WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It is quite amazing, I will upload a picture later. At the moment I am taking shelter halfway to the university...

Look forward to the pick. There's was a bad storm I was racing against one time in Australia. I wish I had a camera at the time it was something to see.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Healing tattoos in your elbow ditch sucks!!!! Still can't wait to keep going.

Who else has a tattoo obsession?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah ive got a few - really want to get my back finished off but im looking at around ?600 and probably 12 hours in the chair. Already have a large one that covers most of my back but just had ideas to add to it and make it a complete back piece.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Look forward to the pick. There's was a bad storm I was racing against one time in Australia. I wish I had a camera at the time it was something to see.

I really thought the rain would go away soon, because the sky was rather bright, but after a while I gave up and just arrived soaked ;-)

Attachments

• WP_20130828_001.jpg
    WP_20130828_001.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 2

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I would like to have a tattoo. But I could never decide what to get. When I think back, most of the things I found great 10 years ago, I don't like very much anymore. So if I extrapolate that to the future, it's safer for me to get no tattoo ;-)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Today is acting like another Monday... At least there is a 3 day weekend coming :grin:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah ive got a few - really want to get my back finished off but im looking at around ?600 and probably 12 hours in the chair. Already have a large one that covers most of my back but just had ideas to add to it and make it a complete back piece.

My only issues with regards to a tattoo for myself is that I would have no idea what I would like to have for the rest of my life. My taste changes too much!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

My only issues with regards to a tattoo for myself is that I would have no idea what I would like to have for the rest of my life. My taste changes too much!

Every tattoo I have from the back piece to the small symbol on my chest near my heart has a meaning from a point in my life - I got all my tattoos as they mean something to me at the time that I got them. I see a lot of people with random tattoos and when I ask them why they picked it a lot of the time they cant give an answer.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Every tattoo I have from the back piece to the small symbol on my chest near my heart has a meaning from a point in my life - I got all my tattoos as they mean something to me at the time that I got them. I see a lot of people with random tattoos and when I ask them why they picked it a lot of the time they cant give an answer.

See that makes sense to me. However I can't think of instances where getting one would have meant something to me. I guess that's the difference.

I guess the other bit is do I really want to remember some of those things permanently like that!

Now what would be interesting is if I could tattoo the flag of every country I've visited so far. That would be painful but then I would have to keep adding them! I could just keep it to citizenship I guess. Then I'll only have three, eventually.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

See that makes sense to me. However I can't think of instances where getting one would have meant something to me. I guess that's the difference.

I guess the other bit is do I really want to remember some of those things permanently like that!

Now what would be interesting is if I could tattoo the flag of every country I've visited so far. That would be painful but then I would have to keep adding them! I could just keep it to citizenship I guess. Then I'll only have three, eventually.

I wouldn't know what moments to carry on my skin my entire life. I think what I could imagine the most would be the names of children (which I don't expect to get in the next few years).

Swiss people are grown to modest to tattoo something like a great graduation, and, as an other example, I carry the people gone in my heart, not on my skin.

I know someone who told me about a friend who has a world map tattoo. Whenever this person visits a country, the area gets filled with a color.

Totally unrelated, have you ever been to Switzerland?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My hope is to do a driving trip through Europe one year. Possibly next. I also haven't set foot on Africa, Central American and South America yet. I don't have plans for Antarctic.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Not yet but it's on the list of places to visit. :) I'm only up to 20 countries at the moment. Need to visit a few more. :)

I have never thought about how many countries I have visited. Let me open a map and start counting ;-)

USA, Ireland, UK (England and Scottland, I haven't been to Wales yet), Spain, Morocco, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Lichtenstein. Do the Vatican and Monaco count? ;-)

In December I'll add Norway to the list. It's very Europe focused, mostly because there is so much to see and traveling isn't too expensive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786