WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I love black forest!!!

The black forest must be a beautiful area, I have never really been there consciously, even though it's not too far. I like the cake too, as long as not too much of kirsch was put into it.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The black forest must be a beautiful area, I have never really been there consciously, even though it's not too far. I like the cake too, as long as not too much of kirsch was put into it.

You should go for a walk into the black forest while having some of it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

While your at it can you make an artificial cake with your scientists buddies. :smile:

Like this 'artificial' burger the media was all over? Created from cells cultured supplemented with Fetal bovine serum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ? ;-)

Fetal bovine serum (FBS) or fetal calf serum is the blood fraction remaining after the natural coagulation of blood, followed by centrifugation to remove any remaining red blood cells.[SUP][1][/SUP] Fetal bovine serum comes from the blood drawn from a bovine fetus via a closed system of collection at the slaughterhouse.

Tasty, truly the new thing for vegans!

All the biologists I have ever met love to eat sweets, and a lot of them like to bake cakes. I think it has something to do with the job, somebody who enjoys following protocols, incubating cells and mixing reagents together, such a person also goes for following a recipe, use the oven and knead dough ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Carrot cake is very common around here, and I always thought it's a very strange idea to put vegetables into a cake. Until a friend of mine made the best carrot cake you can imagine for me. Now I'm on carrot cakes' side ;-)

I promised to bake a chocolate cake for a friend this weekend. I shouldn't forget that...

I love a good carrot cake. I was making fun of BP because he was dissing fruit in cake... or fruit in general. Ever try beetroot chocolate cake?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I promised to bake a chocolate cake for a friend this weekend. I shouldn't forget that...

Make brownies instead. Here's an easy recipe and they turn out more fudge than cake but still yummy. :)

Chocolate Brownies with Hazelnuts:
225g (1 cup) butter plus extra for greasing
200g (1 2/3 cups) plain flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp vanilla extract
275g dark chocolate 70% or higher
400g (2 cups) caster sugar
5 large eggs
300g whole hazelnuts
Pinch of salt
Method:
Preheat oven to 180C or fan forced 160C. Lightly grease a 21 x 29 cm shallow pan, dust with flour and shake excess out. (If you only have a smaller pan make sure it’s deeper and you may need to allow extra baking time).
Place butter, vanilla, chocolate, caster sugar and pinch of salt into a microwaveable bowl. Melt in the microwave on medium setting for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute. (I would recommend not melting the chocolate completely in the microwave. After three minutes it is soft but hot and will melt with some stirring.) Once everything is melted add the eggs one a time stirring after each one.
Fold in the flour, then the nuts. Make sure everything is mixed well and pour into the baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes (check with a toothpick to make sure it's cooked through). Allow brownies to cool for about 10 minutes then drop out of pan and allow cooling to continue on a rack (I’ve found if they cool in the pan it may be difficult to remove.) Once at room temperature cut into large squares.
Serving suggestion:
Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I love a good carrot cake. I was making fun of BP because he was dissing fruit in cake... or fruit in general. Ever try beetroot chocolate cake?

Now, and I never cared enough about 'Rande' to know it is beetroot in English ;-)

Actually I wouldn't know what to do with beetroot, I only had it in salads either cooked or raw. Could be interesting in a cake, but I don't think I'll try it for this weekend, I'm still trying to get my new flat's oven under control...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Make brownies instead. Here's an easy recipe and they turn out more fudge than cake but still yummy. :)

But, but, I can't do that. My friend who's also the host of this party is famous for her brownies. I don't think she would appreciate it when I'd try to steal her thunder ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But, but, I can't do that. My friend who's also the host of this party is famous for her brownies. I don't think she would appreciate it when I'd try to steal her thunder ;-)

Oh, that sucks. LOL! Wouldn't be good if you brought brownies better than hers. Oh well, just thought I would help. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now, and I never cared enough about 'Rande' to know it is beetroot in English ;-)

Actually I wouldn't know what to do with beetroot, I only had it in salads either cooked or raw. Could be interesting in a cake, but I don't think I'll try it for this weekend, I'm still trying to get my new flat's oven under control...

Beetroot is great on hamburgers. I got used to the idea when I lived in Australia. They love their beetroot there. They have a burger with the 'lot', which basically means - burger, cheese, bacon, pineapple, egg, beetroot and lettuce and tomato (which they refer to as salad).

I do recommend the beetroot chocolate cake though. It's quite sweet.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Beetroot is great on hamburgers. I got used to the idea when I lived in Australia. They love their beetroot there. They have a burger with the 'lot', which basically means - burger, cheese, bacon, pineapple, egg, beetroot and lettuce and tomato (which they refer to as salad).

I do recommend the beetroot chocolate cake though. It's quite sweet.

We should get a food sub-forum. I think it would be much more interesting that Nokia's umpteenth budget phone, while HTC and Samsung just don't care anymore, and the updates we don't get ;-)

I'll keep the cake in mind, I think it's actually time to try something different. Have baked my chocolate cake too many times.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We should get a food sub-forum. I think it would be much more interesting that Nokia's umpteenth budget phone, while HTC and Samsung just don't care anymore, and the updates we don't get ;-)

I'll keep the cake in mind, I think it's actually time to try something different. Have baked my chocolate cake too many times.

I can talk a lot about food. I'm all for the sub topic. :)

A good chocolate cake recipe is always a good thing. I'm just rather adventurous. There's also raw chocolate cake but that might be a bit much for you take in. :p It's made with avocados.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo