WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Somehow I can't really associate you with your new color...

I tried to change the color but I haven't got any tools to do so here. MS Paint isn't a fantastic editing tool. Red isn't a color I can wear in reality but it was the only graphic I could find with those words.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Have you looked at OpenOffice's Draw? It's free and has some of the features of Photoshop.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Have you looked at OpenOffice's Draw? It's free and has some of the features of Photoshop.

I picked up the avatar at work. As per usual work conditions, unless you're a graphic designer, you rarely have access to a good editor. Since my company uses IBM IT Securities they're basically against everything, especially free and to get something authorized is painful. So I'll have to sort out my avatar once I'm home.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Stupid IT Nazis

I can't even access web based email, some blogs and other sites. Forget social media sites, youtube etc. Think they'd have a meltdown.

I'm not even supposed to have a portable hard drive or USB drive. Though I sort of 'ignore' that one.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have to point out that although I agree that users can use some extra freedom on their computers, IT professionals set up computers to the lowest common denominator - idiots. The truth is when I do engineering these days, it's along those lines as well. So I can relate to their way of thinking.

It's unfortunate but that's reality.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That's a nice one. Where did you take that?

Will admit I kinda cheated - it was in the butterfly house at London Zoo. Could have got a lot more but my little girl wasn't to keen on the humidity and decided to walk back out just as I was snapping that picture which was right by the entrance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thought that butterfly seemed too tropical for here. Nice quick snap though. I got mine at the garden of manor house in Avebury.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Thought that butterfly seemed too tropical for here. Nice quick snap though. I got mine at the garden of manor house in Avebury.

Butterflies are always so difficult to get good pictures of as they are very rarely still and with wings spread open but they are one of the most beautiful creatures on the planet.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Butterflies are always so difficult to get good pictures of as they are very rarely still and with wings spread open but they are one of the most beautiful creatures on the planet.

Agree totally. I've actually read up on how to catch the best picture of a butterfly. Usually when it has just emerged from its cocoon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos