WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It is going to be over 95 degrees (35 degress celcius) for the next week until fall - like weather rolls into town next week. That will put it in the 100-120 degrees area (38-49 celsious) in my Boiler Plants where I work. Regardless of your religous preference, I need prayer to get through this miserable week. I hate the heat. Grew in Florida without AC all my life. Could care less if I ever sweat again. I will be miserable.

have I mentioned it will be hot?? And I work with Boilers???

*whine* :crying: :unhappysweat:

My like stands for I'd like to express my sympathy.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

If you want to use your tablet as a laptop replacement and you can live with the limitations of RT you might be right. But I'd buy a tablet for little things I don't want to start up my laptop, and I don't need to print anything with that...

And I'm pretty sure you can do the last thing with the iPad?

I use my tablet as a tablet, laptop replacement and home/work desktop extension. I can do double with my RT compared to what I could do with my ipad. Pricing RT at the same price as a device that's mainly used to play candy crush seems pretty reasonable to me for what it can do.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I use my tablet as a tablet, laptop replacement and home/work desktop extension. I can do double with my RT compared to what I could do with my ipad. Pricing RT at the same price as a device that's mainly used to play candy crush seems pretty reasonable to me for what it can do.

I'd buy a tablet for reading papers, using Spotify, surfing on the couch, and using a variety of apps, and those are things an iPad just does better.

The future will show if enough people get what they could do with an RT tablet and want to use it for it. Didn't really work for the Surface so far. Personally I'm not as much emotionally bound to tablets as I am to laptops and phones, because I see them as a gimmick and nothing I really need.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
There was a time when apple devices were almost out of reach for us Indian customers. Today when I go tablet shopping, apple devices are the cheapest. All the latest models are available less than 2 kms from where I live.

On the contrary, there isn't a single shop in a 200 km radius selling windows 8 tablets. They are insanely expensive - twice as expensive as apple products - and zero after sales support.

Really shows where MS is losing. I will bet on MS for mobile phones, servers, desktop computing and gaming. Tablets? Nah. I am giving a leg up to apple for a change.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

There was a time when apple devices were almost out of reach for us Indian customers. Today when I go tablet shopping, apple devices are the cheapest. All the latest models are available less than 2 kms from where I live.

On the contrary, there isn't a single shop in a 200 km radius selling windows 8 tablets. They are insanely expensive - twice as expensive as apple products - and zero after sales support.

Really shows where MS is losing. I will bet on MS for mobile phones, servers, desktop computing and gaming. Tablets? Nah. I am giving a leg up to apple for a change.
Wow, how does a company like Apple, known for overcharging, get their products in store for less than the competition?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Everyone I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I HAVEN'T BEEN ON MY LAPTOP AT ALL TODAY!!!

That is all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I, like a few other posters, actually have hope for Windows RT. If it was packaged right (lower end OS for cruising internet and doing smaller tasks) from the start, it would not have been a huge flop. A recent podcast from "Pocket Now" put it the best- it is the Kindle Fire of Windows. Simple OS for simple actions.

Okay, pricing waas stupid. But.... I still have hope for it.

I was in the same voice for that, but may end up going for a Windows 8 model instead. Sadly, it make take Nokia doing some stuff with RT to keep folks interested. MSfT has to be a little concerned as they don't want people to go RT/WP = Lumia.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It is going to be over 95 degrees (35 degress celcius) for the next week until fall - like weather rolls into town next week. That will put it in the 100-120 degrees area (38-49 celsious) in my Boiler Plants where I work. Regardless of your religous preference, I need prayer to get through this miserable week. I hate the heat. Grew in Florida without AC all my life. Could care less if I ever sweat again. I will be miserable.

have I mentioned it will be hot?? And I work with Boilers???

*whine* :crying: :unhappysweat:

I'll keep an extra cold brewksi on ice for you...

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Wow, how does a company like Apple, known for overcharging, get their products in store for less than the competition?

Apple does what dell achieved in the US. Ride on its appeal with a better supply chain.

For instance, the iPad Mini retails for 200 dollars here. The cheapest tablet of windows 8 is 300 dollars. Of course this cheapest tablet runs on the awful atom z processor which just plain s.ucks against the A5 that powers the iPad.

I was kind of hoping that RT devices would be,cheaper. Unfortunately, not a single RT device has been made available in India :(

Now that Office 365 works on the apple devices (not on the iPad, at least not yet) there really is no argument to be made for casual users to get win 8.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I had my mini BP moment with back to back to back to back to back posts. I think I need to get back to work now...sigh...

Seriously though, I wish MSFT would finally focus on better integration of people products and am hopeful they will get it right these next 2 years. They have good enough stuff on the market with WP, XboX, Skype, Office and Windows 8. But they longer they drag their feet the more the market passes them by...

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

MS has no choice but to drag its feet. They have departments within business divisions. Each working on its own without telling other divisions what they are up to. Windowsphone is a neglected child in his own house :(

I have high hopes for the recent reorganization that happened at MS. 🏂

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I had my mini BP moment with back to back to back to back to back posts. I think I need to get back to work now...sigh...

Seriously though, I wish MSFT would finally focus on better integration of people products and am hopeful they will get it right these next 2 years. They have good enough stuff on the market with WP, XboX, Skype, Office and Windows 8. But they longer they drag their feet the more the market passes them by...

The best kind of moments! :wink:

Microsoft needs an all MIGHTY KICK UP THE BACK SIDE!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb