WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

in other news - 68 year old man walks into carphone warehouse for an upgrade from his feature phone as his phone battery has finally died after 6 years of use.

Says to the salesman - I just want a basic phone with a cheap contract as I only rarely make calls and texts

68 year old man walks out with an S4 on a 2 year ?40 a month contract with unlimited texts, minutes and 1gb data on 4g.

I think that salesmen needs shooting.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

in other news - 68 year old man walks into carphone warehouse for an upgrade from his feature phone as his phone battery has finally died after 6 years of use.

Says to the salesman - I just want a basic phone with a cheap contract as I only rarely make calls and texts

68 year old man walks out with an S4 on a 2 year ?40 a month contract with unlimited texts, minutes and 1gb data on 4g.

I think that salesmen needs shooting.

Did that really happen? If so the 68 year old man is highly gullible. That being said, I hate only having 1g of data. Thanks for reminding me to contact Virgin. They have a SIM only deal for ?15/m with unlimited data. That being said, the Virgin network is not that great even though it uses EE.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah over the weekend - I was furious - I even picked out a plan for the guy nokia 520 500 mins 5000 texts 500mb data ?12.50 a month.

Don't know what the salesperson said but he needs an award for BS then shooting for failing his customer.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah over the weekend - I was furious - I even picked out a plan for the guy nokia 520 500 mins 5000 texts 500mb data ?12.50 a month.

Don't know what the salesperson said but he needs an award for BS then shooting for failing his customer.

That's truly sad but if the guy wants to buy that kind of BS he clearly had no idea what he was looking for prior to walking in and deserved what he got. I find this a common theme with older people, which is why a lot of sales people love seeing older people come into stores, they're the perfect customers. Easily prone to BS. That's why I refuse to stop learning anything technical or if I'm buying something then I want to know what I'm buying. I won't be that 'old' person who is easily swayed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I should point out that all sales people should be shot. Right after marketing people of course.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Considering you could consider Graphic Design marketing, I reject your hypothesis. Scrub Marketing off the list and we're good.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Considering you could consider Graphic Design marketing, I reject your hypothesis. Scrub Marketing off the list and we're good.

Graphic design is an art, though it serves marketing. That being said, it's not the art I'm offended by it's the superficial messages. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here's a quote, well more like a monologue from a comedian I like called Bill Hicks:

Bill Hicks: By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing... kill yourself.

[audience laughs and claps]

Bill Hicks: Thank you. Just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day, they'll take root. I don't know. You try, you do what you can. Kill yourself. Seriously though, if you are, do.

[audience laughs]

Bill Hicks: Aaah, no really, there's no rationalisation for what you do and you are Satan's little helpers, okay? Kill yourself, seriously. You're the ruiner of all things good, seriously. No, no, this is not a joke, you're going, "there's gonna to be a joke coming," there's no ******* joke coming. You are Satan's spawn filling the world with bile and garbage. You are ****ed and you are ******* us. Kill yourself. It's the only way to save your ******* soul. Kill yourself.

[audience claps and whoops]

Bill Hicks: Planting seeds. I know all the marketing people are going, "he's doing a joke..." there's no joke here whatsoever. Suck a tail-pipe, ******* hang yourself, borrow a gun from a Yank friend. I don't care how you do it. Rid the world of your evil ******* machinations. Machi... whatever, you know what I mean. I know what all the marketing people are thinking right now too, "Oh, you know what Bill's doing, he's going for that anti-marketing dollar. That's a good market, he's very smart."

[audience laughs]

Bill Hicks: Oh man, I am not doing that, you ******* evil scumbags. "Ooh, you know what Bill's doing now, he's going for the righteous indignation dollar. That's a big dollar. A lot of people are feeling that indignation. We've done research. Huge market. He's doing a good thing." Goddammit, I'm not doing that, you scumbags. Quit putting a goddamm dollar sign on every ******* thing on this planet! "Ooh, the anger dollar. Huge. Huge in times of recession. Giant market. Bill's very bright to do that." God, I'm just caught in a ******* web. "Ooh, the trapped dollar, big dollar, huge dollar. Good market. Look at our research. We see that many people feel trapped. If we play to that and then separate them into the trapped dollar..." God, how do you live like that? I bet you sleep like ******* babies at night, don't you? "What did ya do tonight honey?" "Oh, we made ah, we made ah, arsenic ah, childhood food now, goodnight."

[lays down and snores]

Bill Hicks: "Yeah, we just said you know is your baby really too loud? You know?"

[snores]

Bill Hicks: "Yeah, it'll... you know the mums will love it."

[snores]

Bill Hicks: [stands up] Sleep like ******* children, don't you? This is your world isn't it?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's unfortunate that Bill isn't with us anymore. He was quite funny. What is scary though is that he did comedy when Bush Sr was in power. His jokes are still valid in this day and age.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now that I'm done beating up on marketing and salespeople, what kind of phone do you hope to get next? :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd personally like to get one with a proper zoom lens on it someday while still maintaining style. I think that Samsung one is ugly.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

It's unfortunate that Bill isn't with us anymore. He was quite funny. What is scary though is that he did comedy when Bush Sr was in power. His jokes are still valid in this day and age.

Listen to the man - youtube his stand up - he was brilliant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786