WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There are just so many. Especially the heartbreak one. Just... wow.

I never knew people treasured the Nokia name so much! I mean I really like Nokia - it was my first phone, but still...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ooo where? let me know which one of the gazillion whinge threads you are commenting in.

I'm only on a couple of threads:

This one is funny
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...n/240399-save-nokia-lumia-brand-petition.html

The 'main' thread
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...acquisition-post-comments-questions-here.html

This was just silly
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/240192-2.htm

And this one
http://forums.windowscentral.com/off-topic-lounge/240135-3.htm

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The thing that get me is the phones aren't all that great. They break incredibly easily and the threads on faults from new just screams bad Q&A measures. Im actually looking forward to seeing phones released with nokia design influences and tech mixed with the same quality that you get from MS. I mean the surface RT and Pro may not be everyones favourite tablets but those things can take a beating.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The thing that get me is the phones aren't all that great. They break incredibly easily and the threads on faults from new just screams bad Q&A measures. Im actually looking forward to seeing phones released with nokia design influences and tech mixed with the same quality that you get from MS. I mean the surface RT and Pro may not be everyones favourite tablets but those things can take a beating.

Yes I have a similar feeling about the Lumia range. Though the 920 is a brick. I've been trying to sort out what is hardware fault and what is software and firmware. Bit of a mess but they devices were rushed.

I think MS will add quality but I think most people like the look, feel of Lumia and 'remember' Nokia as a good handset maker.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I never knew people treasured the Nokia name so much! I mean I really like Nokia - it was my first phone, but still...

Emotional attach to a company (shakes head).....

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Emotional attach to a company (shakes head).....

You can attach hate to a company quite easily - I hate Sony for example and Apple

But if you hate something the other extreme must be true so love for a company is perfectly acceptable.

Its not a proper emotion though as I don't believe you can, or should have emotional attachments to inanimate objects

Outpouring of emotions over something inanimate is wrong - its like writing a suicide note because your blow up doll got a puncture.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

You can attach hate to a company quite easily - I hate Sony for example and Apple

But if you hate something the other extreme must be true so love for a company is perfectly acceptable.

Its not a proper emotion though as I don't believe you can, or should have emotional attachments to inanimate objects

Outpouring of emotions over something inanimate is wrong - its like writing a suicide note because your blow up doll got a puncture.

SONY the best company in the world and AWESOME AT THE SAME TIME!

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Do you have a link stating that? I thought they had it for the next 10 years. I expect it to go prior to that but I don't see a reason why they wouldn't use it for a bit first.

MS has only 'purchased' the brands Lumia and Asha. The Nokia name remains with the current company which will focus on mapping and other stuff. We will still have Lumias and Ashas. The phone and the packaging will say Microsoft.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

I will miss it. I am actually fast forwarding my purchase for the next phone to early next year, just so that i can be a Nokia customer for two more years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte