WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Looks like I'm getting a refund not headphones. Microsoft won't let customers pick up package at UPS site. Oh well, they lost a sale, due to their policy.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Looks like I'm getting a refund not headphones. Microsoft won't let customers pick up package at UPS site. Oh well, they lost a sale, due to their policy.

That a bad policy to have, other companies amazon for one let you pick up the good. Well they lost a sale.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

No GDR2 start banging head on wall, why is it taking so long?!

When I eventually get GDR2 it will be Windows Phone 9......

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No GDR2 start banging head on wall, why is it taking so long?!

When I eventually get GDR2 it will be Windows Phone 9......

You want real frustrations, own a 810...where t-mo holds you by the balls and can decide the fate of pushing updates.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ask T-Monile very kindly can you unlock the device so that I can get updates like everyone else.

Um, BP...its a CARRIER VARIANT...which means that the carrier has the finally say on what firmware gets pushed out, not Nokia in this case. Being SIM card unlocked doesn't do a damn thing to change that. It's not like with your 920 where you can flash the dev ROM and move on.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Um, BP...its a CARRIER VARIANT...which means that the carrier has the finally say on what firmware gets pushed out, not Nokia in this case. Being SIM card unlocked doesn't do a damn thing to change that. It's not like with your 920 where you can flash the dev ROM and move on.

Oh that not good news, I never had to deal with such a thing, I pay for unlocked full price of the device.

Well I now understand your never getting an update until you upgrade.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well I'm going soon got to be up tomorrow for a package, I let you guess what it is until it comes!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

...and we're back up and running.. just need to DL some updates! 53 to be exact.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh that not good news, I never had to deal with such a thing, I pay for unlocked full price of the device.

Well I now understand your never getting an update until you upgrade.

Sigh...here's the thing though. You're very rarely buying a carrier variant. You're buying an international model set up to work with your carrier. Big difference. In the US, it is a carrier variant paradise...for the carriers anyways. That's the system here. For example, t-mo went to Nokia and said "we want our own version of the 820". So Nokia designed something changed a few radios and came up wth the 810. Because it is ultimately a carrier variant, it doesn't matter whether you buy it full price and they SIM unlock it, or on contract, t-mo - not Nokia - has the final say on updates.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Sigh...here's the thing though. You're very rarely buying a carrier variant. You're buying an international model set up to work with your carrier. Big difference. In the US, it is a carrier variant paradise...for the carriers anyways. That's the system here. For example, t-mo went to Nokia and said "we want our own version of the 820". So Nokia designed something changed a few radios and came up wth the 810. Because it is ultimately a carrier variant, it doesn't matter whether you buy it full price and they SIM unlock it, or on contract, t-mo - not Nokia - has the final say on updates.

That crap!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

In the random TV department.... Here in the US, my Son and I are huge "The Glades" fans. We watched the season finale tonight. He is trying to solve a murder at the same time he is trying to get ready for a wedding they have been building up to all season. He has bought a dreamhouse for his woman... my Son and I are betting on how this is gonna end, knowing something is going to go wrong..... it is that kind of show.... and .....*spoiler alert*.......... He gets shot down. Mysteriously. Ooooooooo.......

Okay, we were not betting on that one.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

To all the cat owners out there:

Do you have an orange tabby?? And is he as stupid, clumsy, and into things as ours is? Found the stupid moron inside our oven, in our dryer, stuck in the attic, on our neighbors roof, squeezing into cabinets.....

My daughter says he has super powers, but uses them not for good or evil, but for stupid.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786