WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Probably dropped it. Simple truth is if you drop the phone the right way it will break.

Shouldn't that be if you drop it the wrong way?

Dropping it the right way would mean its dropped the same way as they do on all those test videos where they survive nuclear holocausts mid flight.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I think I read that they (MS) did not purchase the "Nokia" branding, just the "Lumia" name... So I suppose it could be the Microsoft Lumia 969.... or if you just want a long name, the Microsoft Surface Lumia Windows Phone 969... or a as they say in Germany, das MicrosoftSurfaceLumiaWindowsPhone969.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think I read that they (MS) did not purchase the "Nokia" branding, just the "Lumia" name... So I suppose it could be the Microsoft Lumia 969.... or if you just want a long name, the Microsoft Surface Lumia Windows Phone 969... or a as they say in Germany, das MicrosoftSurfaceLumiaWindowsPhone969.

I thought they were allowed to use the Nokia name for 10 years. With the Nokia deal, Microsoft become a juggernaut in patents for smart devices | Windows Phone Central

I doubt they will use it for 10 years but I guess it's an option.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
or a as they say in Germany, das MicrosoftSurfaceLumiaWindowsPhone969.

I don't know about the Germans, but we wouldn't say that in Switzerland ;-)

And if we did only the first letter would be capitalized :p

Also we would write neunhundertundneunundsechzig instead of 969!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Taking a stab I give it three years max and Nokia phones won't exist. The Lumia name will last possibly one year more after that. Then it will probably be MS Surface Phone or something like that.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't know about the Germans, but we wouldn't say that in Switzerland ;-)

And if we did only the first letter would be capitalized :p

Also we would write neunhundertundneunundsechzig instead of 969!

I never could work out the Swiss - I mean come on pick a language.

You've got French, German and Italian and then you decide to throw Romansh into the mix as well.

Why not just pick one and call it... I don't know... Swiss?

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Well crippled wifi but that means the same. :p No audio/video sites. No personal web email. No free software. No cloud services. So what's the point?

i see your point. If it was me i would not bother connecting. At least that would make the battery last longer 😝

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

I think the new Microsoft Lumia will be called Lumia One. At first, the phone will come some of the worst possible features that are completely against anything anyone could ever ask/expect from the phone.

Then, all previous Lumia owners will revolt against it. Microsoft will then promise to cut back on all the draconian stuff and just give us the phone that we always wanted.

Even after all is said and done, the Lumia One will ship with a tripod for the 250 mega pixel camera, although nobody wants or knows what to do with the tripod 😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)