WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

McDonalds for breakfast today - because why the feck not.

Pancakes and sausage smothered in syrup followed up by a sausage egg and cheese bagel

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

McDonalds for breakfast today - because why the feck not.

Pancakes and sausage smothered in syrup followed up by a sausage egg and cheese bagel

Did I start something here by mentioning my bacon and egg breakfast? :eek:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Random picture moment, brought to you by Rouen, France.

This is the tower where Joan of Arc was held captive prior to being burnt at the stake. Yes, I'm feeling that mournful this morning.

WP_20130907_042[1].jpg

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Did I start something here by mentioning my bacon and egg breakfast? :eek:

Yes. Yes you did.

Normally wouldn't touch McDonalds but due to my rather foul mood I decided that I wasn't putting up with the substandard eggs served in my building for breakfast

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

It's not been long, you're perceptive!

Eating a bacon and egg sandwich! :D

Yeah awesome job on the mod status. Very deserving. You also got a new avatar..very fancy. I like it. I could do with a sandwich like that, but no bacon in stock for me :(

My construction toys are in storage in the loft I think. Half tempted to see how they're doing. Pretty sure I got a stockpile of my Lego collection up there too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

To give an idea of what we have here today.

We have Hilti, Nationwide Platforms and Mammoet with their SPMT and crane. I would put up pictures but they can all be searched.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah awesome job on the mod status. Very deserving. You also got a new avatar..very fancy. I like it. I could do with a sandwich like that, but no bacon in stock for me :(

My construction toys are in storage in the loft I think. Half tempted to see how they're doing. Pretty sure I got a stockpile of my Lego collection up there too.

I have no toys left from my childhood - I think I only have books stored in the loft at my parents - having two younger brothers all my toys got passed down

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have no toys left from my childhood - I think I only have books stored in the loft at my parents - having two younger brothers all my toys got passed down

I think I may have some things left but my mother just did a make over of the basement so no idea if anything is left. Not that I had much of any value anyway.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Right yeah. Some of my other toys were sent to my younger cousins. I know my tonka truck was one of them as I saw it go in the box. Sad moment. I was adamant the Lego stuff had to stay though :wink:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I think I may have some things left but my mother just did a make over of the basement so no idea if anything is left. Not that I had much of any value anyway.

One of my friends just moved into a new house after a divorce and had all his old things taken out of storage - saw him at the weekend and hes got pretty much the same stuff as I had when I was a kid. Transformers, Star Wars, loads of army toys and soldiers. We must have spent about 30 minutes playing with the transformers trying to work out and remember the transformations. One of the most noticeable things is all the old toys are die cast and made from metal. Everything nowadays is plastic and breaks so easily.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Right yeah. Some of my other toys were sent to my younger cousins. I know my tonka truck was one of them as I saw it go in the box. Sad moment. I was adamant the Lego stuff had to stay though :wink:

I never owned any Tonka stuff as a kid - had loads of lego though.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Lego never gets old - if I had a couple of thousand laying around would love to pick up one of these

Millenium-Falcon-10179-lego-star-wars-24868618-1239-1037.jpg

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Nice. I'd never be able to buy that due to the wife wanting an explanation. :p

Well I see it like this.

Its lego
Its Star Wars
Its Extremely rare limited edition
It costs almost $4000 for a new one. $1300 for a used

I can explain away 3 of the 4

The price tag is hard to swallow

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well I see it like this.

Its lego
Its Star Wars
Its Extremely rare limited edition
It costs almost $4000 for a new one. $1300 for a used

I can explain away 3 of the 4

The price tag is hard to swallow

Hmm around ?1000 for used and over ?2500 for new. That's pretty steep for a toy. What year is that from? If it's more than 20 years I'd like to know what kind of person buys that and keeps it 'new'. :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hmm around ?1000 for used and over ?2500 for new. That's pretty steep for a toy. What year is that from? If it's more than 20 years I'd like to know what kind of person buys that and keeps it 'new'. :p

Heres a link from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-10179-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2124232

And the lego brickipedia

10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

Its July 2007 so its only 5 years old

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow, that's quite the price jump. I guess that's what happens when it's a collectors edition. I see they have a cheaper version but doesn't look as good as the collector version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss