WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MS just bought/about to buy the part of Nokia that matters the most. Perhaps, now, they will find a way of selling some windows tablets in India.
I'm sure they will sell a lot more Windows tablets in all countries. I expect Nokia-built tablets to be better in terms of both hardware and software than the Surface tablets.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure they will sell a lot more Windows tablets in all countries. I expect Nokia-built tablets to be better in terms of both hardware and software than the Surface tablets.

I doubt Nokia will make a pro version though... Or have they announced something?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

After this surprise (I am really surprised, I don't care very much, I am just really surprised, let's see how the already weak alternatives of Windows Phone from other manufacturers will be influenced...) I went to have my morning yogurt, and what happens? I let it fall and of course it spills over the entire floor.

On a side note, do you know why we Swiss people can't buy a good yogurt abroad? It just doesn't exist. And this is because in Switzerland, milk protein is artificially added to every yogurt. In the EU this wouldn't be allowed to be sold as yogurt, it would have to be a "yogurt product" (this doesn't translate well).

So, if you ever come to Switzerland, eat a yogurt for the unique taste. I'd recommend a Coop naturaplan yogurt, they are the best.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

After this surprise (I am really surprised, I don't care very much, I am just really surprised, let's see how the already weak alternatives of Windows Phone from other Manufacturers will be influenced...) I went to have my morning yogurt, and what happens? I let it fall and of course it spills over the entire floor.

On a side note, do you know why we Swiss people can't buy a good yogurt abroad? It just doesn't exist. And this is because in Switzerland, milk protein is artificially added to every yogurt. In the EU this wouldn't be allowed to be sold as yogurt, it would have to be a "yogurt product" (this doesn't translate well).

So, if you ever come to Switzerland, eat a yogurt for the unique taste. I'd recommend a Coop naturaplan yogurt, they are the best.
I like Greek yogurt. Strained yogurt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

I hope the Nokia branding wont get the shaft on future phones. I like my NOKIA logo on the right corner.

THIS IS NOKIA!!!!!! is a lot more cooler than THIS IS MICROSOFT!!!!!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I hope the Nokia branding wont get the shaft on future phones. I like my NOKIA logo on the right corner.

THIS IS NOKIA!!!!!! is a lot more cooler than THIS IS MICROSOFT!!!!!

I think the brand Nokia has still a high value, certainly a higher value than Microsoft with mobile devices. I would find it strange if they just let it die. But I don't know.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've never been to Greece either, but those brands that are listed as being sold in US are my favourites.

Yes, I have seen the product in a lot of places, I just remembered that I have never been to Greece, it's not really connected. That's just how my brain rolls ;-)

Gotta go, or I'll be late for work!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So MS buys Nokia, let the conspiracy theorist rejoice! :p

I find it amusing some of the wording on WPC articles, "The tech world is reeling at the news..." Really? Is anybody really surprised that MS bought Nokia? There were a lot of people saying at the front end when Nokia went straight to WP that this was where it was heading. I guess short memories.

I just hope this won't be like the Google acquisition of Motorola.

Anyway, I'll leave it there cause I really don't care much. Fix the WP OS so it satisfies as many people as possible and keep the products top quality and you'll have happy customers. Fail at any of those and WP will sink.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Good morning N_LaRue. I'm already seeing the trojan horse story come to the fold. Think I've read enough for this morning already.

Time for some oatmeal!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good morning N_LaRue. I'm already seeing the trojan horse story come to the fold. Think I've read enough for this morning already.

Time for some oatmeal!!

Well it's not so much a trojan horse story as something I read a few years back . It was the main conspiracy theory of the time that Nokia will eventually be sold to MS. So, I'm not surprised.

Edit: I see what you mean by trojan horse now. Sorry didn't understand before.

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

In other news I could care less about, Lady Gaga is performing again. :p

News?? I only ever quick scan through the headlines nowadays, I don't care who's sleeping with who, who's at war with who, who said what to who.

Im only looking for one headline.

Dead Rise From Grave. Zombie Apocalypse Begins.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Although that's not entirely true. Im also looking for.

Xbox One Release Date Revealed.

As long as that comes before the zombie apocalypse im a perfectly happy human being

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs