WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

in other news...

the scroll whell on my RAT 7 mouse and the forward arrow on my keyboard have both stopped working..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

in other news...

the scroll whell on my RAT 7 mouse and the forward arrow on my keyboard have both stopped working..

That's sucks. I did the Windows 8 Refresh on my laptop last night. Found out that it keeps your personal files, however removes all your programs and apps. :/

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That's sucks. I did the Windows 8 Refresh on my laptop last night. Found out that it keeps your personal files, however removes all your programs and apps. :/

It does indeed - especially as I use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Its actually quite infuriating every time I hit one of the buttons it causes the scroll wheel to zoom either in or out, whats more annoying is its a ?80 mouse.

Yeah refresh is quite good on windows 8 - the thing I like is it creates a list of all the apps and programmes you had installed to refer to. I had to do that on my PC the day after I built it and installed everything - found out the hard way that you cant treat a W8 install the same as W7. I installed all the drivers for motherboard and graphics card and installed loads of other software before doing the windows updates which then came up with loads of errors and wouldn't install. Found out that's not the way to do it on W8 - you have to let it get all the drivers for you and do all the updates first before installing anything else.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It does indeed - especially as I use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Its actually quite infuriating every time I hit one of the buttons it causes the scroll wheel to zoom either in or out, whats more annoying is its a ?80 mouse.

Yeah refresh is quite good on windows 8 - the thing I like is it creates a list of all the apps and programmes you had installed to refer to. I had to do that on my PC the day after I built it and installed everything - found out the hard way that you cant treat a W8 install the same as W7. I installed all the drivers for motherboard and graphics card and installed loads of other software before doing the windows updates which then came up with loads of errors and wouldn't install. Found out that's not the way to do it on W8 - you have to let it get all the drivers for you and do all the updates first before installing anything else.

I've run into an annoying bit. I have an HP Envy Laptop and I was having difficulty getting drivers with just W8 so I downloaded the HP Help Assistant to get the rest. It found two but two are still missing. Thing is I have no idea what they are. I'll have to investigate further. :/

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

ok going to take a stab at being an analyst

"10K post mark to fall 24th October 2013"

With the popularity of the internet growing and the steadfast support of some windows phone users I foresee the 10K posts mark on the WPcentral forums 10K post challenge being broken around the 24th October.

With input from a hardy bunch of users they are averaging 600 posts a week, an astounding feat by any means many of them using the third place phone OS to make posts via an app. (windows phone has apps!! who knew??) They have quickly burned through the 1K and 5K challenges and the pace now seems unrelenting with a daily mish-mash of random conversations, tech talk and comedy from a bunch of users that obviously have nothing better to do.

Regular posters often make the Top posters list on the WPC website purely by adding single word posts like "Cake". While some may see this as shameless post boosting there is method to the madness here in the forum and no one can really argue that there is ever a poor excuse for cake. Post boosting also occurs in a lull during the day where one person will seemingly take the challenge by the horns and post multiple times with the most random comments purely to illicit a reaction or a few laughs from other forum members. Other post boosting occurs daily with the phrase "good morning" and appears multiple times from multiple users, it seems like one person copying another for sure but it does all add to the post count.

With the effort these guys are currently showing there doesn't seem to be a lot to stop them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That was funny and (sadly???) true. LOL!

If there was a Top Liked I think we'd all be there. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well just found out that something I've been working for over a month just got binned. Woot! That was fun. :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've just realised that I have no Green Day in my music collection. I'll have to rectify that.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

ok going to take a stab at being an analyst

"10K post mark to fall 24th October 2013"

With the popularity of the internet growing and the steadfast support of some windows phone users I foresee the 10K posts mark on the WPcentral forums 10K post challenge being broken around the 24th October.

With input from a hardy bunch of users they are averaging 600 posts a week, an astounding feat by any means many of them using the third place phone OS to make posts via an app. (windows phone has apps!! who knew??) They have quickly burned through the 1K and 5K challenges and the pace now seems unrelenting with a daily mish-mash of random conversations, tech talk and comedy from a bunch of users that obviously have nothing better to do.

Regular posters often make the Top posters list on the WPC website purely by adding single word posts like "Cake". While some may see this as shameless post boosting there is method to the madness here in the forum and no one can really argue that there is ever a poor excuse for cake. Post boosting also occurs in a lull during the day where one person will seemingly take the challenge by the horns and post multiple times with the most random comments purely to illicit a reaction or a few laughs from other forum members. Other post boosting occurs daily with the phrase "good morning" and appears multiple times from multiple users, it seems like one person copying another for sure but it does all add to the post count.

With the effort these guys are currently showing there doesn't seem to be a lot to stop them.

Analysis :cool:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Well just found out that something I've been working for over a month just got binned. Woot! That was fun. :/

Hate it when that happens - although its normally changes for me - scourge of the computer age - there were never as many alterations to projects when everything was done on a drawing board.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hate it when that happens - although its normally changes for me - scourge of the computer age - there were never as many alterations to projects when everything was done on a drawing board.

True. I never had to use a board professionally, thankfully, though I did learn drafting on a board. What I was doing was sort of a side thing happening due to possible complications. There was always the possibility of it not going forward, so I sort of knew that. Still annoying.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The constant change culture is rampant on this project. It's starting to be reined in finally.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hey look a positive article for the MS-Nokia deal! Why Microsoft Was Not Stupid To Buy Nokia's Phones - Forbes

However, if I read one more article that states 'with the decline of the PC ' I think my head will explode. It's decline in upgrading constantly, not the F'in PC! I'm sure the mobile industry will suffer this eventually, then will people start saying 'with the decline in mobile products...'

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hey look a positive article for the MS-Nokia deal! Why Microsoft Was Not Stupid To Buy Nokia's Phones - Forbes

However, if I read one more article that states 'with the decline of the PC ' I think my head will explode. It's decline in upgrading constantly, not the F'in PC! I'm sure the mobile industry will suffer this eventually, then will people start saying 'with the decline in mobile products...'

Im on a one man mission to revive the PC market - Anyone want a custom built Windows 8 touchscreen coffee table?

Everyone should have one in their living room - not only is it a functional piece of furniture, its a design statement and pushes Microsofts vision of computers in the home.

Well that's my angle anyway...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Im on a one man mission to revive the PC market - Anyone want a custom built Windows 8 touchscreen coffee table?

Everyone should have one in their living room - not only is it a functional piece of furniture, its a design statement and pushes Microsofts vision of computers in the home.

Well that's my angle anyway...

You should go after the cafe market first. Get them off their iPhones and bring in touch screen tables. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans