WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

IT pays well it just that I'm on a rubbish wage, I'm just a little bit above minimum wage.

A normal IT Technician can get ?15,000 to ?20,000.

Yeah - you need to change industries - I paid more than ?15K in tax last year.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah - you need to change industries - I paid more than ?15K in tax last year.

I think I was around that or more... I wasn't very good at reducing my taxes. :p In Australia my taxes were ridiculous but I didn't run a company there. I think I paid around $1000 a week or something. I'd have to look at an old payslip.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I think I was around that or more... I wasn't very good at reducing my taxes. :p In Australia my taxes were ridiculous but I didn't run a company there. I think I paid around $1000 a week or something. I'd have to look at an old payslip.

I wish I worked in Dubai when I was given the opportunity. No taxes and no expenses.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wish I worked in Dubai when I was given the opportunity. No taxes and no expenses.

Yeah I bet it would have been great but stressful at the same time. I've had some good runs so I can't really complain. Unfortunately at this stage that appears to be over. I'll keep my options open however. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't want to live in London knowing that it cheaper up north.

Depends on your preferences and desires. Down here there's simply more opportunity and people willing to pay you more. The only real price difference is rents or property. Everything else is the same. I can say that because I lived up where you were.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I bet it would have been great but stressful at the same time. I've had some good runs so I can't really complain. Unfortunately at this stage that appears to be over. I'll keep my options open however. :)

Yeah was just bad timing when the offer came through - 2 year contract, tax free earnings and all living and travel expenses paid for. My then girlfriend had just given birth to our daughter so wasn't a viable option.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah was just bad timing when the offer came through - 2 year contract, tax free earnings and all living and travel expenses paid for. My then girlfriend had just given birth to our daughter so wasn't a viable option.

Ah. That is bad timing. You couldn't even take your girlfriend and daughter with you as I believe that's frowned upon there. You would have had to be married.

Oh well. When I was in Australia there were some good contract deals but they all disappeared after the financial crash and now I think things are slowing down again down there so it will probably vanish completely. Here in the UK there's nothing special going on and no packages of any sort. I've also gone staff as I can't be bothered with running a company and we're looking to purchase a home hopefully next year or sometime in the near future.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Ah. That is bad timing. You couldn't even take your girlfriend and daughter with you as I believe that's frowned upon there. You would have had to be married.

Oh well. When I was in Australia there were some good contract deals but they all disappeared after the financial crash and now I think things are slowing down again down there so it will probably vanish completely. Here in the UK there's nothing special going on and no packages of any sort. I've also gone staff as I can't be bothered with running a company and we're looking to purchase a home hopefully next year or sometime in the near future.

Yeah - kids out of marriage is a big no no out there. I have had offers for work in Australia the last couple of years as well - just relocating out there never appealed to me. I was staff previously but have gone back to contracting for the last year and a bit. Although Im running through an umbrella company so for all intents and purposes I am classed as staff - get all my taxes and everything paid for me but get the benefits of contractors wages. I really haven't got the financial discipline to run my own company.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well basically end of the work day here. Sun is still out and the sky is blue. All good things. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah - kids out of marriage is a big no no out there. I have had offers for work in Australia the last couple of years as well - just relocating out there never appealed to me. I was staff previously but have gone back to contracting for the last year and a bit. Although Im running through an umbrella company so for all intents and purposes I am classed as staff - get all my taxes and everything paid for me but get the benefits of contractors wages. I really haven't got the financial discipline to run my own company.

I enjoyed Australia when I lived there. It depends where you live and what you plan to do while you're there. I miss some aspects of living there but not enough to keep me there. It's good to go for a short spell but you probably wouldn't want to stay there. Australia sort of lacks some things.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Depends on your preferences and desires. Down here there's simply more opportunity and people willing to pay you more. The only real price difference is rents or property. Everything else is the same. I can say that because I lived up where you were.

I paid ?4.50 to ?5 for burger and chips, up north it ?3.50! :p

I love food!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss