play I can play games I loved when I was young.

I still think this was a good solution, makes more sense than buying an expensive gaming machine I use for Word and Facebook. (I don't have Facebook, but you know what I mean.)

My phone is my game machine! :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

To celebrate I'll bore you with some more pictures!

Here's St. Isac's Cathedral, outside and inside.

WP_20130805_008.jpg
WP_20130805_016.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That puts you even more in the casual gamer corner ;-)

I prefer to have buttons and a device that does not get hot as much. But I love Jetpack Joyride and enjoy Angry Birds.

I'm more than just a casual gamer. If I played any less I wouldn't be classified as a gamer.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Great!

I am jealous now, only repeating yesterday's experiment without any idea what went wrong :-(

Well I sort of did the same thing. I'm experimenting between HPS lights and LED lights. I'm also using new software so I had redo things a couple of times. Finally got the results I wanted.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

My phone is my game machine! :D

The only game I play with any regularity on my phone is Alphajax. My RT has become my primary device for mobile gaming.

Now I've got the beast running at home I can get back into some decent RTS games.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The only game I play with any regularity on my phone is Alphajax. My RT has become my primary device for mobile gaming.

Now I've got the beast running at home I can get back into some decent RTS games.

I usually play Angry Birds. I had the first version and finished that so now I'm redoing the levels on the new version. :p

Other than that I'm into puzzle games. I haven't tried any of the higher end games yet.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I usually play Angry Birds. I had the first version and finished that so now I'm redoing the levels on the new version. :p

Other than that I'm into puzzle games. I haven't tried any of the higher end games yet.

I got the star wars version - got a little way through it, got bored haven't played it for months - did the same with cut the rope, I tend to go through puzzle games pretty quickly. Think I did all 300 levels of Flow free in a week playing 30 minutes a day. Prefer playing PinballFX2 on the surface the star wars tables never get old.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I got the star wars version - got a little way through it, got bored haven't played it for months - did the same with cut the rope, I tend to go through puzzle games pretty quickly. Think I did all 300 levels of Flow free in a week playing 30 minutes a day. Prefer playing PinballFX2 on the surface the star wars tables never get old.

I would like to get a bit more of an action game. I don't want to pay a fortune for it though as I probably won't play it that often. Is PinballFX2 on WP? I don't own a Surface.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I would like to get a bit more of an action game. I don't want to pay a fortune for it though as I probably won't play it that often. Is PinballFX2 on WP? I don't own a Surface.

Action games on mobiles just don't appeal to me mainly due to screen size and battery life. Pinball is only on xbox and W8/RT at the moment - don't think there are any plans to port it to WP, at least I haven't heard anything.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Action games on mobiles just don't appeal to me mainly due to screen size and battery life. Pinball is only on xbox and W8/RT at the moment - don't think there are any plans to port it to WP, at least I haven't heard anything.

Oh well. I'll just see what trials are around and try some different games to see what appeals to me. I have no issue with mobile games. I do wish though that WP8 supported Bluetooth HID though.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Just realised that I have to redo things again... :( so much for accomplishment.

this reminds me of that scene in independence day. The army is convinced that the aliens have been nuked. They start celebrating. Then... DUN...DUN...DUN...Alien spacecraft is still standing

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that's a fair comment. I've seen a lot of Civ veterans not really like Civ V. For me it was my first Civ game, so I didn't really have a basis to compare to the earlier games. I enjoy it. Used to play with my friend if he's on, also sometimes play with my uncle.

My favorite is still CIV 3. I guess I didn't like the look and feel of Civ 4 enough to get into it. I still have the CIV 3 sound track and do play it from time to time...man, those where the days...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

this reminds me of that scene in independence day. The army is convinced that the aliens have been nuked. They start celebrating. Then... DUN...DUN...DUN...Alien spacecraft is still standing

Well it wasn't quite that epic but yeah sort of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99