WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

First I called my insurance advisor. This went perfectly, I had all the relevant information ready and he was able to do what I needed in no time. With a good feeling about myself and the world I walked down to city hall. After I entered, the woman there asked me what I needed, and I had a total blank. I tried to explain it and after she got it, she told me I need something entirely different than what I initially asked for. She gave it to me then to proof read the information, and I saw that the document is only valid for 2 days. She told me then that it is 2 days and a year... After that I wanted to exit the room through the same door I came in, but it was a one way door. All my confidence was destroyed ;-)

But I think now I have everything done I had to do. That means I have 3 days with nothing to do until my PhD starts. At least it's something...

While walking down, somebody of a company I worked for during my master called me. I was afraid I forgot something or something from back then came up, but they just asked me if I could work for them again.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It cant be any worse than the Health & Safety in the UK. They've made life so boring for everyone.

Funny thing is, when I watch home improvement shows in the country, no one appears to wear safety glasses, what's with that? In Australia, hell, even Canada, you'd be kicked off site without protective gear.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

First I called my insurance advisor. This went perfectly, I had all the relevant information ready and he was able to do what I needed in no time. With a good feeling about myself and the world I walked down to city hall. After I entered, the woman there asked me what I needed, and I had a total blank. I tried to explain it and after she got it, she told me I need something entirely different than what I initially asked for. She gave it to me then to proof read the information, and I saw that the document is only valid for 2 days. She told me then that it is 2 days and a year... After that I wanted to exit the room through the same door I came in, but it was a one way door. All my confidence was destroyed ;-)

But I think now I have everything done I had to do. That means I have 3 days with nothing to do until my PhD starts. At least it's something...

While walking down, somebody of a company I worked for during my master called me. I was afraid I forgot something or something from back then came up, but they just asked me if I could work for them again.

So mini vacation and a job offer. Good day indeed.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Crap, I may have messed up... Planning to switch carriers at the end of the month and thought I'd go ahead and get my phones unlocked... anyhow, didn't read up on it and now I have the unlock codes, but apparently I have to insert a SIM from another carrier in order to get the option to enter the unlock codes and I have 10 days to do it :( most friends are on ATT, Sprint and Verizon, so I may have an issue borrowing a SIM

Is there any other way to go about unlocking an ATT device while still using an ATT SIM?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Funny thing is, when I watch home improvement shows in the country, no one appears to wear safety glasses, what's with that? In Australia, hell, even Canada, you'd be kicked off site without protective gear.

Think that's just for TV - all the sites I have worked on you aren't allowed to take the glasses off until you are off site or you get thrown off.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Don't read too much - this thread changes direction so many times in a day you may as well just look at the page you are on. Although the underlying theme of the 4470 odd posts is cake.

Ok better yet every time I come to this thread its something very intellectual or out of my expertise :p but you all are still funny :D

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't think they've done that, besides I think it would be the other way around...

Its definitely a glowing endorsement for the 1020 for sure - shown it to a few of my photographer friends today 3 of the 5 said they already have the 1020 on order

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just think advertising and content should be kept strictly apart. And here it doesn't seem so...

I guess you're right to some extent. But you could say anytime they talk about a type of camera they're 'advertising it'.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I guess you're right to some extent. But you could say anytime they talk about a type of camera they're 'advertising it'.

I don't mind the special "look at our fancy 1020 pictures"-section on the web page. I have more problems with this:

These photos will also appear in the 125[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary Photography Edition of the National Geographic.

But I'll judge it when I get the magazine in my mail. If they don't advertise it especially and there are good reasons for the pictures to be in this anniversary edition, I won't mind.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Headed off to orientation. Looks like I may end up missing the free meet and greet lunch. Sigh...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ok better yet every time I come to this thread its something very intellectual or out of my expertise :p but you all are still funny :D

Lol. Don't stress that too much. This thread does have a very mature feel to it...having grown up around many mature folks growing up, just kick back, enjoy, learn a few things, and comment where you feel appropriate. You're doing just fine and your posts are just as valid as all the other stuff here. 👍

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But I'll judge it when I get the magazine in my mail. If they don't advertise it especially and there are good reasons for the pictures to be in this anniversary edition, I won't mind.

They are nice pictures. :) I see it more as a tribute to technology and how far we've come. It wouldn't matter if it was another phone maker to me. I just think it's neat.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Currently at Southport walking up and down the pier. Not bad weather either. If only it was near sunset I could take some pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo