WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Would be neat if some of that came this way. I like thunderstorms. :) However it would probably stop the trains. Then again, it doesn't take much to stop the trains.

I was on a train the other day that was delayed by the train in front of it. How can that even happen? ;)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was on a train the other day that was delayed by the train in front of it. How can that even happen? ;)

I find the train situation here in the UK funny. Doesn't take much to stop them. Then there's the airports.... Oh well, one of those quirks of living in a strange climate pocket.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh so now everyone's quiet when I finally post something >.> I will check back later with some cake just because I didn't get any yesterday

Cake is a good thing, but if you want good cake go to France. They have the best as far as I'm concerned. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sup all I'm back again but at school x.x and I don't want go to French ....blah!!!! And ooooohh I see you guys moved in without me D: I have been betrayed *huddles in a Corner while eating pop tarts * no sharing with you guys now /inner kid rant
Ehhhh I could try to comment on thr stuff I missed but it would take to long :p

I know French class seems like a pain, however I regret not caring enough about it and now I'm having to relearn it. LOL! Being young means not thinking to far in the future.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You can't beat an Eccles cake (although I'm not even sure it's actually a cake) :p

I'd have to agree that it's probably not a cake as such. I don't mind currents but they're not 100% my thing in sweets. I have, for lack of a better term, posh taste buds.

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

I'd have to agree that it's probably not a cake as such. I don't mind currents but they're not 100% my thing in sweets. I have, for lack of a better term, posh taste buds.

I've just looked, and according to Wikipedia, an Eccles Cake is a cake! You learn something new every day.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've just looked, and according to Wikipedia, an Eccles Cake is a cake! You learn something new every day.

I wonder why it's a cake over a pie? Then again this is the UK... It looks a lot a fruit mince pie, just slightly different. I've never tried one are they sweeter than fruit mince pies?

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

I wonder why it's a cake over a pie? Then again this is the UK... It looks a lot a fruit mince pie, just slightly different. I've never tried one are they sweeter than fruit mince pies?

Fruit mince has other bits in it that make it sticky. An eccles cake seems to be pretty much just currants inside flaky pastry.

I imagine its because its made of flaky pastry that its called a cake and not a pie. There again, steak and ale pie can have flaky pastry on it.

So confused...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Fruit mince has other bits in it that make it sticky. An eccles cake seems to be pretty much just currants inside flaky pastry.

I imagine its because its made of flaky pastry that its called a cake and not a pie. There again, steak and ale pie can have flaky pastry on it.

So confused...

Pie is usually something in a crust whereas cake is usually not. The only cake exception I can think of is cheesecake. That's why I'm confused on the cake definition.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Well that sucks - just had to actually do some work today instead of just posting in here. Not bad though managed to get about 4 hours paid forum posting today.

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

Pie is usually something in a crust whereas cake is usually not. The only cake exception I can think of is cheesecake. That's why I'm confused on the cake definition.

I think I've heard that definition before, but there's always an exception to the rule. Maybe eccles cake is just a name and its not technically a cake? Either way, I like eating them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte