WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

?355!!!!!!!!

Nice but way over the top for what I need. I'm not sure if I'd be able to use all the functions here at work. I'll stick to a mouse. Not sure I can get used to a stationary mouse.

Yeah they take a bit of getting used to... but if your switching between packages the presets and additional functions are incredibly efficient

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah they take a bit of getting used to... but if your switching between packages the presets and additional functions are incredibly efficient

Yeah I'm sure it's great but like I said, only if my computer settings will let me use the functions. I currently only use ACAD and Microstation. I'll be moving onto SmartPlant 3D, maybe or SmartPlant Electrical. I'm still waiting for them to tell me what. Not sure how effective it would be with SmartPlant.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed that most English speaking people who are from Commonwealth countries tend to use the Queen's English. I just decided to do something different, so I changed my default language in Windows 8 and in Linux Mint to English UK.

I worked with a woman from Jamaica at one job. She even mentioned O-levels and A-levels.

Yup. I just missed taking those in high school. I took CXCs instead - the Caribbean equivalent to O-levels. I did take A-levels though, those have been phased out and it is now CAPE - the Caribbean equivalent.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I got about 6 hours of sleep. Gonna iron my work gear and then head to an all day training. The nice thing is that its a two day all day training that's not in the clinic so it allows me to get to classes earlier this week. My commute is now 1 hour instead of 90mins...😊...plus I can go the repair who and let them star working on my 8X...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I'm sure it's great but like I said, only if my computer settings will let me use the functions. I currently only use ACAD and Microstation. I'll be moving onto SmartPlant 3D, maybe or SmartPlant Electrical. I'm still waiting for them to tell me what. Not sure how effective it would be with SmartPlant.

Yeah that's the only real trouble with it is they have to supply add-on software so it works with your packages. Ive always found gaming mice to be pretty good for what we do - ones with lots of buttons that allow you to customize to any software or game.

The cyborg RAT 7 is a good buy - RAT 9 for wireless version.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Right yeah. Some of my other toys were sent to my younger cousins. I know my tonka truck was one of them as I saw it go in the box. Sad moment. I was adamant the Lego stuff had to stay though :wink:

Got a small Bumblebee Transformer toy stuck somewhere in my cell phone accessory drawer as my only surviving toy from childhood. My only adult toy is my Lego Space Needle...i love Lego's Architecture series.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know I've always found the term 'Queens English' rather weird. So when the Queen dies it will become the 'Kings English'. Having lived in the UK for over two years now, I can tell I'm not entirely sure how many people actually are speaking English... Some accents are just wow.... That and some of the sentence structures are so different than what I used in Canada.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I got about 6 hours of sleep. Gonna iron my work gear and then head to an all day training. The nice thing is that its a two day all day training that's not in the clinic so it allows me to get to classes earlier this week. My commute is now 1 hour instead of 90mins......plus I can go the repair who and let them star working on my 8X...

Morning - Ironing??

Im pretty fortunate at this job - don't have to be suited and booted - jeans and tshirt are good enough here.

Bet you will be glad to have your 8x back

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

You know I've always found the term 'Queens English' rather weird. So when the Queen dies it will become the 'Kings English'. Having lived in the UK for over two years now, I can tell I'm not entirely sure how many people actually are speaking English... Some accents are just wow.... That and some of the sentence structures are so different than what I used in Canada.

Yeah and you don't even want to get started on how the youth of today speak - especially in London. My goodness.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning - Ironing??

Im pretty fortunate at this job - don't have to be suited and booted - jeans and tshirt are good enough here.

Want to change jobs? I'm stuck in a stuffy environment. Not even a dress down Friday.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning - Ironing??

yup. I work in a free clinic for adolescents and young people. But I like to wear my slacks and a work shirt to look professional. I do wear my jeans and work shirt on Fridays and Saturdays though. I iron my own clothes though as dry cleaning is too expensive. I've got a customer service training in midtown Manhattan the next two days so it is good to be out of the office. 😊

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The funny tthing is that there is NO SUCH THING AS THE QUEEN'S OR KING'S ENGLISH. Everyone who speaks English uses an accent. Cockney may be the closest to the Queen's English, but I suspect, just like here in America, the only people who use the Queen's English are politicians and actors, and the Queen herself.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Anyone having phone issues today??

Cant get anything to sync on my phone even on wifi and with a full signal - no people feed - no twitter or facebook - no xbox games or music - no email - and the store isn't accepting the updates.

And yes I have rebooted the phone...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The funny tthing is that there is NO SUCH THING AS THE QUEEN'S OR KING'S ENGLISH. Everyone who speaks English uses an accent. Cockney may be the closest to the Queen's English, but I suspect, just like here in America, the only people who use the Queen's English are politicians and actors, and the Queen herself.

Yeah and I bet she only uses that when shes out in public - I bet shes as common as muck behind closed doors.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Anyone having phone issues today??

Cant get anything to sync on my phone even on wifi and with a full signal - no people feed - no twitter or facebook - no xbox games or music - no email - and the store isn't accepting the updates.

And yes I have rebooted the phone...
Damn. Wait, by saying you've rebooted the phone, have you soft reseted it?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

PS/2 plug????? How old is your computer??? I hate cords. I have too many of them on my desk and wireless mouse is better for CAD work.

naaa, almost every PC got ps/2 connector, even the newest ones :p I'm using it because 2 USB ports are damaged and 4 others are frequently in use, that's why I plugged my mouse to ps/2. ;) however one of my PC's is 6yrs old, and another one is 9yrs old. Of course I kept improving their parts. On the first one I store important personal data - pictures, documents, videos and on the second one.... well, secret things and projects ;) + a lot useful tools, cracks, copies, files, drivers, installers, serial keys/passwords, updates, patches, tips&tricks (txt files) and more... It's a huge treasure house. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well that's like anywhere. They have their slang, then they have to grow up at some stage. :p

Yeah and you don't even want to get started on how the youth of today speak - especially in London. My goodness.

The issue is that there are some youth who grow up in age but never drop the slang. Always hilarious when hearing some people over 40 use that lingo...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

hmm problem solved. A third soft reset has sorted all the issues.

Normal service has resumed, third times a charm I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786