WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The 1020 has 2G RAM. I think there's a phone out with either 3G or 4G so 8G is not unlikely. Also MS claim is based on the current OS architecture. It was meant to show the kernel was future proof as way of saying to devs that they're hear to stay and there's longevity in the OS.

I'm not trying to say that 64 bit shouldn't be on phones. I just think it doesn't matter a thing for the iPhone at the moment. I much rather see Android as a candidate for the need of higher RAM, but as Android is Linux based it shouldn't be that hard for Google to provide a 64 bit version.

Here an excerpt from the Engadget live blog. Start at the bottom. This is just so incredibly arrogant. I'm sure the developers of Android are talking about this very much, it's just not announced.

Brad Molen 7:36 PM
"I don't think the other guys are even talking about it yet."

The first ever of any kind.

It contains the A7 chip! A 64-bit chip.

"The iPhone 5S is a huge leap forward in mobile computing performance."

Brad Molen 7:35 PM
"Thank goodness we've moved beyond that."

He's reminiscing about the old days of computing.

First, the performance.

Edit: 20 seconds use of Google: http://www.androidauthority.com/64-bit-processors-4gb-memory-coming-2014-267402/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, I am going to bed now. I want to go for a run tomorrow at 6.30, weather forecast says 9? C. This will be fun.

Have a good night, and don't mind me ranting about Apple or technical stuff I don't know too much about. ;-)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm not trying to say that 64 bit shouldn't be on phones. I just think it doesn't matter a thing for the iPhone at the moment. I much rather see Android as a candidate for the need of higher RAM, but as Android is Linux based it shouldn't be that hard for Google to provide a 64 bit version.

Here an excerpt from the Engadget live blog. Start at the bottom. This is just so incredibly arrogant. I'm sure the developers of Android are talking about this very much, it's just not announced.

"I don't think the other guys are even talking about it yet."

The first ever of any kind.

It contains the A7 chip! A 64-bit chip.

"The iPhone 5S is a huge leap forward in mobile computing performance."

"Thank goodness we've moved beyond that."

He's reminiscing about the old days of computing.

First, the performance.

Edit: 20 seconds use of Google: 64-bit processors and 4GB of memory coming in 2014 - Android Authority

He so excited for 64 bit chip, I wish I was.......

Nope not feeling it. :evil:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well, I am going to bed now. I want to go for a run tomorrow at 6.30, weather forecast says 9? C. This will be fun.

Have a good night, and don't mind me ranting about Apple or technical stuff I don't know too much about. ;-)

I will be in bed thinking of you freezing in that weather while I'm tuck up and warm. :smile:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Can't resist... gonna have to cruise iMore and see how excited everyone over there is.

Hey, I begrudge no one the fun of a new device....

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Can't resist... gonna have to cruise iMore and see how excited everyone over there is.

Hey, I begrudge no one the fun of a new device....

I have it a mess, lots of fighting with each other and disagreements plenty of laughs I recommend!

Fun, Fun, Fun for us!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, I hear that the difference between an iPhone 5 and 5s isn't really that different.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well its Apple, we should have expected more, but we didn't, those two phones are gonna get tons of sales because they're Apple devices.

Sad but true all the other tech sites are hiding a lot of the details such as the price for one.

Which is ridiculous!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I was actually expecting something "different" from Apple, but I'm defiently not gonna switch anytime soon, I'm happy using Windows Phone. :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Sad but true all the other tech sites are hiding a lot of the details such as the price for one.

Which is ridiculous!
Well as long as the techs sites pay check comes from Apple, they're gonna be biased towards Apple and Android.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I was actually expecting something "different" from Apple, but I'm defiently not gonna switch anytime soon, I'm happy using Windows Phone. :)

I wasn't expecting much all the leaks gave too much away to be a surprise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss