WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

They are nice pictures. :) I see it more as a tribute to technology and how far we've come. It wouldn't matter if it was another phone maker to me. I just think it's neat.

Are these pictures great enough to count to the best in the past 125 years? There are some really great pictures in National Geographic, which not only excel from a technical point of view, but also deliver a deeper meaning.

Grand Canyon is very nice to look at, but there is no real substance or relevance to it.

But again, we will see how it plays out :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Big city travel life...miss your NJ transit train by 10 mins, be late by an hour. Sigh.

I travel the opposite direction to most people in the morning so the train isn't as frequent. I miss my train I'm late by 30mins. My train ride is just over 12min. So know how you feel.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Are these pictures great enough to count to the best in the past 125 years? There are some really great pictures in National Geographic, which not only excel from a technical point of view, but also deliver a deeper meaning.

Grand Canyon is very nice to look at, but there is no real substance or relevance to it.

But again, we will see how it plays out :)

I see your point. I was just talking about from a technology aspect. I guess I'm not as into photography. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Crap, I may have messed up... Planning to switch carriers at the end of the month and thought I'd go ahead and get my phones unlocked... anyhow, didn't read up on it and now I have the unlock codes, but apparently I have to insert a SIM from another carrier in order to get the option to enter the unlock codes and I have 10 days to do it :( most friends are on ATT, Sprint and Verizon, so I may have an issue borrowing a SIM

Is there any other way to go about unlocking an ATT device while still using an ATT SIM?

get a used t-mo, h2o, or simple mobile SIM.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I travel the opposite direction to most people in the morning so the train isn't as frequent. I miss my train I'm late by 30mins. My train ride is just over 12min. So know how you feel.

Well, I have myself to blame...spent the night by the ex...traveled home in rush hour and had only an hour to change and get on the bus...the travel windows were too tight, even by my standards. Will still try and pass by the free lunch though but I may be better off just going straight to orientation.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Crap, I may have messed up... Planning to switch carriers at the end of the month and thought I'd go ahead and get my phones unlocked... anyhow, didn't read up on it and now I have the unlock codes, but apparently I have to insert a SIM from another carrier in order to get the option to enter the unlock codes and I have 10 days to do it :( most friends are on ATT, Sprint and Verizon, so I may have an issue borrowing a SIM

Is there any other way to go about unlocking an ATT device while still using an ATT SIM?

Seems a bit odd that you only have 10 days. I thought there was no time limit unless it's something special to do with ATT? I'd assume that any carrier SIM would work.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Finally got GDR2 on my VZW 8X. It actually feels nicer than what's on my Lumia 810. Now I just need to order the repair parts online this weekend and then get it fully up and running...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Seems a bit odd that you only have 10 days. I thought there was no time limit unless it's something special to do with ATT? I'd assume that any carrier SIM would work.

It sounds like a stunt that AT&T would pull indeed. If worse comes to worse, I can mail out a used t-mo SIM, as I have too many at home. He just needs to cut it and it should work.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, emergency averted... was reading too fast on my phone... I only have 10 tries to unlock the device, not 10 days... So I guess I can sit on the codes till the end of the month.

Going to have to get the wife to log in and see if we can match up the codes to the proper phones... we unlocked (2) 900's and (2) 920's, but the emails didnt' state which code belongs to which IMEI

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, emergency averted... was reading too fast on my phone... I only have 10 tries to unlock the device, not 10 days... So I guess I can sit on the codes till the end of the month.

Going to have to get the wife to log in and see if we can match up the codes to the proper phones... we unlocked (2) 900's and (2) 920's, but the emails didnt' state which code belongs to which IMEI

When you said 10, that's the first thing I thought about. That's what I got in the email to unlock my phone. There was no time limit for it just tries.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Something I've not just noticed about WP8 but its a feature I have just decided is inherently awesome and thought I should share with you all.

Screen scroll speed - if you give the screen a light flick all your tiles leisurely scroll away, make the flick a bit harder and the speed increases.

Yes, I am easily pleased.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Something I've not just noticed about WP8 but its a feature I have just decided is inherently awesome and thought I should share with you all.

Screen scroll speed - if you give the screen a light flick all your tiles leisurely scroll away, make the flick a bit harder and the speed increases.

Yes, I am easily pleased.

I don't have that many tiles so the effect is not as great.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't have that many tiles so the effect is not as great.

I haven't got loads either - 4 full screens worth which I don't consider a lot as most of the a large or double wide tiles. I just find it a nice design decision.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Two stops away from my school's main campus on a cloudy and likely rainy day. Never ceases to be humbling passing through neighborhoods and seeing how the look of each is based on socioeconomics...

Do I get brownie points for being in the sub group of posters here who has read every post on this thread?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Do I get brownie points for being in the sub group of posters here who has read every post on this thread?

You can have CAKE. At your own expense of course. :)

I haven't read every post I must admit. Though I have tried.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I haven't got loads either - 4 full screens worth which I don't consider a lot as most of the a large or double wide tiles. I just find it a nice design decision.

I think it would be very awkward if it weren't like this. Imagine you want access one row which is just not on the display anymore, and the scrolling would always be very fast. Or the other way around, when you have a lot of tiles and want to access one very far down and scrolling would be very slow.

By adapting the speed to the speed of the finger, we intuitively do it in the right speed for what we want to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo