WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have never thought about how many countries I have visited. Let me open a map and start counting ;-)

USA, Ireland, UK (England and Scottland, I haven't been to Wales yet), Spain, Morocco, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Lichtenstein. Do the Vatican and Monaco count? ;-)

In December I'll add Norway to the list. It's very Europe focused, mostly because there is so much to see and traveling isn't too expensive.

The only reason I know the number is due to an app on Facebook.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have. 3 different places, 3 Christmases in a row - Lausanne, Lucerne and Geneva.

I have never been to Geneva, I have been to the motor show and landed at the Geneva air port once. But I have never been to the city. I also have never visited Lausanne. So you know Switzerland better than I do :D

I have studied near Lucerne though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have never thought about how many countries I have visited. Let me open a map and start counting ;-)

USA, Ireland, UK (England and Scottland, I haven't been to Wales yet), Spain, Morocco, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Lichtenstein. Do the Vatican and Monaco count? ;-)

In December I'll add Norway to the list. It's very Europe focused, mostly because there is so much to see and traveling isn't too expensive.

I count any country that I actually set foot in, not airports, if I did my number would be larger than it is.

I'm not surprised your's is EU centric as mine will be more and more. It's very easy to visit many countries in a short amount of time.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

No not skiing just for a Christmas break - my parents got bored of Christmas at home so we went to different places every year in Europe for a week long break. Lucerne was actually an accident as when my father booked it he got it mixed up with Lausanne as the are both next to lakes. Hence the following year we went to Lausanne and did a trip to Geneva so that ended up being the destination for the following year. Did a couple of Christmases in the Tirol in Austria by which point I was 16 and a bit too old to be going on Christmas holidays with the parents so missed out the following year.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So you know Switzerland better than I do :D

It's funny. When it's your own country you tend not to visit too many places. I haven't seen much of Canada for example. I saw lots of Australia, UK and Finland and usually when I talk to residents in those countries they're always shocked by how much I've seen.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Where do you recommend going in Switzerland, where should I start?

Zurich is a nice city with a lot to see. Lucerne also, Lucerne is very touristic though. Basel is worth a look, some areas have a nice atmosphere. And of course Berne is beautiful too. Very famous and touristic is of course the area of Interlaken with the beautiful lakes and all the mountains. For the two French cities you'd have to ask Martin MC :)

In general, it's beautiful everywhere in the alps.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I count any country that I actually set foot in, not airports, if I did my number would be larger than it is.

I'm not surprised your's is EU centric as mine will be more and more. It's very easy to visit many countries in a short amount of time.

Yes, that are countries I have really been to and traveled. You can randomly pick one and I'll tell you a great story about my time there :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No not skiing just for a Christmas break - my parents got bored of Christmas at home so we went to different places every year in Europe for a week long break. Lucerne was actually an accident as when my father booked it he got it mixed up with Lausanne as the are both next to lakes. Hence the following year we went to Lausanne and did a trip to Geneva so that ended up being the destination for the following year. Did a couple of Christmases in the Tirol in Austria by which point I was 16 and a bit too old to be going on Christmas holidays with the parents so missed out the following year.

I went to Vanuatu for Christmas once. When I was younger I never traveled much. I'm was up until my mother came to visit last year to have traveled overseas in my whole family. Not counting my great grand parents who traveled from the UK after WWI.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

. Very famous and touristic is of course the area of Interlaken with the beautiful lakes and all the mountains.

Interlaken is really beautiful.
Last year, I stayed a week at Interlaken and took a day trip to a different place each day.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Zurich is a nice city with a lot to see. Lucerne also, Lucerne is very touristic though. Basel is worth a look, some areas have a nice atmosphere. And of course Berne is beautiful too. Very famous and touristic is of course the area of Interlaken with the beautiful lakes and all the mountains. For the two French cities you'd have to ask Martin MC :)

I'll have to look into this more. I don't know much about Switzerland at all. I know of the two main cities and the mountains but never investigated the towns much.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

To be honest all I can remember of all three places was how clean they were compared to London as it was over 20 years ago. I do remember both the lakes as well, shops selling cuckoo clocks, swiss army knives and chocolate. I actually did a school project on Switzerland so that would have made me 8 or 9 the last time I was there. Think I might have to do a long weekend in Lausanne or Lucerne just to refresh my memory now were talking about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750