WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

They're still a pain in the ***. My wife has a Sony Viao and though it's a nice machine, the speakers are crap and until recently they didn't update their driver for the SD card on the machine for W8. It appears to be working now. I was using another driver to get around the issue. They also appeared uninterested in updating their drivers either for 'older' machines, we're talking less than 2 years old. So I personally wouldn't recommend a Sony Viao, over priced and not really worth it. Having said that, I have a HP Envy and it's crap as well so I'm at a loss as to what to recommend to people these days. Laptops don't impress me anymore.

ASUS come join the ASUS laptop group today!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I would never buy one of their laptops, i hate the Sony VAIO's.

It's incredible what I payed for this laptop. It war around 10 years ago, and it cost 3000 Swiss Francs. For that you get the 512 GB, 16 GB, 2.7 GHz, 15 inch Macbook Pro nowadays...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's incredible what I payed for this laptop. It war around 10 years ago, and it cost 3000 Swiss Francs. For that you get the 512 GB, 16 GB, 2.7 GHz, 15 inch Macbook Pro nowadays...

They're still overpriced for what you get.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I bought a Sony camera and a Sony laptop back in the days they forced their own standards on everybody. This got so annoying after a while, super expensive memory cards with no advantage, no standard USB cords, no standard-drivers for the camera on Windows, no SD slot in this very, very expensive laptop... back then I swore to never buy a Sony device again.

But I think nowadays it isn't as bad anymore.

I had 3 Playstations, 2 Playstation 2's, a Vaio laptop, a Sony TV and sony headphones. All of them broke within two weeks of the warranty expiring. Sony will never again have any of my money.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm from back of a white van?

More like a small van with "Free Candy" written on the back. :p

It actually came in shrink wrap with the complete box, they still work, but i don't know how much longer they'll last knowing Beats. :)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
More like a small van with "Free Candy" written on the back. :p

It actually came in shrink wrap with the complete box, they still work, but i don't know how much longer they'll last knowing Beats. :)

Not long saw a video of someone taking them apart, the driver were kept on with cello tape. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If I buy a Windows laptop next month, it will most likely be this one:

https://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2.aspx?Reiter=Details&Artikel=276433

If I decide a Mac computer makes more sense, I most likely will wait for the Haswell refresh of the MacBook Pro 13.

I've never been a big fan of Acer though I know they've come a long way since they began. I'd go for an Asus personally. I need to investigate my options when the time comes. Won't be for another year or so for the next one. That's of course if the HP doesn't break again.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've never been a big fan of Acer though I know they've come a long way since they began. I'd go for an Asus personally. I need to investigate my options when the time comes. Won't be for another year or so for the next one. That's of course if the HP doesn't break again.

The Asus Haswell options are at the moment limited to none.

But I guess I should wait for the Macbook Pro refresh anyway and see what happens with the competition.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The Asus Haswell options are at the moment limited to none.

But I guess I should wait for the Macbook Pro refresh anyway and see what happens with the competition.

The Asus Zenbook is the only one I could find with Haswell. I'm having difficulty with the Asus site here at work so can't really investigate things too well. Very frustrating!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can't believe how long it's taking for Amber/GDR2 to get to us. Sigh. I go and look at the EU site and all I see is a 'Waiting for approval' so this means the operators are holding it back at the moment. Howe nice of them. How long does it take to approve something?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm impressed with the fact that ASUS has a $400 touch screen laptop down here!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I can't believe how long it's taking for Amber/GDR2 to get to us. Sigh. I go and look at the EU site and all I see is a 'Waiting for approval' so this means the operators are holding it back at the moment. Howe nice of them. How long does it take to approve something?

Better than Australia, I have no idea when it will come down here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss