WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, at least the guy who could connect my personal computer to the network and install the new computer I should get soon is away.

I'll just draw my science into a coloring book. Well actually it is a good thing, allows me to have a slow start ;-)

When I contracted in Australia, IT was always the slow bit. I would arrive on the start day and basically spend the whole day doing nothing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, i've been heavily considering a portable Hard Drive to replace the 8 USB's i have!

I have USB drives for one purpose only, to use in situations where I don't want people having access to my portable hard drive. I have about four I think ranging from 1gig to 16 gig.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

When I contracted in Australia, IT was always the slow bit. I would arrive on the start day and basically spend the whole day doing nothing.

In science there is always something to read, but reading scientific publications makes me sleepy...

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I have USB drives for one purpose only, to use in situations where I don't want people having access to my portable hard drive. I have about four I think ranging from 1gig to 16 gig.

I have 2 8GB USB's, 3 16GB USB's, 1 32GB USB and 1 64GB USB.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I switched to cloud sharing for pretty much everything. In the last one year i may have used USB sticks like 10 times ��

Can't always use the cloud. My works has restrictions and some places you go won't allow you access.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Besides my music collection is way too big for the cloud and I can't stream audio as I only have 1 gig download limit at the moment and no wifi at work.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Well crippled wifi but that means the same. :p No audio/video sites. No personal web email. No free software. No cloud services. So what's the point?

Sounds like someone in your IT department is a bit of a ****. There's lockdown and then there's maximum security prison environment.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like someone in your IT department is a bit of a ****. There's lockdown and then there's maximum security prison environment.

We use IBM IT security services. That should explain everything. Paranoid is their second name.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I guess I'm behind... woke up this morning and just found out about the Nokia MS deal... good stuff!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I use now the Mac of a colleague who is away this week. At least now I can Go... look stuff up in the internet ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I guess I'm behind... woke up this morning and just found out about the Nokia MS deal... good stuff!

Ah, it's ok. If you're a stock holder, probably pretty happy. If you're just a user, makes no difference at this stage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb