WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Everything was just handled much better by Windows Live Mail in my case. But that doesn't support Exchange.

But maybe my account situation is just too complicated: I have on Live account without mail address for contacts and appointments. I have one personal mail address which I access by IMAP. Then I have two Exchange accounts, which I had only temporary so I didn't want to use them for contacts and appointments and accessed therefore also by IMAP. Works perfectly with Windows Live Mail, couldn't make it work with Office 2013.

Now I would use an Exchange account as main account, and just the personal mail address over IMAP. I think even Outlook 2013 could handle that.

I'm sure it will be fine. :) I haven't tried multiple accounts thoroughly with 2013. I have to upgrade my wife's Outlook to give it a try. She's got a few email accounts. I only have an outlook.com account.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure it will be fine. :) I haven tried multiple accounts thoroughly with 2013. I have to upgrade my wife's Outlook to give it a try. She's got a few email accounts. I only have an outlook.com account.

I think I remembered wrongly. I migrated a few weeks after that everything to Windows Live. When I bought Outlook 2013 I still used one Exchange account. Outlook 2013 just defined this as standard then, and didn't integrate the Windows Live data directly, it was always in a different register. And there was no way to always use Live as standard, I was able to set it as standard to some extend, but it still put the (empty) Exchange contacts first. I think that was the main problem.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think I remembered wrongly. I migrated a few weeks after that everything to Windows Live. When I bought Outlook 2013 I still used one Exchange account. Outlook 2013 just defined this as standard then, and didn't integrate the Windows Live data directly, it was always in a different register. And there was no way to always use Live as standard, I was able to set it as standard to some extend, but it still put the (empty) Exchange contacts first. I think that was the main problem.

I've always used my Live account as default since 2007. I would find that a big odd that it would have changed in 2013. I know that when I set up 2013 there was no issue. Then again, I never used exchange and a Live account at the same time. I've been using Outlook since 2003 as my mail at home. I like it a lot and I know to some people it's an overkill but I like it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've always used my Live account as default since 2007. I would find that a big odd that it would have changed in 2013. I know that when I set up 2013 there was no issue. Then again, I never used exchange and a Live account at the same time. I've been using Outlook since 2003 as my mail at home. I like it a lot and I know to some people it's an overkill but I like it.

I used Outlook up to Office 2007. Then I bought Office 2010 and found Windows Live Mail sufficient for all my needs. But... heck, I'll just buy it again. I hope Microsoft won't tell me: "A few months ago you wanted your money back, and now you're coming crawling back on your knees?!"

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I used Outlook up to Office 2007. Then I bought Office 2010 and found Windows Live Mail sufficient for all my needs. But... heck, I'll just buy it again. I hope Microsoft won't tell me: "A few months ago you wanted your money back, and now you're coming crawling back on your knees?!"

I think they'll just be happy to have the money! :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not much of a code person :p I know HTML and I know some Javascript but I can't program.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We have stalled again folks. Don't worry the crews are coming to get us and we'll be up and running in no time!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'll get 12 months of Xbox Live Gold with Office. Is that any good without an Xbox?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Okay.... I go to sleep, wake up, and there are 5 PAGES of new posts on this thing. I feel so ..... left behind.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

First off- to all "universe is 3D or 4D" conversation..... I think this reality is all a dream of a 2D giant in Rainbow World anyways. So, as I can't prove it, I vote we are living in LTED. 3D and 4D is just too slow.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Don't worry, I don't own an Xbox either and don't plan to own one so it's useless to me too.

But I decided to wait with buying office until I have started at the new place and after I bought my new laptop. That makes probably the most sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium