WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Is it a good sign when you apply for a job and they call you back within 2 hours? Also - what's the consensus on how far is the maximum commute in a car?

I think that depends on what they told you?

For me personally a distance up to 70 km I can live with. Under 30 minutes would be better. Both counted for one way. For the job I begin next week I'll have less than 10 minutes by bike, that's perfect ;-)

I'm going to meet my brother now. Have a good lunch everybody!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Nearer is better but this job is good experience of rebranding a company for a month and it's about an hour's commute. They rang to check my salary expectancy and the commute distance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nearer is better but this job is good experience of rebranding a company for a month and it's about an hour's commute. They rang to check my salary expectancy and the commute distance.

You're in the Midlands are you not? Which direction is your commute? North, south, east or west?

Personally if they pay you well I'd just go for it. :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I'm in the midlands. They want me to commute south to Meriden, between Birmingham and Coventry.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I'm in the midlands. They want me to commute south to Meriden, between Birmingham and Coventry.

That could be a pain if the traffic is bad, unless you can get a train. Still if the experience is worth it and the pay is good I'd go for it. You're next job after that could be even better. :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I've just worked out that it could cost me about ?16 a day to commute. That's about 2 hours work to cover the daily commute. Hmm.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The quoted pay is between ?9-15 an hour, so assuming the minimum it's just under 2 hours a day to get the commute fee back.

Aim high. Don't ever settle for the low end. Put yourself in the middle range at the very least.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking for somewhere closing to home or at a previous place I volunteered at for 2 years and I want to leave the place the manger and I don't see eye to eye.

Where area of the UK are you in? What area of IT?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I should be getting at least ?15,000 a year...

But I'm only above minimum, Muessig get me a job at your place! :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12