WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The world cant end yet - I haven't got my 1020. If there's going to be fire and brimstone I at least want to post up some good looking pictures before we all go

Well there will be zombies, then lots of weird stuff that appear to be reflections from a bad acid trip. Then we need realise there's only a certain number (I forget what it is) who are getting in. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The world cant end yet - I haven't got my 1020. If there's going to be fire and brimstone I at least want to post up some good looking pictures before we all go

Also if you listen to some of the more extreme politicians over in the USA, we're supposedly in 'end times', of course rushed on by their determination to destroy the climate...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Also if you listen to some of the more extreme politicians over in the USA, we're supposedly in 'end times', of course rushed on by their determination to destroy the climate...

I tend not to listen to politicians... ever... My three year old daughter makes more sense than they do.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah that's a big jump - don't think we will see that developed enough to be mainstream for at least 10 years. There seriously is no need for it

Well it took forever to get to 64 bit and I knew of that years before it became mainstream. I know that 128 bit processors are being used but like you said, we probably won't see if for some time.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Well it took forever to get to 64 bit and I knew of that years before it became mainstream. I know that 128 bit processors are being used but like you said, we probably won't see if for some time.

Quantum computing is another thing that's on the horizon - and graphene - now nokia haven't got to worry about phones maybe the investment they have in graphene R&D will start coming up with some interesting tech.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Graphene is interesting. I've read that they can get 475 Ghz out of it, but haven't figured how to get the transistors to turn off.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But not about seeing the future - that would be a bit "woo" as you put it.

No, it's not woo. I'll explain. When I graduated way back in 1990 from college. I graduated with a diploma in electronic engineering. Anyway, Canada at the time was in a recession and the electronics field was changing (which is why I ended up in the electrical field). So very few options for work. Anyway, a major electronics firm came to our place to recruit a recent grad. The gave a presentation and we had to do a test (those that were interested) and they'd pick the top 6 people for a chat and then invite for a second test/interview. I made it to the 6 and I bombed the second test. Such is life.

Anyway, that major company you probably heard of, their name is SHARP. Their presentation that they showed us had an LCD TV in it (described as a Liquid Crystal Display), I still remember it to this day, it stuck with me though not much else and I have very little doubt they had a working prototype at the time. Keep in mind this is pre 486 computers. Simple reality is that the RD side of things is miles ahead of the consumer market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb