WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Had to look it up. It's called B?rendreck (bear dirt) here. Lakritz is another name I'd known.

I think here in Switzerland it was more popular when I was younger, I haven't seen it in ages. Personally I never liked the taste of it.

The Finns are crazy about it still. As well as other EU countries. I can't stand it myself either.

The reason that made me think of it is this:

icecream.png

Yes that is salted black licorice ice cream.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The Finns are crazy about it still. As well as other EU countries. I can't stand it myself either.

The reason that made me think of it is this:

Yes that is salted black licorice ice cream.

God, that must be more terrible than mint ice cream. You won't find this in Switzerland, and the only chocolate with mint we have is "After Eight". (As far as I know, I usually don't look for it ;-) )

Must be a Swiss gene or something, I just can't eat this. Mint belongs into tea and chewing gum.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

God, that must be more terrible than mint ice cream. You won't find this in Switzerland, and the only chocolate with mint we have is "After Eight". (As far as I know, I usually don't look for it ;-) )

Must be a Swiss gene or something, I just can't eat this. Mint belongs into tea and chewing gum.

The Finns like strong flavors.

When it comes to chocolate I prefer simple myself though I can handle mint if I have to. What I can't stomach is orange in chocolate. Ewww....

I do like a chili chocolate. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

When it comes to chocolate I prefer simple myself though I can handle mint if I have to. What I can't stomach is orange in chocolate. Ewww....

I like orange in chocolate, but only acquired a taste for it recently.

I have never tasted chili in chocolate, when I see this I always think I'm not that much into nouvelle cuisine ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like orange in chocolate, but only acquired a taste for it recently.

I have never tasted chili in chocolate, when I see this I always think I'm not that much into nouvelle cuisine ;-)

You have to get the a good chili chocolate to appreciate it. If done right you get the chocolate flavor is first followed by a mild burn of the chili when it melts in your mouth.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You have to get the a good chili chocolate to appreciate it. If done right you get the chocolate flavor is first followed by a mild burn of the chili when it melts in your mouth.

Well, I'm in the country of good chocolate! ;-)

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

try Lindt Orange thins. They are delicious and the orange is not overpowering at all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

try Lindt Orange thins. They are delicious and the orange is not overpowering at all.

Can't do it. I tried several different types. I'm always left wondering why people like it so much. It destroys the taste of the chocolate.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm visiting my mother, and she lives in a city in which Lindt has one of its factories.

They have a factory shop, but I have never been there, even though I lived in the same city for a few years.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm visiting my mother, and she lives in a city in which Lindt has one of its factories.

They have a factory shop, but I have never been there, even though I lived in the same city for a few years.

Lindt chili chocolate is pretty good. I also like the sea salt chocolate.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Lindt chili chocolate is pretty good. I also like the sea salt chocolate.

See, this just doesn't work in my brain somehow. I'm organizing a barbecue tomorrow evening, and maybe I'll get a selection of mind-boggling chocolate like sea salt and chili, and if we don't like it we can at least all laugh about it ;-)

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Another good chocolate is Ghirardelli caramel and sea salt :) the salt takes away from the caramels sweetness and balances it perfectly.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The best chocolates ive ever had are from Godiva. Incredibly expensive but ive never tasted anything like them
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99