WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As much as sinime's attempts to deceive me with flowers got my morning off to a funny start, seeing that coming soon status on amber has pushed it back to neutral.

There were flowers on the beer's can ;)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Okay.... coming from a guy who has worked all his life to get over a dislike of really, really high places......

Wow. Just..... wow.

When I lived in Canada I took a trip to the Blue Mountain range. There's a mountain called Grandfather Mountain. At the top is a suspension bridge leading out to a what can only be described as a jutting rock. There's no safety barriers on that side. Not only did I cross the bridge but stood on the other side on the edge.

Here's a picture to give you an idea. It's not my pic.

averycograndfmtn.jpg

Oh the bridge is called Mile High Swaying Bridge.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

In Austria there's this waterfall. I came from the mountain and wasn't sure which path to take, the one I took led to the top of the waterfall, just going down over 50 meters. I have no problems with heights, but there I really almost **** my pants. I took pictures anyway (even though they don't show much) ;-)

As an unrelated side note: It's incredible what picture quality is possible in animation movies nowadays.

Attachments

• DSCN2628.jpg
    DSCN2628.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2633.jpg
    DSCN2633.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 0

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wish I could view your pictures at work. I can't go near a cloud drive of any sort.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wish this day would hurry up. I'm off for four days after this. I'm sure Wandering Traveler will be happy as I probably won't make it on to post much. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Do the Swiss like the salted black liccorice?

Had to look it up. It's called B?rendreck (bear dirt) here. Lakritz is another name I'd known.

I think here in Switzerland it was more popular when I was younger, I haven't seen it in ages. Personally I never liked the taste of it.

Edit: Wait a minute, I was referring to the non-salty one, I don't think you can get the salted one here, I didn't even know this exists.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster